Bulls offseason Thread

How you guys feel about Nate getting reduced mins since Kirk is back?? Only had 17 mins last night. He was playing out his mind while Kirk was hurt.

How you guys feel about Nate getting reduced mins since Kirk is back?? Only had 17 mins last night. He was playing out his mind while Kirk was hurt.

Mixed feelings for me. Nate was an absolute steal at the vet minimum.

Kirk does help the team get into its offensive sets better than Nate. I wouldn't be so down on Kirk if the team had signed him smartly, instead of doing what they did. I think OJ Mayo could've been had for almost the same $, maybe just slightly more if they weren't so hell bent on having the prodigal son return.

Mixed feelings for me. Nate was an absolute steal at the vet minimum.

Kirk does help the team get into its offensive sets better than Nate. I wouldn't be so down on Kirk if the team had signed him smartly, instead of doing what they did. I think OJ Mayo could've been had for almost the same $, maybe just slightly more if they weren't so hell bent on having the prodigal son return.

That was all Paxon trying to get his player back :smh:

Good points. And Kirk is definitely Paxson's guy :smh: ... Hopefully Nate can still some minutes at SG .. I know we still have Rip and Marco but once Nate gets hot you gotta ride it out. Plus he seems alot more focused under Thibs than anywhere else he's played.

>D Reggie vocalized what I've felt about this org at one time or another.....

I wonder if Kupchak is plotting. :smh:

Reggie Rose rips Bulls' inactivity
Scott Powers
ESPNChicago.com
February 21, 2013

CHICAGO -- Derrick Rose's brother and manager Reggie Rose said Thursday the franchise hasn't put enough quality players around the Chicago Bulls star to win a championship and that could be a "big factor" in whether he returns this season from a knee injury.

Reggie Rose said he was speaking for himself and not his brother.

"What have you pieced together? Have you made any moves? Have you made any trades to get better? You know all roads to the championship lead through Miami," Reggie Rose said. "What pieces have you put together for the physical playoffs?

"Joakim Noah is a great player. Luol Deng is a great player. But you need more than that. You have to put together pieces to your main piece. The players can only do so much. It's up to the organization to make them better."

The Bulls stood pat at Thursday's trade deadline.

"It's frustrating to see my brother play his heart and soul out for the team and them not put anything around him," Reggie Rose said.

Pulling off a trade would have been complicated for the Bulls, who are hard capped at $74 million in payroll this season.

"We're up against what's called a hard cap," Bulls vice president John Paxson said last month on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN Chicago 1000. "In order for us to do something we're not in a position to take on any real salary so we're kind of limited in what we can do. I think our team has grown -- it's not always pretty, let's face it; we've had some ugly games this year and that's kind of who we are right now. But we do grind it out and play hard.

"You're always on the lookout to do certain things, but I think our move hopefully will be bringing Derrick back into the fold."

The Bulls, who have had the NBA's best record the past two seasons, have been without Rose all season as he recovers from May knee surgery but have stayed near the top of the Central Division standings. They enter Thursday's game against the Miami Heat with a 31-22 record and are the fifth seed in the East.

Initially believed to return sometime after last weekend's All-Star break, Rose said last week he wouldn't "mind missing this year" if he didn't feel ready to return and insisted that the decision is his to make.

Reggie Rose said the Bulls have known all along Rose could sit out this season, but the organization hasn't mentioned it because it would have affected ticket sales.

"Everyone is expecting Derrick to come back," Reggie Rose said. "If Derrick comes back, they're going to sell more tickets. Is the reason for Derrick to come back to win a championship or make money? Right now, I don't believe a championship. Everything in the NBA is financial."

Bulls general manager Gar Forman declined comment when contacted by ESPNChicago.com.

Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau said Thursday that Rose has "made the next step" in his rehab by participating in 5-on-5 drills on Monday and Wednesday, but he is still uncertain when Rose will be back.

"The big thing is you have to recognize the intensity of practice is different than the intensity of a game," Thibodeau said. "So he's made the next step. He's got to do this for a while. There's no timetable. He's making good progress. He's right where he should be. We just want him to continue to concentrate on the rehab, and when he's ready to go he'll go."

Reggie Rose believes Derrick Rose is close to playing this season, but he has to be ready in all facets before that happens.

"We can't give a timetable on it," Reggie Rose said. "It's up to Derrick. ... It's a possibility (he could miss the season). It's about Derrick's career. If he plays in the first game and aggravates the injury, what are they going to say about him coming back too soon?

"This isn't a quick decision. This is a career decision. It's not about just making the playoffs. It's about my little brother's career. He has to be ready physically and mentally. I want him to be in a position not to fail and let everyone down."

Reggie Rose said Rose's camp communicates weekly with the Bulls and insists there is no disconnect.

"We talk off and on," Reggie Rose said. "It's not every day. I think everyone is on the same page. I just think at the end of the day it's on the player, it's on Derrick to feel OK."

Rose's Adidas contract dwarfs his deal with the Bulls, but Reggie Rose said Adidas does not have a say in his return.

"Not at all," Reggie Rose said. "They have a partnership with Derrick. Derrick has a brand in their company. Adidas would love to get him back on the court. They've had two shoes released by him."

Information from ESPN Insider Amin Elhassan was used in this report. ESPNChicago.com's Nick Friedell contributed.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/stor...rose-brother-says-no-trades-big-factor-return

No good ever comes from anyone saying those types of things in the media (whether you agree with it or not). Just keep your mouth shut and let management know behind closed doors.

As a fan you can be upset and not like it, but the reason for that is because its the truth.

The F.O has done absolutely **** to show they're committed to pursuing a chip. What have they done that shows you they're trying to win?

You can keep that 2014 plan ******** to yourself because that's exactly what it is BULL ****.

No good ever comes from anyone saying those types of things in the media (whether you agree with it or not). Just keep your mouth shut and let management know behind closed doors.

Well, Kobe got Pau Gasol and two rings out of his public rants in 2007 :lol:

Not the exact same situation or wording, but still.

As a fan you can be upset and not like it, but the reason for that is because its the truth.

The F.O has done absolutely **** to show they're committed to pursuing a chip. What have they done that shows you they're trying to win?

You can keep that 2014 plan ******** to yourself because that's exactly what it is BULL ****.

I disagree, 9 times out of 10 i would agree about the front office but i think we need to look a little closer. Im like this right is right and wrong is wrong idc who you are, you can be my best friend or my worse enemy im going to be honest. The biggest mistakes we made were signing RIP and of course boozer. I never wanted boozer but even then no one really thought boozer would be this sorry, you lying if you say you knew because in Utah he was legit 20+ and 10 a night for you, the RIP signing was poor from the beginning, not resigning Asik hurt but after what Houston offered it wasn't possible so move on. With this being said we all knew where and how this season was going to go an idiot could have told you there were no trades being made so i know reggie the supposed manager knew that too. I feel like he threw the team under the bus at this very moment just to justify rose not coming back i think thats poor taste. Any real bulls fan accepts and respect if rose doesn't come back this year so no need to try to throw dirt now because realistically rose is waiting...... lets see what the team does this summer after dropping some contracts

How do you feel about his statements that the F.O knew he would potentially miss the entire season but chose not to disclose that to continue to sell tickets? Was them misleading fans not poor taste on their behalf?

For anyone who takes offense with what Reggie said I ask again: what has this F.O done to make you feel we're capable of winning a chip? What have they done to help Pooh get this team pass Mia?

As far as Asik you don't let that situation get that far, you sign him before free agency. But they were being cheap & gambling on him not having a lot of suitors. Hence we found ourselves between a rock & a hard place.

Last edited:
im not saying your wrong what im saying is everything your saying right now has been well known for some time, I dont like his brother letting that out right now because it honestly feels like he using it to justify his brother not coming back. If your not coming back your not coming back this year we still gonna support you and beyond, his brother didnt have to throw dirt because honestly it doesn't help and its a bad look instead of just saying he not ready . My point is the bulls currently aren't in a position to help him until next year which was a known fact so why come out with this now...if the team does nothing this summer then yea reggie can make all the noise he wants

Asik yes I agree they gambled, but no one saw houston doing what they did, they did the same with Lin and New York making wide offers that no one else would make. Ill say what others including reggie just wont admit, big players arent in love with our team and coming here, and now adays with the direction of the NBA that matters. Also once again lets be real what do we have to trade..

How do you feel about his statements that the F.O knew he would potentially miss the entire season but chose not to disclose that to continue to sell tickets? Was them misleading fans not poor taste on their behalf?

For anyone who takes offense with what Reggie said I ask again: what has this F.O done to make you feel we're capable of winning a chip? What have they done to help Pooh get this team pass Mia?

As far as Asik you don't let that situation get that far, you sign him before free agency. But they were being cheap & gambling on him not having a lot of suitors. Hence we found ourselves between a rock & a hard place.
ummmm what? nobody in the front office has every gave a time table when Rose would come back. who did the bulls front office mislead? bullls sell out with or without drose anyways so saying they may have held injury info for ticket sales is stupid anyways

we saw dengs name throwing around in trade rumors most of the summer and most of yall turned your noise up at each one of them. most of yall wont trade noah even if it got us kevin love back. most of yall *****ed at the front office breaking up the bench but they built that right back up and signed good players this summer

some of you called this year a wash and now asking for the bulls to make a big move. so which one is it?

Reggie is asking for the bulls to help is brother, why didnt he tell his brother to help the front officer 2 years ago and make calls to FA?

Last edited:
I agree with Mike, most of us wanted him to sit this season out and just do the best we could. Cant really get mad at the FO not doing anything this past off-season when we didnt know if Derrick was even going to play. I agree that we need to be aggressive getting players but i cant be mad at last off season.

Reggie shouldnt have come out and voiced it the way he did IMO. It kinda makes me think Derrick is pretty close to return.

It sucks to say, but we're pretty much stuck with the same team next year too. We dont have cap space, nobody wants Booz's contract. We didnt get a big name in 2010. I really dont know who's out there to get in 2014. Honestly i dont feel like Love puts us over the top, we got burned by Asik so we had to overpay for Taj. We are just in a bad spot financially with a cheap owner

exactly everybody seems to get my point. We want rose back but we understand if he doesn't come back this year, reggie timing with saying all this just looks bad and playing the blame game all of a sudden is never a good idea. F0, the team, and even rose need to all take there part in what has took place and move forward. Boozer and Rip will be out the door this summer I expect and Ill hold my views until I see whats done, not in the middle of the season.

ummmm what? nobody in the front office has every gave a time table when Rose would come back. who did the bulls front office mislead? bullls sell out with or without drose anyways so saying they may have held injury info for ticket sales is stupid anyways

we saw dengs name throwing around in trade rumors most of the summer and most of yall turned your noise up at each one of them. most of yall wont trade noah even if it got us kevin love back. most of yall *****ed at the front office breaking up the bench but they built that right back up and signed good players this summer

some of you called this year a wash and not asking for the bulls to make a big move. so which one is it?

Reggie is asking for the bulls to help is brother, why didnt he tell his brother to help the front officer 2 years ago and make calls to FA?

You pretty much nailed it on the head. I'm not sure who Bulls fans or Reggie wanted the Bulls to get this year? They didn't go crazy in the offseason with signings so they wouldn't be hand tied during 2014. You certainly arent going to trade for someone who is going to be a 1 year rental. Omer leaving hurt but not many people were in favor of matching that offer and Thibs has shown he can get by with a mediocre bench.

Back
Top Bottom