Buying a 2010 Mustang... (Update Pg4)

Originally Posted by xxxoverridexxx

Ok so im now just leaning towards the GT but i need some help haggling a little.

After everything the car should come out to $34,385 MSRP.

How much do you think I can get this down to?
A few rules to live by when haggling. I know since I'm a salesman.

Walk out AT LEAST 3 times before you even settle on a price. Show them with your feet, not with your words that you mean business.
Don't be a jerk, treat the salesman nice, but don't be a pushover.
You have the buying power in this economy.
Walk out of the door AT LEAST 3 times... I'm serious.

Learn to be a tease... when the salesman smells blood (buying intent) he'll work harder for the sale, and give you more incentives to buy.

Use lines like...

"That's more than I'm willing/expecting to pay."
"Can you see what else you can do for me?"

You should already know what the invoice price is. You're goal (roughly) is to get the car BELOW invoice pricing. I'm not sure how it works with brandnew Fords, being that US automakers are in deep doo doo, but you should be able to wheel beyond invoice pricing, even if they give you some !$+$ and bull storyof "this car will sell because it's new".

You have to learn to be patient. It might take a few days before you get the price you want, that's okay, unless you're really strapped for time inwhich case you would never let them know.

wait for 2011. Ford is getting rid of the 4.6L for a bigger engine (5.0 modular from what ive been hearing). Plus the first year usually always gets the littleglitches.

Def get a V8 if your getting a Mustang.

I have an '04 V6... but i copped for 10 G's at 21k miles.... now at 43k.

Unless you gettin a great deal like me... def. get the bigger engine.

spending 35k on a mustang is ridiculous. resale value drops so much each year. not worth it.

Originally Posted by presequel

spending 35k on a mustang is ridiculous. resale value drops so much each year. not worth it.
word. my friend just copped an 07 with 10k miles for 15g's. not bad.

Back
Top Bottom