Bulls offseason Thread

^You included
You don't see me talking like I know for a fact things will happen. I personally think that their is a possibility that Mirotic could turn into something special. I ain't making any guarantees that he will though like I know for a fact that he will be one thing.

Yeah, instead you use little phrases like "mirotic could be as good as Kevin love". But if he doesnt, at least you can fall back on "I didn't say he would, I just said he could"

Talking a lot but not really saying anything.

I know I'm flip flopping here, but if you can make a deal moving taj, miro, and doug, you should do it. Taj is a very good player, Doug and miro can obviously score but are unproven.

The hardest thing to acquire on the nba is young elite talent. Believe it or not, miro Doug and taj are ultimately replaceable

Whole lotta non-chicago personnel here today......I like it!!
I enjoy the open dialogue, and friendly discussion.

With that said I'm disappointed in my Bulls fam :smh:

Not one of y'all Mogs wants an F&F coupon?!?!?
I'm hurt! Me and my coupons are taking our talents elsewhere
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
We have to realize our offer isn't better than Cleveland's. Everybody so caught up in the "it's only Taj, Mirotic, and Doug" when that's not the case at all. In order for us to top the Cavs we would have to add Jimmy plus a pick, that's what im not comfortable with. 4 guys plus a pick or two for Love? I feel like we're getting fleeced. I'm a fan of Love's game, yes you have to pay to play, but in the words of my homie Cheap Pete "Good Lord that's alot of money!"

I'm aware, we need a number 2 and offense but not at the expense of gutting our roster. A lineup of Jo/Love/MDJ/Snell/Rose isn't going too far, especially with no bench besides Pau. Who's playing D besides Jo? If we we're able to make this move during the draft or day 1 of free agency I would be all for it. However, at this point all the decent players have been snatched up by now so we would be left scrambling for scraps to fill out the remainder of our roster.

If we have to make a move, I rather trade Mirotic + MDJ and a pick for a wing player who can come in and start at the 3. Someone who can create and shoot as well. Maybe we can squeeze a serviceable backup center for Jo outta the deal too. I just don't feel like we need to jump off the deep end at the moment after having a great off season so far.

Just my opinion after looking at both sides of the coin. As most have said, it is what it is, either way I'll be flying out to Chicago this season hoping to link up with my fellow NTChi fam :nthat:

that's not the case at all. In order for us to top the Cavs we would have to add Jimmy plus a pick, that's what im not comfortable with. 4 guys plus a pick or two for Love? I feel like we're getting fleeced. I'm a fan of Love's game, yes you have to pay to play, but in the words of my homie Cheap Pete "Good Lord that's alot of money!"

now see i thought i was corrected & it was just those 3 but i knew i read plus considerations

Last edited:
If it was just those 3 for Love, I could get over it but Minny is so high on Wiggins they're trying to fleece everyone else. I completely understand why GSW doesn't want to part with Lee, Barnes, AND Klay.

Last edited:
The considerations could be picks... You don't know that means Jimmy... The only players we know for sure are Taj, Doug, and Niko and even that has is enough to have this fan base panties up in a bunch like we're trading away Scottie in his prime :lol:

The considerations could be picks... You don't know that means Jimmy... The only players we know for sure are Taj, Doug, and Niko and even that has is enough to have this fan base panties up in a bunch like we're trading away Scottie in his prime :lol:

as greedy as minny is being i wouldnt doubt if they asked for Rose bro

Role players are great...role players can be crucial to winning a 'chip if the team has enough star power. I was emotionally attached to some role players in the past too, but this is what I sent to my buddy who is anti-trading any Bulls players (except for Rose for some indefensible reason) for anyone...

Concerned that we have a logjam of starting quality bigs that may demand all of the minutes?? Worried about Pau's attitude coming off the bench, etc?

Is Love not a "winner"??

Win Shares

1. Kevin Durant-OKC 19.2
2. LeBron James-MIA 15.9
3. Kevin Love-MIN 14.3
4. Stephen Curry-GSW 13.4
5. James Harden-HOU 12.8

Win Shares Per 48 Minutes

1. Kevin Durant-OKC .295
2. Chris Paul-LAC .270
3. LeBron James-MIA .264
4. Kevin Love-MIN .245
5. Stephen Curry-GSW .225

Every one close to the situation has pretty much said the only way we top the Cavs offer is if we add Jimmy. Even ESPN showed highlights of Jimmy while discussing the Love scenario last night. Add in the fact our picks dont hold much weight, I can easily see why Jimmy would have to be thrown in the deal.

& if it does Cake :nerd:...you fence jumping then or still standing pat?

Last edited:
^If it includes Jimmy...I'd still do it. I'm assuming we'd get back Kevin Martin. Yes, he's terrible defensively but at least he can score.

^If it includes Jimmy...I'd still do it. I'm assuming we'd get back Kevin Martin. Yes, he's terrible defensively but at least he can score.

bump that for the moment, did you really have me open up the thread on my phone for a whitney houston yt vid :rofl:

yeah that could adie in losing doug & prbly mjd too but then we have snell starting when regardless of what we saw in SL ,tony aint ready for that

Last edited:
Yeah let's gut gut the depth we just built so we can be a couple injurys away from another first round exit..:smh:

I don't mind the trade that much but I don't like the idea...what if jo is injured come playoff time?
Pau and Love? Forget it we'd be trading offense for defense..
Then Butler in there as well possibly?

I'd be heated..if we were gonna gut our roster we should have done it for Melo not Kevin freaking Love

He's only 25 that's all that I'm sold on
No emotional attachment here for any player at all I want to win and my opinion is based on whats getting us to the finals and imo it's not Kevin Love

Last edited:
that top 5 win shares man..

Outside of LeBron and KD, we got..

Curry, Love and Harden?

3 guys who can't guard a flag. I guess they don't take into account defense.

They do, it's called defensive win shares. They're combined to make the overall win-share metric.

Sure, those guys one-on one can't guard a flag but there's 4 other guys and a defensive mastermind at the helm to mask that.

like Banks always says we cant control it, so like i said earlier let the chips fall as they please, ill still be a bulls fan & ill still be in the uc losing my voice during games

You need defensive players to hide a weak defensive player. But if you want to trade 4 players and Taj and/or Jimmy are included..

Back
Top Bottom