By a 14 to 2 margin, teacher lets kindergarten class vote out student.

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2008/may/24/30gtteacher-lets-students-vote-out-classmate-5/

smh.gif

muahahahaaha. That's funny.

Special education students belong to be with special education teachers. I know I sound like a douche, but the school I work at we've kicked out 5 kidsalready because they were diagnosed with some sort disability. They're a distraction to the class, we don't get paid extra $$$ like other specialeducation staff, and that's where they really need to belong.

The actions taken to vote someone out of class is funny, but yeah, it's wrong.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by welcometothetonezone

Special education students belong to be with special education teachers. I know I sound like a douche, but the school I work at we've kicked out 5 kids already because they were diagnosed with some sort disability. They're a distraction to the class, we don't get paid extra $$$ like other special education staff, and that's where they really need to belong.

laugh.gif
Really tho, Hows this funny?

And you work at a school?

grin.gif

Hes in Kindergarten. Hes not in 3rd ,5th or even 9th grade.

Kids never going to want to go back to school again.

Making it even harder for him to learn and grow up like everyone else.

I didn't read the article, but no child ate any age should be put in that situation. The feeling of not being wanted, especially to a child at that youngage, could cause serious damage to that child's psyche.

Originally Posted by welcometothetonezone

Special education students belong to be with special education teachers. I know I sound like a douche, but the school I work at we've kicked out 5 kids already because they were diagnosed with some sort disability. They're a distraction to the class, we don't get paid extra $$$ like other special education staff, and that's where they really need to belong.

laugh.gif

How is it funny? How do you think a five year old feels after being voted out of class by his peers?

And you're hardly "kicking" kids out of class. You're placing them in a different class that is more suited for their needs.

legally i dont know if theres anything wrong with this, i could see the teacher getting fired by the administration but thats about it, the kid could still goto school there especially with another class or the same class if the teacher were fired

as for the parents, i dont know if theres anything illegal about what happened as long as he wasnt banned from the school

Wow, another horrible story coming out of the state of Florida, knock me over with a feather
laugh.gif
Everytime something like this comes out of FL I always thinkof that "Germany or Florida?" game that Adam and Drew used to do on Loveline.

That's really messed up.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

unless he was really a jerk or something and the teacher couldn't discipline him properly or something (i didn't read the article)

How are so many kids diagnosed with Aspergers/autism these days? This seems to be a recent development. Where all these kids running around years ago, notknowing anything was wrong just that they were a different? Or has the disease changed with the symptoms?

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

legally i dont know if theres anything wrong with this, i could see the teacher getting fired by the administration but thats about it, the kid could still go to school there especially with another class or the same class if the teacher were fired

as for the parents, i dont know if theres anything illegal about what happened as long as he wasnt banned from the school

how bout its violation of the americans with disabilities act?

even if this doesnt warrant criminal charges, it should at least be enough for a law suit.

smh.gif
as if children don't have enough trouble fitting in. he is going to be emotionally traumatized for a while
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom