Bulls offseason Thread

Bulls getting Rose back, drafting McDermott, acquiring Mirotic. If not Melo, hopefully the Bulls will be able to pick up another decent player or two. This free agency period feels stressful.

Bulls getting Rose back, drafting McDermott, acquiring Mirotic. If not Melo, hopefully the Bulls will be able to pick up another decent player or two. This free agency period feels stressful.
If we don't get Melo the season isn't over for us.We pick up Parsons, Sessions, and probably someone else . I don't really care about Gasol that much. He played well for me in my association but I don't know if it would work out the same way in real life. :lol:.

Everything we've done since meeting with Melo points to the more likely fact that Anthony isn't coming to the Chi. I like Pau Gasol. Still think he's a very viable player. I just don't see his fit here. And I certainly dont want to overpay him. I mean, chemistry wise, he'd work well but adding another down low scorer when we need perimeter shooting baffles me somewhat. Adding Miritoc, who's a stretch four will help though. I dont know. Options arent overflowing, I understand that, but I still regret not trading for Afflalo.

yes affialo would have been great for us, however its the magics fault dumb move why trade the guy for nothing so soon that trade would have been there a month from now, let free agency shake out and you might have gotten even more.

any way i'm fine with keeping augustin adding Mirotic and maybe nick young(since we were too stupid to draft james young) 100% don't want love. we keep adding young talent hopefully we it it big and one of these guys turns into a allstar type player and we are set. also good thing about adding young talent is if Aldridge says hey portland its been real but i'm leaving.....they either lose him to a team with ton of cap space like the knicks or do a sign and trade with the bulls and get back gibson, snell, draft picks....regardless no team will be able to offer a better package. if rose shows that he is back to allstar or even better mvp form don't you think aldridge would want to be here?

Like I said before...
Ain't even mad. Our team and FO really tried and we can't fault them for a player choosing money over winning.....I couldn't fault anyone for that :rofl:
The only thing that got me a lil annoyed was hearing Melo's clown *** trying to recruit Gasol while he still talking to teams....seems real unauthentic of him to do this, like why not wait a couple of days after you agree to a team to start recruiting for them.

I'm in the mind state to say let's not overspend on some old declining vets.
I still say we should see what Minnesota is going to do with Love. We literally just got ourselves two lotto picks coming over, let's see what they can do also.

I still would like to see lance come over.. Gasol is 34 I thought he was soft before don't want to think about it now.. Don't see what he can.do.for us unless he's coming off the bench..

Hopefully dj.and brewer stick around

^^
I'm with you fam, I want DJ back.
Looks like well have the money for him now.

Also......

Boozer should be gone period. Don't care if it's cut or traded

This can't be stressed enough. I don't care if he's still getting payed, but we've all wanted this bum outta here for quite a while.

Happy 4th of July y'all!!
Cubs win, Brazil looking to advance. France and Germany should be good. I'm done grilling and now it's time to get belligerently drunk!

In you guy's opinion,

how much do you think Lance Stephenson is worth? He turned down a 5 yr/44 offer from the Pacer's

Did the Pacers low ball him or is his market value more?

In you guy's opinion,

how much do you think Lance Stephenson is worth? He turned down a 5 yr/44 offer from the Pacer's

Did the Pacers low ball him or is his market value more?
To be fair at minimum he should get 5 year 47 mil

We REALLY need to address the wing. I like Lance but we're going to have to give him at least 11M per .. add in the fact he's had some locker room issues, not sure how good of a fit it will be. I hope he continues to improve and what we saw last year wasn't the product of a "contract year."

Players that only do well their contract yr is the reason why I'm an advocate of non-guaranteed contracts or partial guaranteed contracts

Aldridge is not leaving Portland, they have a pretty good young squad in place.

Based off the deals so far, Lance should get 4/44 or 5/55 .. if Eric Gordon pulled 4/57 last summer no reason Lance shouldn't get at least 11.

Looks like Rose wasn't there to recruit Melo, actually he had no clue Melo was coming according to reports. There seems to be some disconnect between Rose and FO :smh:

I really hope we can add another piece, would hate for this off season to be a failure.

Just sharing this info...not meant to be trolling:

Anthony has met with Jackson three times since the season ended. A Yahoo! Sports report on Friday called the two “aligned with their vision.’’
The source close to Anthony told The Post on Friday that family is also a factor in potentially staying in New York. The Post has reported Anthony’s Brooklyn-raised wife La La Vasquez doesn’t want him to leave the Knicks after she was a driving force in the trade that brought him to New York from Denver in 2011.

Rose Part of Pitch To Melo From the Start

The Bulls and Derrick Rose agree on this: Both would love to add Carmelo Anthony. And the quicker Rose's headlines are basketball-related, the better for all.

After two seasons dominated by knee injuries, Rose found himself back in the news Friday. ESPN.com reported that the front office hadn't asked Rose to attend Tuesday's free-agent pitch to Anthony and that a surprised Rose stopped his workout to briefly say hello when he saw Anthony touring the United Center.

In fact, sources said Bulls officials requested weeks ago for Rose to participate in the pitch should they get an audience with Anthony once free agency began. When official contact was allowed late Monday and details of Anthony's Chicago visit were finalized, sources said they were communicated to Rose.

The Tribune reported in Wednesday's editions that Rose came to the United Center for a previously scheduled workout and rehabilitation session, talked to Anthony for roughly 20 minutes inside the locker room and did not attend a dinner held for Anthony.

Told ya'll Derrick knew.....

Aldridge is not leaving Portland, they have a pretty good young squad in place.

Based off the deals so far, Lance should get 4/44 or 5/55 .. if Eric Gordon pulled 4/57 last summer no reason Lance shouldn't get at least 11.

Looks like Rose wasn't there to recruit Melo, actually he had no clue Melo was coming according to reports. There seems to be some disconnect between Rose and FO :smh:

I really hope we can add another piece, would hate for this off season to be a failure.

^^Straight from BR

Yea...no way in hell Derrick wasnt aware that Melo would be at the UC.

Friedell was at the UC and said that Derrick was in the meeting with them for about an Hr and that the FO was very pleased with his participation. That he did everything they wanted him to do. With that said its Broussard who has the journalistic intergrity of a Fox News. And I'd take Lance at 5yrs 45, he's improved EVERY YEAR:

Just sharing this info...not meant to be trolling:

Anthony has met with Jackson three times since the season ended. A Yahoo! Sports report on Friday called the two “aligned with their vision.’’
The source close to Anthony told The Post on Friday that family is also a factor in potentially staying in New York. The Post has reported Anthony’s Brooklyn-raised wife La La Vasquez doesn’t want him to leave the Knicks after she was a driving force in the trade that brought him to New York from Denver in 2011.

Yeah everyone figured as much, that he was a longshot due to the money and her. Ehh, you have to take your shot.

I wish Broussard would move down to high school ball and speculate on college choices and scholarship offers. All I really want is factual information from news outlets. Not Ray Ray's blog but professional outlets. Stop trying to make Rose look bad and create problems within our organization.

The Bulls certainly had to take their shot and did just that. BUT I can't say he was a longshot due to the money because of what he said regarding money. It does seem that his wife was tugging on the other end. It's silly to me, but I guess each man's household is ran different.

The consensus seems that 5/45 is his fair market value but it sounds like he thinks he's worth more

I'm kind of split on him. Talented young player but his ego might be > talent from everything I'm hearing about him. Might not be worth the headache. It's ok to have a big ego if you have an equally big talent. Not ok if said ego exceeds said talent.

What I like most about the Bulls is the locker room and camaraderie. Hate for one bad egg to ruin the whole carton.

Last edited:
I'm torn on Lance. Part of me says he'll no! And the other part says why not?
Has he really learned his lesson? His selfishness and antics in the later part of the season and playoffs have literally cost him 20-30 mill.

I believe he can use that as motivation, and under the tutalage of Thibs he can really hit his all star potential. He would have to sacrifice part of his game, he will no longer be the primary ball handler and he would be a more traditional 2 guard. We could easily slide Jimmy over to the 3, and we got ourselves a solid starting 5.

Downside would be that we wouldn't be able to really pursue anyone in the 2015 FA. Not only that but it shortens our chances of retaining Jimmy or the money we could offer him. We would be taking a risk and if he doesn't mature we'd be stuck with JR Smith 2.0.

My offer would to Lance would be 4/40 mill with a mutual option on the 4th year.
That way if he don't pan out we cut ties after 3 season.

Back
Top Bottom