Bulls offseason Thread

sooooo...did Bulls get a call prompting them to make that move? Just seems odd they would do it tonight after Melo's TX mtgs. Like even if Melo wants to come here, this rules out the SnT .

Ah had me thinking there.. Lol

Releasing this info might be good news
melo just might have his head on str8

The amnesty is some BS. My understanding after the lockout was that you cut the guy, get the number off your payroll but still have to pay him. If you're cutting a guy making 16.8m, you should have 16.8m available to spend.

Interesting to say the least. The Bulls must gotten word from Melo to put news out there like that this late in the evening, which happens to be after Melo visit with the Rockets and Mavs. Why would the Bulls limited themselves and give up on a sign and trade with Boozer involved even if it didn't include the Knicks? The Bulls seems to be moving quickly amnestying Boozer which one would think would have been the last option.

I remember hearing melo saying he would first give a verbal agreement so take that how you like... I don't remember where but I'm sure I heard this

@bonez, all of the agreements are verbal until the 8th. That's when they can actually sign.

@tom, they don't HAVE to amnesty him. They could overpay him to come off the bench with some scoring. I figured he would be gone after mouthing off against thibs and never really seeing 4th qtr minutes.

The Lakers meeting seems like such a waste of time. Team up with mamba for two years then what? They don't even have a coach.

melomadnessonMadison

Bulls seem poised to amnesty him for Melo or someone else unless they can S&T him. The FO is flying to LA to see Pau today as a contingency. They'll need to trade/amnesty Boozer to make any real moves thIs summer...we knew this already.

The amnesty is some BS. My understanding after the lockout was that you cut the guy, get the number off your payroll but still have to pay him. If you're cutting a guy making 16.8m, you should have 16.8m available to spend.

If only the amnesty/CBA were that simple haha. We're over the cap, so that $16.8 coming off is closer to $12 of real cap space. You can only go over the cap to sign your own guys. Not to mention we have cap holds for quite a few unfilled roster spots further reducing how far under the cap we really are. Teams pay really smart people to read, re-read, and internalize every facet of the CBA to take advantage of any small thing or find loop holes to benefit them. I wonder if we sign Melo and go over the cap...would Pau be willing to take a big pay cut for the full mid level exception? We should be able to snag someone useful or even bring Mirotic over using the MLE.

Ant you can formally amnesty players starting July 10-18 I believe.

The FO probably leaked this info that they told Booz of their intentions.

Thanks guys for the clarification! Just when I think I've got it I see how far off I am from really getting it.

I don't see Pau taking the paycut and coming off the bench. I also wonder how he would respond to Thibs demands and cursing sessions. I thought Mirotic would be good now that he was humbled by his coach in the playoffs.

Let's let him keep working out and start cooking at the summer league. .

Rose is only practicing with the summer league team, he not actually going to play.

I really hope he decides to play for USA on restricted mintues, it would be a great way for him to get back into the flow of things.

I can't believe Pau is a contingency plan. I rather go for another wing than Pau. Like Chandler Parsons.

The more shooters the better.

Man, this market is crazy. Someone mentioned it in the NBA thread:

Stars having to take pay cuts and mid tier players getting paid, smh

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom