Call me crazy, but is it possible to spray paint the copper foams?

I ended up buyin two pairs, so i figured id sell one and experiment spray painting my other pair with black spray paint?

I always wanted an all black pair, and i missed out on the anthracites when they dropped. And now they are almost impossible to find DS..

Is there a wise way to go about it?

On a side note, I would trade my coppers sz 11 for an all black pair 
smile.gif

copper color looks like it can be removed.
i would see about getting an experienced painter to coat them for u.
spray paint = no go

Originally Posted by Silsprr

indifferent.gif
smh.gif
....why!?

you dont know how to read? read the first line in my original post...thought i made it clear as day as to why I want to do this...smh...

and thank you bigj, thats a good idea might take them to an professional

Why don't you just keep and eye out for an all black pair, instead of ruining the coppers.

Originally Posted by magneto621

With black spray paint? I always wanted an all black pair, and i missed out on the anthracites when they dropped. And now they are almost impossible to find DS

And I'm not in love with the copper colorway, is there a wise way to go about spray painting them ?

On a side note, I would trade my coppers sz 11 for an all black pair 
smile.gif

I ended up buyin two pairs, so i figured id sell one and experiment spray painting my other pair ;/

i had a ds pair of the all blacks in my hand yesterday at a mom and pop store....but smh at trying to paint some coppers

all blacks dont have a clear sole tho.
if dude wants to experiment, y not just provide him with helpful info? i mean, if it comes out super clean, im sure the same dudes that are against him will be the same ones giving him props

i agree. i dont know why ppl come in here to flame or hate when its not even their shoe. you should def try it out cause im quite curious to see how it comes out and it may look sick if the professional does it right

a bit of advice...
1. unless u remove the sole before painting, the copper color will still show through the clear bottom - Mayhemgatz has done a sole swap on foam ones so he could be a good reference for removing soles
2. see if acetone will remove the copper color - usually, u would do this in a small, unnoticeable spot - not sue where that is on these shoes
3. consult an experienced painter on which materials to use - definitely not spray paint

Prolly easier to lower ur sights from the DS locate a NDS black foam one and give it a fresh coat of paint w/ an airbrush

Originally Posted by 1C3M4M

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

There's an 11.5 of the all blacks on FC.

Have at it.

http://www.flightclubny.com/p.php?fc=ny&c=bb&i=040718

smh.gif
@ the ridiculous price though.

$320 
smh.gif
, dats y im not a FC fan, they be rapin ppl with the prices. But these ppl r stupid enough to pay at that price.

yup never dealt with them and probably wont until i win the lotto.

my advice homie would be to just keep em until you can find someone to trade for

the Foams you want. maybe put it out it in your sig?

IMO I believe that if you get them painted you'll have to do it over and over

cause its going to crack(i.e. JB shoes)

I had some midsoles airbrushed one time after they yellowed and it seemed to work out fine. I just taped off the rest of the shoe.

Dude said he used a mix of latex and I guess acrylic paints, so it would remain flexible without cracking.

Post pics so we can see how it came out. Are you using a matte black or a glossy black?

i cant wait to c finished product sounds sweet if done right way
i might just be inspired enough to do mine royal blue
happy.gif

i always wanted those but people wanting 350-500 and im not down drop so mch

i wouldnt do it, but i guess if you got enough to go around do you.. try a paint that will stick to the foam material than spray paint, probably an air brush will do the job

Probably have to scuff up the existing copper color with a very fine grit sandpaper for the paint to adhere to the surface then go about spraying them then finishing it with a clear coat to protect it from the elements.

Originally Posted by rolla808

Probably have to scuff up the existing copper color with a very fine grit sandpaper for the paint to adhere to the surface then go about spraying them then finishing it with a clear coat to protect it from the elements.
This or go talk to someone who knows about paint.

And just make a sig saying you would trade ds coppers for ds anthracites, I'm sure you can get that trade pretty quickly.

Originally Posted by bigj505

all blacks dont have a clear sole tho.
if dude wants to experiment, y not just provide him with helpful info? i mean, if it comes out super clean, im sure the same dudes that are against him will be the same ones giving him props

this

Back
Top Bottom