C Students are the winners in life

lol.

just wen u thought ur 4.0 got ur job. ur boss is proally 4.5 m a valediktorian

Most people don't believe/think that. But there are some very promising careers and programs where even a B doesn't usually cut it.

And unfortunately, if you are in a program that allows you to succeed with Cs, then it probably isn't worth it anyway.

The fact that programs are denying a C-B student and not allowing them to
word. This only works for sociology degree or art degree students that can BS their way through papers and exams. No possible way to coast through an anatomy&physiology course or biochem or organic chemistry or any of the sciences. Plus going for a program where 1000+ students apply and they only accept 100 students..........you BEST believe 900 3.9gpa and below students are getting the boot.

This is a big problem in University for me. They are legit outcasting people from certain careers and possibly stopping people from achieving greatness because they couldn't remember a few questions on a test. Or Writing a paper might not have been their strong suit. It's ridiculous the amount of people i've met who have been A students and can't figure the simplest or most effective ways to do something in the real world.

It's almost like being ridiculed for having an alternative way of thinking. It's a robotic form of thinking and i believe programs that do things like that are more of a detriment then a help.

C's get degrees
You right on this

But

You keep it going man, you keep those books rolling,
You pick up those books your going to read
And not remember and you roll man.
You get that a sociate degree, okay,
Then you get your bachelors, then you get your masters
Then you get your master's masters,
Then you get your doctron,
You go man, then when everybody says quit
You show them those degree man, when
Everybody says hey, your not working,
Your not making in money,
You say look at my degrees and you look at my life,
Yeah i'm 52, so what, hate all you want,
But i'm smart, i'm so smart, and i'm in school,
And these guys are out here making
Money all these ways, and i'm spended mine to be smart.
You know why?
Because when i die, buddy, you know
What going to keep me warm, that right, those degrees

Yes and no.

A lot of times if you show effort and make vast improvements they usually will accept you through an appeal process. Usually you have to provide a statement and maybe a letter of recommendation but you can get in below requirements sometime. Just have to work hard. I have learned that most teachers, advisors, and program boards want you to succeed regardless of your background. You just have to prove yourself.

But as for the actual grades, they actually do say something about you. How committed and disciplined you are etc. because when you get into these programs you are going to need it and then some.

But yeah, when you are applying for jobs employers aren't super focused on GPA they more just want to know if you are a person they can work with. And it is also your chance to talk about working and gaining experience while in school and that always impresses them (the fact that you can juggle at that level). But you have to get that degree first. Sometimes it just is what it is.

What bothers me is that people who haven't been through the process always have the most to say about it. And they all say the same things. It is like......why are you just repeating what people say? To me it seems obvious that people are trying to justify what they did or didn't do in college or why they didn't go at all and then they just band together or something :lol:. I am not trying to throw shade at all but the excuses people make for not going or getting in that particular program are the same situations that fuel the majority that are excelling in them. I just don't get it man.

Last edited:
You right on this

But

You keep it going man, you keep those books rolling,
You pick up those books your going to read
And not remember and you roll man.
You get that a sociate degree, okay,
Then you get your bachelors, then you get your masters
Then you get your master's masters,
Then you get your doctron,
You go man, then when everybody says quit
You show them those degree man, when
Everybody says hey, your not working,
Your not making in money,
You say look at my degrees and you look at my life,
Yeah i'm 52, so what, hate all you want,
But i'm smart, i'm so smart, and i'm in school,
And these guys are out here making
Money all these ways, and i'm spended mine to be smart.
You know why?
Because when i die, buddy, you know
What going to keep me warm, that right, those degrees
Boom!

A degree is worthless without a a strong social and hustle game.

If you don't know how to market yourself and actually get people to put you on a payroll or bring in income yourself then you're just not fit to survive in America.

I guess those degrees will make for some good fuel for that barrel of fire you'll be sitting around outside homeless at age 50 because you still owe $100k+ in student loan debt and you never got a head start in a real career with a retirement.

Last edited:
well congrats to OP for creating a sensationalist thread title that really grabs people's attention.

Grades are just a way for companies and schools to sort out a lot of people. It's not really about the tests or papers you write, but it's about your ability to put out results that are on par with the professors you've studied under.

Certain companies will not talk to you at all if you don't have a 3.0 GPA. They don't even want your resume, they don't want to waste anyone's time. Doesn't mean you're a loser, it just means you don't meet the minimum qualifications that their company wants.

Ultimately success is a meaning that only you can define for yourself.

Born too late to explore the earth.
Born too soon to explore the galaxy.
Born just in time to browse dank memes.

Boom!

A degree is worthless without a a strong social and hustle game.
If you don't know how to market yourself and actually get people to put you on a payroll or bring in income yourself then you're just not fit to survive in America.
I guess those degrees will make for some good fuel for that barrel of fire you'll be sitting around outside homeless at age 50 because you still owe $100k+ in student loan debt and you never got a head start in a real career with a retirement.

What a worthless statement. In the same breath you could say even if you have a strong social and hustle game but is known as the village idiot, have nothing to show for yourself, and nobody takes you seriously you'll still fail at life.

Obviously it's understood that a balance needs to be made but the lovable idiot role is not the ideal route

^Depends. In the accounting program I was in they would not let you graduate with less than a 3.0 and it was a top 20 school when it came to accounting. Top 100 in most other business related degrees.

Im positive other schools are like that. Besides the school of business, art, and nursing, my school was trash. CompSci in my school was probably in the bottom 10 schools in the nation.

I had like 6 teachers and some counselors working black magic to get me over a 2.0 to graduate . splitting grades by halves etc . Reason why was because I think I finished in the top 3-6 percentile in almost every standardized test I ever took in HS . None of those counselors wanted to have to explain that :lol:

I had like 6 teachers and some counselors working black magic to get me over a 2.0 to graduate . splitting grades by halves etc . Reason why was because I think I finished in the top 3-6 percentile in almost every standardized test I ever took in HS . None of those counselors wanted to have to explain that :lol:

:lol: same boat. Had uncredited courses magically count. Student service hours I've never done appear. Outstanding finical obligations from lost books just get waived :lol:

Don't ask, don't tell

What a worthless statement. In the same breath you could say even if you have a strong social and hustle game but is known as the village idiot, have nothing to show for yourself, and nobody takes you seriously you'll still fail at life.

Obviously it's understood that a balance needs to be made but the lovable idiot role is not the ideal route
You're in your feelings now.....

Please go back and read who I quoted and see what type of people he was talking about.

My point was exactly that...balance.

Please don't try that lovable idiot role crap with me because that is not what I said.

Also nice to know that anything you don't exactly agree with is worthless, like we give a damn

Last edited:
The only thing this article really tells us is that you don't need good grades to succeed in life. Most people already knew that.

It doesn't hurt to do well and attain good grades. Especially since you're paying for it. 

Last edited:
No, not everything I disagree with is worthless, what YOU said is worthless. You brought up a half baked statment that looks at one extreme side of the coin and completely left off the other side. You didn't speak of any balance just one extreme. Your statment pretty much embodies the worthless article in the op

But go ahead, keep doing this..

View media item 1525792

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom