Do you support a $15 minimum wage?

• Yes, I think everyone should earn at least $15 / hr

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't agree with it at all.

• Eh, I guess.

• Total voters

Fantastic! You'll finally get to see what a hundred dollar bill looks like!
:lol:

damn

scsc.gif

[emoji]127805[/emoji]

Kills me people want to focus on raising min wage for jobs adults shouldnt even be working instead of focusing on the creation of jobs that pay livable rages. All this will do is cause inflation like every other time min wage goes up and push for automation to come into play faster than it eventually was.
FACTS. I understand if hard times catch you or you just got out, but some people legitimately wasted their lives away and want to make as much as someone who put in the work. Should've known that when you were dicking around.

FACTS. I understand if hard times catch you or you just got out, but some people legitimately wasted their lives away and want to make as much as someone who put in the work. Should've known that when you were dicking around.

In the past there were industries to protect those type of people where "ok I cant do this, but at least there is this factory/plant job I can go to to and then start a family and live a middle class life". Those days are over. People love Capitalism until they are on the short end of the stick. The system is doing what it was designed to do, Capitalism has nothing to do with Social responsibility. If you run your own company and want to cut your bonus you established for yourself to help others, cool, but you cant knock someone that is CEO of their company for not wanting to do the same. When you apply for a job you know what you are signing up for. I`m not here to give CEOs and such a pass, but dudes gotta realize THIS IS THE SYSTEM PEOPLE WANTED, so dont cry when it is working as designed.

Like I said I`m more worried about jobs being outsourced then us begging for Min wage increase, which will lead to inflation on top of people who made more than 15 now having their salaries and skills devalued. It will then be like why go to college take out student loans to get a job making 17-20 bucks when you can just do a min wage job that pays 15 bucks and in those same 4 yrs get to 17-20 without the debt, but then dun dun dun Automation gets you out the paint and you have no skills worth anything and end up like the people in those factory towns that got screwed when jobs went overseas.

Just a question for the opposition to raising min wage.

What would you prepose the answer to rising living cost in the U.S.?
Should we just continue with the same wage requirements and just deal with the almost certain rise of prices that are coming?
I just want to know what do you think the answer would be to alleviate this low earning vs, high cost of living?

Should we just continue with the same wage requirements and just deal with the almost certain rise of prices that are coming?
I just want to know what do you think the answer would be to alleviate this low earning vs, high cost of living?

There will always be poor people, the issue is managing/ minimizing it.

America needs Jobs, you literally have kids going to school for jobs that simply dont exist. Everyone cant become a Doctor. America has outsourced much of the work that was the bulk of what put middle class people to work.

Capitalism doesnt care about Social Responsibility.

Coroprate Lower taxes so companies dont keep packing up and moving out that way more fine jobs can be available.

Service jobs cant support a family.. Hell minimum wages aren't supposed to rear a family.

Coroprate Lower taxes so companies dont keep packing up and moving out that way more fine jobs can be available.

Service jobs cant support a family.. Hell minimum wages aren't supposed to rear a family.
minimum wage used to be a living wage...

the idea that a fulltime job wont give you shelter and food to survive is a new concept.

Nor are they supposed to provide a good living. That's hard to read, but they're not.

America has become so privileged and expectant of a good life that they think any job they get should be able to provide them with jordans, a nice car, a good apartment or house, shopping trips, stuff to Snapchat daily.. a lot of people have been brainwashed to believe that spending frivolously is the standard way to live, and any job that can't give them that lifestyle is not paying enough.

My 2c as a possibility.

The problem with minimum wage being $15 an hour is that jobs that currently pay more than that are going to have to increase their wages too if they want to continue operating the way they currently are.  And I dont see it happening.

For example, when I was right out of college (for 3 years after that), I was making $19 an hour.  Without going into detail about what I did, I was in charge of dealing with many of our company's clients and keeping them happy.  Answering emails at all hours of the day, responsible for coordinating budgets of hundreds of thousands of dollars, and being stressed out a lot of the time is a hell of a lot to have to deal with for $4 an hour more than minimum wage. 

This will have to affect all places of work, not just ones that employ minimum wage workers.  Mental health is important.  Many people would likely choose a stress/responsibility free job for $15 an hour over a high stress/responsibility job for $19 an hour.  

Last edited:
raising the minimum wage is just going to raise prices.

if prices are raised and my above minimum wage is unchanged my standard of living goes down

because a raise in wages is not universally applied.. I cannot support it.

the market has been tampered with for too long. Maybe some people are going to have to be financially sacrificed before laws are changed to stop supporting corporate greed. Nothing we do has the intended effect.

We give corporations government dollars to invest and spur the market? They hoard it.

We give students access to funds to go to school? Schools raise tuition.

We give money to needy families and mothers? It gets abused.

We raise minimum wage.. jobs get cut.

decades from now, a depression is going to bring the world to its knees. The only solution to that would be massive civil war like russia saw during its history with the elites vs the working class.............. or the rich to have a change of heart.

Last edited:
They'll use technology for some jobs, innovations. Some jobs will have to be consolidated/cut, and employees will have to take on more responsibility/work harder for that 15$ minimum wage. I think it's needed in Cali/NY. Small businesses will be hurt the most

There will always be poor people, the issue is managing/ minimizing it.

America needs Jobs, you literally have kids going to school for jobs that simply dont exist. Everyone cant become a Doctor. America has outsourced much of the work that was the bulk of what put middle class people to work.

Capitalism doesnt care about Social Responsibility.

you didn't answer the question though :lol:

what's the solution(s), if it's not raising the min wage.

Last edited:
Minimum wage was never implied to be a livable wage, it was a tool to stop abuse of underpaying.

:lol: :smh: @ da thought of raising a family flipping burgers...

M

This is a service based economy what are you talking about? Most of my friends and myself work in financial services and I can guarantee that even starting out of college we make more than 75% of people in the U.S. Service jobs are great, I work in an office or mobile from home, don't get dirty, and can charge so much money per hour of work that it's hilarious.

Services jobs are great, problem is that 90% of American will never attain such jobs. Which comes down to the 2nd problem, people don't want to change and adapt to the economy. People still think manufacturing should come back. Well **** manufacturing, into way it's coming back is if it's fully automated other than a few engineers. The Midwest and south need to get it through their heads and stop thinking that that past is coming back. They wanted a race to the bottom for cheap prices on their toys, well, they feel the result of that now. And I doubt people will pay 1800 for an iPhone to have a job here. That much I can guarantee.

M

This is a service based economy what are you talking about? Most of my friends and myself work in financial services and I can guarantee that even starting out of college we make more than 75% of people in the U.S. Service jobs are great, I work in an office or mobile from home, don't get dirty, and can charge so much money per hour of work that it's hilarious.

Services jobs are great, problem is that 90% of American will never attain such jobs. Which comes down to the 2nd problem, people don't want to change and adapt to the economy. People still think manufacturing should come back. Well **** manufacturing, into way it's coming back is if it's fully automated other than a few engineers. The Midwest and south need to get it through their heads and stop thinking that that past is coming back. They wanted a race to the bottom for cheap prices on their toys, well, they feel the result of that now. And I doubt people will pay 1800 for an iPhone to have a job here. That much I can guarantee.

You're right...lets pay 20 dollars an hour for someone to flip burgers and 30 dollars an hour to be a cashier..eff da fact that robots is gonna eliminate EVERYTHING once u do that...

Some of y'all are exaggerating the consequences of a higher pay rate. Costco already bussing out that much or more and they're doing just fine. Same with in and out. The Ceo's may just need to lower their salaries from $20 mill to about $15 mill a yr. They'll be aight. Also, my company has already raised their lowest pay rate to $15 an hour.

Last edited:
Jfks food court is automation, at least the ordering part (in at least one major terminal). I want to say people will learn and it'll be quicker. But what a mess that was. Just like self check out, you have a person who ends up scanning or helping anyways. Convenience factor has actually gotten worse. I see the same thing with your credit card chip reader. 5 steps on some machines.. 3 on others. Leaving in a machine for 15 seconds? It used to be a quick swipe.

Last edited:
lol they petty! Didn't they rig it so its raised from like $9 to a buck a year until it caps at $15 or something?

Smh if you gonna give it just give it! :smh:

Last edited:
its not a kid working at micky d's though. Its adults trying to feed their family at a job designed for teens and college students who dont have families.

A Kid doesnt care about livable wage because a kid more than likely lives with his parents or is a student.

I have never ever worked in fast food in my life but I totally disagree with your opinion (which is yours to have).

"The McDonald's Corporation revenues come from the rent, royalties, and fees paid by the franchisees, as well as sales in company-operated restaurants. In 2012, the company had annual revenues of $27.5 billion and profits of $5.5 billion."

For a company who has 5.5 Billion in Annual Profits I would only HOPE they could provide their employees with a wage that covers living a ok life.

If flipping burgers for a low wage is only for kids even though the company does so well financially, all your telling me is its cool for Nike to pay all its factory workers across Asia the pennies it does.

Hard work is hard work at the end of the day. Can you really say you would be willing to deal with rude customers all day for minimum wage?

how can a individually owned restaurant pay its cooking staff a good yearly salary and still not make 1% of what McDonald's makes annually yet Micky D's pays its workers as low as possible with 5.5 billion annual revenue in profits?

It's really mind blowing.

Kids can't work morning shifts mon-fri and more then a certain amount of hours a day due to labor laws. kids can't problem solve correctly half the time. So at the end of the day adults are needed in burger spots too.

Everybody should be entitled to a livable wage NOMATTER what job you have in this world if you are a full time worker there in the work place.

This is all my opinion and I ask for you to respect that. Feel free to disagree.

Hard work is hard work at the end of the day. Can you really say you would be willing to deal with rude customers all day for minimum wage?

That's not what determines how much McD's pays their workers. It's cold numbers and the lowest possible figure to maximize shareholder profits is picked. Welcome to the gilded age of capitalism.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom