Business Management Graduates (Management Degree) Post your starting salaries and what you do

valuable info in this thread. (i'm an economics major that just graduated last month and currently looking for a job)

My old assistant manager's son got a job out of college working for Booz Allen. Dude makes 58k, has security clearance, and they're paying for his MBA.I might just end up hitting him up and asking for an internship just to get something in before I graduate. I mean I have experience but it's 4 yearsworking at a bank (teller then Financial Service Rep) but I don't want to work in Finance.

Originally Posted by jumpmankb

Originally Posted by Gmills23

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Graduating in May, will be working for the federal government as a budget analyst. I'll be a GS 7 which is like 45-52k a year.

How'd you get that?
I applied.
GS-7 is actually $41,210 (Step 1) - $53,574 (Step 10). You will probably be starting around Step 3 (if they are generous) which is $43,958.

I'm a sophomore in college and I'm a GS-3 Step 2, which is $27,370, in my internship right now. My position title is Management Analyst.

I think I'm going to go to graduate school so I can jump from GS-7 to GS-9. The gov pays my college loans off as long as I put in 3 years, and I still get paid. Plus government jobs are WAYYY more secure than anything else in today's economy. Gov employees FTW!

The salaries vary state-to-state
Im going to be between a step 4-8 due to my gpa, honor societies, and prior experience @ at GS 5

For yall really looking for a job, DHS & the DEA have a lot of positions open.
If you are comfortable moving to the DC area.

Graduating in May w/ my BBA (major in Management, minor in Marketing), and I'm looking to start applying to jobs, like now.

I don't want to go to business school to pursue my MBA until I have at least 2 years of work experience and 80% of my student loans paid off...

...plus, if I don't plan on working FOR someone else my whole life, and want to start my own business, the MBA will be valuable, but not necessary.

Im in the same boat with a bunch of my fellow NTers in this thread..graduate in May, BS in Business Administration, my plan is to hopefully work for 10 yearsand stack up to own a few franchises one day. I want to go to grad school some day too. I have had one internship with a dealership in my area with theirmarketing dpt, thought it was alot of fun. They liked my work so much they invited me back for my last semester to expand on what i did before, and potentiallyoffer me a job at the end so im rocking with that idea now....I wouldnt mind an entry level gov't job though, those seem pretty secure.. How would i goabout applying?

People in Business/Finance, related fields need to keep this thread on pg. 1!

For yall really looking for a job, DHS & the DEA have a lot of positions open.
If you are comfortable moving to the DC area.

I'm already in the DC area. DHS is Department of Homeland Security but what's DEA? And how would I find these positions?

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Did any of you guys even apply to management strategy consulting firms (NO IT )?

Booz?
Deloitte?
Bain?
Boston Consulting Group?
McKinsey?

I mean if you want to make above 60K, consulting is the way to go.
Bain, Deloitte, and McKinsey recruit pretty hard at my school. If I was a business undergrad, consulting with be my top choice.

I heard McKinsey interviews are brutal though
laugh.gif
What school?

Back
Top Bottom