Bulls offseason Thread

How do you feel about his statements that the F.O knew he would potentially miss the entire season but chose not to disclose that to continue to sell tickets? Was them misleading fans not poor taste on their behalf?

For anyone who takes offense with what Reggie said I ask again: what has this F.O done to make you feel we're capable of winning a chip? What have they done to help Pooh get this team pass Mia?

As far as Asik you don't let that situation get that far, you sign him before free agency. But they were being cheap

ummmm what? nobody in the front office has every gave a time table when Rose would come back. who did the bulls front office mislead? bullls sell out with or without drose anyways so saying they may have held injury info for ticket sales is stupid anyways

we saw dengs name throwing around in trade rumors most of the summer and most of yall turned your noise up at each one of them. most of yall wont trade noah even if it got us kevin love back. most of yall *****ed at the front office breaking up the bench but they built that right back up and signed good players this summer

some of you called this year a wash and now asking for the bulls to make a big move. so which one is it?

Reggie is asking for the bulls to help is brother, why didnt he tell his brother to help the front officer 2 years ago and make calls to FA?

Let's back up... You quoted me... When have you seen me against trading Luol or Noah? I was against trading them as a package deal for Melo yes, because he didn't want to be here and wasn't going to resign. But I was with trading Luol, Taj, Cha pick & ours for him. Had we not we kept Asik I would've been all for trading them for Kevin

I've been on board with going after Kevin since that article came out. I'm not one of these mindless diehard who believe this roster constructed can beat Mia in a series... hell I don't believe we can beat indy in a series. I've always been the person who has asked for all the talent possible because contrary to the belief with this fan base talent wins, so if you're going to go on your little tirade about fans wishy washy-ness do it without quoting me.

I stand firm on the fact that I believe Pooh should sit out the entire year and that I thought we should tank in order to get a high draft pick because that does what? Bring in more talent, it seems that that's the only way talent is brought in.

Let's look take a brief look at this FO's track record: Kirk's original contract, Luol's contract, Boozer's contract, Kirks contract AGAIN... Yea I believe they have the ability to make it happen.

Built the bench back up? They brought in Nate & Marco (moves that damn near ALL of the fan base even yourself were against) and were forced to play Jimmy more. Nazr? Radmanovic? Jo still has no back up and has to play damn near 40 a game. This bench is like half as good as last years, more fire power based on Nate, but horrid defensively. Let's not fake the funk because this team is overachieving.

How do you feel about his statements that the F.O knew he would potentially miss the entire season but chose not to disclose that to continue to sell tickets? Was them misleading fans not poor taste on their behalf?

For anyone who takes offense with what Reggie said I ask again: what has this F.O done to make you feel we're capable of winning a chip? What have they done to help Pooh get this team pass Mia?

As far as Asik you don't let that situation get that far, you sign him before free agency. But they were being cheap & gambling on him not having a lot of suitors. Hence we found ourselves between a rock & a hard place.
I don't like the moves the FO has done but anybody that knows anything about sports and ACL injuries should know that its a possibility that Rose might not come back. Even if they didn't they probably still buy the tickets not like the Bulls are hurting for sales and hell that was even when they weren't that good so I can't even cosign that part. I agree with the FO not doing much but what can they realistically do I'm open to hearing some realistic suggestions that could make me agree with those they say they should do something. I do agree with Asik but that isn't a championship move though. I really don't know what we could have done outside trying to get Harden.

I didn't realize we had 27 turnovers...and 28 field goals until I looked at the box score. UGLY

We missed a lot of point blank shots as well. It would've been a much closer game.

I feel like as a team we are getting unfocused because we feel rose is coming back soon to save us, but we really shouldn't focus on that and get our heads right again

ummmm what? nobody in the front office has every gave a time table when Rose would come back. who did the bulls front office mislead? bullls sell out with or without drose anyways so saying they may have held injury info for ticket sales is stupid anyways

we saw dengs name throwing around in trade rumors most of the summer and most of yall turned your noise up at each one of them. most of yall wont trade noah even if it got us kevin love back. most of yall *****ed at the front office breaking up the bench but they built that right back up and signed good players this summer

some of you called this year a wash and now asking for the bulls to make a big move. so which one is it?

Reggie is asking for the bulls to help is brother, why didnt he tell his brother to help the front officer 2 years ago and make calls to FA?

Wait, Ant are you really placing some blame on Pooh for the fact that Bron & co didn't come the the crib?

Are you seriously doing that?

I've seen it all. :lol: :smh:

nah... i think

Hes saying if its THAT serious & he isnt coming back because of the lack of talent right now ..... why didnt he speak up & have his brother make some calls to recruit when we had the space & big names were free

Last edited:
BECAUSE IT WASN'T HIS JOB TO DO THAT. What part about that are you all missing? He's not the GM... He's not responsible for bringing talent in. The Organization Has People On PAYROLL For That.

He specifically said that bringing talent in is the job of the front office he was staying in his lane, but if they wanted him to do anything then he would do it. but he wasn't going out on his own doing it because they had a plan on how to go after those players. They told him there were rumors floating that he didn't want LBJ and to reach out and clear that up... What did he do... TEXT HIM and said ""I'm just hitting you up to kill all the rumors that I don't want to play with you. I'd like to play with you. I just want to win." What more was he supposed to do fondle his balls?

Furthermore he had just finished his 2nd year in the league, he was still green, believing in the organization, believing that he could do it all. Y'all quote that and act like he was in his 5th yr in the league, had seen it all done it all, and had just gone through hardship after hardship. Like he sees the situation then through the eyes he does now his fith year out of college after an injury plagued season.

But you know what... Y'all got it.

i guess I'm just a different type of fan.

I'm not putting the blame on him for Bron because Bron knew where he was going. But look across the globe at Chris Paul calling Garnett trying to convince him.
None of us will ever know how much of Reggies words are Derrick's, but this is what's happening in the league. He gotta talk to his bro about that before he calls out the team.

and to slightly backtrack on the Bron comment, does anyone know at what point he decided to team up? Maybe a call from DR woulda done and maybe it would not have.

Could Rose have reached out to JR Swish year before last?

Cake you haven't seen it all, you're a young man...gonna see plenty more God willing.

You nailed it City!

Last edited:
Yeh its Kirk and yeh they played together before but IJS....

Rose put in a call to help Bulls get Hinrich

October, 1, 2012
10/01/12

6:50

PM CT

By Jesse Rogers | ESPNChicago.com
Recommend66
Tweet38
Comments25
Email
Print

DEERFIELD, Ill. -- Derrick Rose's stance on not “recruiting” players came to an end this offseason during the Chicago Bulls' pursuit of Kirk Hinrich.

“Kirk is someone I could see playing alongside a long time,” Rose said at Bulls media day on Monday. “When you’re a hooper and you know someone on the court is going into a battle with you, and he’s not giving up if he knows you are going to keep battling and I’m someone that will keep fighting to the end, and he’s the same as you, so why not have him on the team? Kirk is the first person I recruited.”

[+] Enlarge
AP Photo/Charles CherneyKirk Hinrich records an in-house video during the Bulls' media day on Monday.
That’s high praise coming from one of the game’s best stars. Not only did Rose recruit Hinrich, Hinrich will be asked to fill the former MVP’s role until he recovers from an ACL injury.

“I don’t feel that much pressure,” Hinrich said of playing in Rose’s spot. “This is a good fit for me. The way they play, the things they emphasize.”

Previously Rose had indicated he wasn’t the type to be calling free agents. It didn’t happen with LeBron James, Chris Bosh or Dwyane Wade when those NBA stars were available. That changed with Hinrich.

and although he is not the GM, it's clear this organization has always been a loser when it comes to free agents. So why not make some calls? You think LeBron and other stars giddy about GAR FOREMAN calling them?? HELL NAWWW

and I don't know all the types of fans, but I know that I have stood by this team for as long as I have known basketball. before and after the dynasty and before Rose.

I believe the Bulls, IF HEALTHY, can win as constructed this year.

Last edited:
You're out of your mind if you honestly believe that. We're worst than we were when we met them in the ECF and they're better than they were. So how can you honestly justify that belief outside of just being a homer? Besides you're just saying what exactly?

You want him to go out and recruit players when the Brass hadn't previously asked him to do that. At what point are they actually held accountable for their ineptitude? For their inability to lure players? When Harden didn't sign that extension Gar/Pax should've IMMEDIATELY BEEN ON THE PHONE TRYING... JUST ******G TRY. Instead they gave Kirk 4 million a year, he couldn't have gotten that figure ANYWHERE ELSE IN THIS LEAGUE. But it's Pooh's job to court the talent and bring it in, not the people who get paid to do it. if they prefer hearing from Pooh more than Gar than maybe... JUST MAYBE... the organization needs to change who has those capabilities. Maybe bring in someone who can actually get the job their paid to do done on some level.

I mean its not like this became accepted practice until it became public knowledge that Wade had been doing it all along. But now all of a sudden had Pooh made a couple of phone calls here and there who knows where this team could be. I remember y'all calling Wade all types of names for doing that ****, but now its cool and Pooh is wrong for the fact that he didn't do it off rip. Y'all can miss me with that ****. I said this was going to happen. I said that sooner or later the city was going to turn on him and start looking at him sideways or some type of way regardless of everything he gives in between those 4 lines. It happned a little sooner than I expected but sure as **** its here. This is exactly why the team is ran the way it is. I don't blame him if he leaves. Real rap.

Like I said y'all got it.

Last edited:
Regarding rose recruiting: Bron and Wade already had it decided they were playing together... DRose should def sit this year out. The way the bulls are built, they wont make it past second round.

BECAUSE IT WASN'T HIS JOB TO DO THAT. What part about that are you all missing? He's not the GM... He's not responsible for bringing talent in. The Organization Has People On PAYROLL For That.

He specifically said that bringing talent in is the job of the front office he was staying in his lane, but if they wanted him to do anything then he would do it. but he wasn't going out on his own doing it because they had a plan on how to go after those players. They told him there were rumors floating that he didn't want LBJ and to reach out and clear that up... What did he do... TEXT HIM and said ""I'm just hitting you up to kill all the rumors that I don't want to play with you. I'd like to play with you. I just want to win." What more was he supposed to do fondle his balls?

Furthermore he had just finished his 2nd year in the league, he was still green, believing in the organization, believing that he could do it all. Y'all quote that and act like he was in his 5th yr in the league, had seen it all done it all, and had just gone through hardship after hardship. Like he sees the situation then through the eyes he does now his fith year out of college after an injury plagued season.

But you know what... Y'all got it.

i guess I'm just a different type of fan.
this is really what you come up with? your good peoples on this board and always will be, but anything drose your extra senstive and blind about cause he is city blood.

i believe reggie said them comments because he knows his brother would never say it and his brother ant built like that to mouth off at the Bulls. if you asked Rose i bet he would tell you this current team can win a title and he could put the team,city and state on his own back and carry it, thats how Rose is built. Nothing wrong with that. Rose is like KG he will be Loyaly to anyone and everything close to him.

Rose wont reach out and ask for help and Reggie knows that, thats why i said why didnt reggie tell his brother to pick up the phone and make phone calls to FA. you can say well thats not his job but when you look around the NBA and see stars making phone calls to other stars to join up or even calling vet FA to come help there team out. then you see well Rose better start speaking up and make phone calls like everyone else.

It has nothing to do with me being blind or sensitive in terms of Pooh. It's about me realistic.

He was 20 years old... 2 years into his NBA career/the league. And you have people saying that he was supposed to pick up his phone and call these 7 year veterans who have been in all star games together, done charity events together, played inthe olympics TWICE together and convince them to come to the Bulls like he just has that type of clout at that time.

What relationships do y'all really expect for him to have built with those players at that time? What relationship do you expect him to have with a player like JR Smith? When/What circles would they have run into each other in? Year 3 he thought he had what he needed... turned out he was wrong... Year 4 lock out & injury plagued... Then he got hurt and the reality has been thrust into the face of everyone who previously had ignored it. We Lack Talent.

Now as for him calling players now? I'm for that. I'm all for him calling Kevin Love and talking about how much he would love to play with him... and by Kevin's account that has already happened. They've talked about teaming up several times considering they work out together during the summer.

But that still doesn't excuse the brass' inability. I'm sorry it doesn't.

You're out of your mind if you honestly believe that. We're worst than we were when we met them in the ECF and they're better than they were. So how can you honestly justify that belief outside of just being a homer? Besides you're just saying what exactly?

You want him to go out and recruit players when the Brass hadn't previously asked him to do that. At what point are they actually held accountable for their ineptitude? For their inability to lure players? When Harden didn't sign that extension Gar/Pax should've IMMEDIATELY BEEN ON THE PHONE TRYING... JUST ******G TRY. Instead they gave Kirk 4 million a year, he couldn't have gotten that figure ANYWHERE ELSE IN THIS LEAGUE. But it's Pooh's job to court the talent and bring it in, not the people who get paid to do it. if they prefer hearing from Pooh more than Gar than maybe... JUST MAYBE... the organization needs to change who has those capabilities. Maybe bring in someone who can actually get the job their paid to do done on some level.

I mean its not like this became accepted practice until it became public knowledge that Wade had been doing it all along. But now all of a sudden had Pooh made a couple of phone calls here and there who knows where this team could be. I remember y'all calling Wade all types of names for doing that ****, but now its cool and Pooh is wrong for the fact that he didn't do it off rip. Y'all can miss me with that ****. I said this was going to happen. I said that sooner or later the city was going to turn on him and start looking at him sideways or some type of way regardless of everything he gives in between those 4 lines. It happned a little sooner than I expected but sure as **** its here. This is exactly why the team is ran the way it is. I don't blame him if he leaves. Real rap.

Like I said y'all got it.

Yeh I have heard that a few times. but my opinion is just as good as yours or anyone else.

The Bulls are more offensively capable than they were with that team. Marco better than Korver all around. Nate better than Watson and Lucas. butler is a younger brewer without the broken arm J. We still got Taj. when healthy hinrich is a good backup PG. Bulls real downgrade from that team is at backup center and frontcourt depth. Bulls coach has more seasoning than he did first year. and noah and booz got that chemistry they didn't have that year. and booz isn't fighting turf toe.

Heat are same team. small inside with no real big man. they added ray ray and birdman. Lewis doesn't even play. They're not better BRON BRON is though.

Do you KNOW that Pax didn't make a call, send a text or email re Harden? What would the Bulls have to give up to get that?I don't know why this team can't land the big name FAs Cake. I don't think anyone does. They certainly don't. Maybe the fear of Mikes shadow is real afterall. I agree that this team needs someone that can make it happen in free agency, trades and the draft. Does anyone on this board REALLY KNOW what calls Pax is or isn't making.:smh:

None of us know how long this has been going on. Just all the social media and the lack of locker room secrecy has changed the game. IS IT THAT MUCH TO ASK FOR THE FRANCHISE TO REACH OUT TO PEOPLE THOUGH? Like a phone call is that serious? SO no one ever does anything outside of their scope of work in any field?

What did I say about Wade? If I can remember, everyone was pissed at Wade for talking down about Bulls and then wasting their time with interviews knowing he wasn't coming here. I remember you being the bandleader on the PLUCK WADE Group. You'll have to pull some quotes because I don't remember anyone being pissed for recruiting the better player in Bron.

And what exactly are WE to miss YOU with? If I hadn't met you, I'd think your last name was Rose. I haven't read or heard anyone "turning" on Rose, especially not on this thread. SO what are you talking bout man?

So what do we got besides a team waiting on its leader?

Last edited:
So with all that said, what FAs should we be lookin at this offseason??

Al Jefferson or Millsap come to mind as a replacement for Boozer but I'm not sure if we can pull that off from a financial standpoint.

We still need a SG who can create his own shot and another 3 point shooter.

Noah needs a decent backup :smh:

My Bulls are starting to remind me of my Cowboys :x

That shadow of MJ is real... that's what scares the big names. They know the moment they arrive, the 'ship is expected.

That shadow of MJ is real YAG... that's what scares the big names. They know the moment they arrive, the 'ship is expected.

edited

A competitor shouldn't be worried about the past IMO. If you pick up a basketball in the league, the MJ comparison will come at some point. I wish some athlete would come out and admit that.

reveal yourself NOW!

no idea why its upside down

Last edited:
The possible amnestying Boozer should be a heavily discussed topic this offseason. I mentioned it last year as well because it gives the team some flexibility. It has none right now due to this albatross. Deng becomes a 14.3 expiring contract next season. If the Bulls amnesty Boozer, next year's trade deadline could be far more eventful. Then the team could trade Deng's expiring + Taj and whoever else for Love and whatever Minnesota wants to unload.

Elite stretch 4 or swingman should be the priority. 2 stars with a limited roster just won't cut it.

Back
Top Bottom