Bulls offseason Thread

You need defensive players to hide a weak defensive player. But if you want to trade 4 players and Taj and/or Jimmy are included..

Yes, I agree with this but only to a certain extent. I think you're over emphasizing individual defense over team defense.

Thibs did wonders for Pierce and Ray Allen when Boston won theirs didn't he?. Thibs is more than capable of concocting a scheme to compensate for the hypothetical losses of Taj and Jimmy.

Dallas won with a defensive turnstile in Dirk and having Chandler as their only elite defender. Marion may be considered one too, but in the absence of multiple great individual defenders they executed a great defensive gameplan to beat Miami. You're not confident Thibs can do the same?

Yes, I agree with this but only to a certain extent. I think you're over emphasizing individual defense over team defense.

Thibs did wonders for Pierce and Ray Allen when Boston won theirs didn't he?. Thibs is more than capable of concocting a scheme to compensate for the hypothetical losses of Taj and Jimmy.

Dallas won with a defensive turnstile in Dirk and having Chandler as their only elite defender. Marion may be considered one too, but in the absence of multiple great individual defenders they executed a great defensive gameplan to beat Miami. You're not confident Thibs can do the same?

YES. Thank you.

I remember watching Ray locking down Kobe in Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals and I know damn well he never played defense like that before coming to Boston.

Love is young and still can grow as a player...I'm sure if he were to come to this team Thibs would have no problem shaping up his defense like he did with others.

Taj is a great player no doubt, and McDermott/Mirotic are guys I'm high on, but I doubt any of them will ever have the same impact KLove has on any team.

Last edited:
If you had to include Jimmy that makes it tougher, I agree with that point.

But to your point bonez7 bonez7 ... You guys are an injury away from being a 1st round exit with or without Love. If Rose gets injured (I pray he doesn't) Then what? Same as last year. If Noah gets injured, then what?

Taj isn't worth Kevin Love. The reason the Bulls couldn't get passed LeBron was never about defense. Defense got them to where they were every year, but the reason it ended there was a lack of offense.

Last edited:
I'm saying if we're deep and an injury were to happen I feel safer having options...

While if Taj McDermott n mirotic are gone and noah gets injured come playoff Time, which happens cause of too many minutes cuz were never deep enough to begin with which we are now. then were left with Love and Pau with baristow on the bench
That is defensively terrible to begin with even with the dpoy not injured..

I just want to give this a run with a complete healthy team of depth while derrick is up n running and see where it gets us..plus well be able to actually rest our players correctly with this roster..

That's not even factoring in jimmy in the trade which is just too much..I'm with yall on let the chips fall where the they fall but if we were gonna do this **** we mine as well made the run at Melo...what happened to not gutting the team for one guy?

Now yall wanna gut the team and lower our capabilities of restricting our players minutes? Noah will be run into the ground come April..forget it

Not to mention having to pay this guy, then Rose's contra jump kicks in and adding a complete bench..it just don't work guys, we had a good offseason let's not **** it up for one player

Last edited:
Yeah, instead you use little phrases like "mirotic could be as good as Kevin love". But if he doesnt, at least you can fall back on "I didn't say he would, I just said he could"

Talking a lot but not really saying anything.

Beasley a free agent...

We should make that happen what we at 12 on the roster right now? 13 is limit right?

That's some offense right there if he can actually play enough to get going

Last edited:
Beasley a free agent...

We should make that happen what we at 12 on the roster right now? 13 is limit right?

That's some offense right there if he can actually play enough to get going
Was talking to my brother in law about this yesterday. Not sure many in here would like the move though. When I did bring up the idea a few months ago, a few dudes were up in arms about it. :rolleyes

Last edited:
Drafting my initial thoughts for an Eastern Conference preview for 2014-2015. Chicago is my top dog as of now.

Was talking to my brother in law about this yesterday. Not sure many in here would like the move though. When I did bring up the idea a few months ago, a few dudes were up in arms about it. :rolleyes

Vet minimum? Why not..he can still score even if he's still a knucklehead.

These Mirotic/Bargnani and McDermott/Korver comparisons are flat out lazy and baseless.

Last edited:
Only thing about the Beasley move is we all know Thibbs like discipline players with the exception of Nate Rob but Nate Rob had the heart sorry Beasley hasn't shown heart or any discipline we would just rot on the bench imo

beasley wouldnt **** up here & Jo would have a smokin buddy...prbly straighten him out & then we would have the 1st & 2nd overall pics :lol:

Just saw that CC! I would love to have seen him wait until he was hoisting the Bill Russel trophy over his head but OK anyway. At least he is confident and that's all that matters.

Just saw that CC! I would love to have seen him wait until he was hoisting the Bill Russel trophy over his head but OK anyway. At least he is confident and that's all that matters.

agreed all around..... gotta lock up these tickets(usa & bulls) august is around the damn corner

cut/speed/boost/finish

#babyfacedassassinmightbeback

the internet & nt are like the same things some days :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom