Calling all Insurance Agents!! help needed on selling insurance

midsolegone

Banned
Well NT I recently got a job at an insurance agency. With the job I am able to sell insurance to anyone within my state. It is strictly commission based so ifI don't sell I don't get payed. The way we receive clientele is through purchasing leads but prior I was never really informed on "how to sellinsurance" So now I have the big lead debt and it needs to be payed but it seems that no one wants to buy the insurance but I know it sells bc myco-worker are selling it left and right. I believe this can be a good opportunity to make some money and develop the skills to eventually start my own agencybut the way things are going now is not looking promising. I know im going to have to put the work in but I don't really know where to start. So NT doesanyone sell insurance or have their own agency? How did you start up? What are some start up costs? Any information can help. I really need to get this debtdown
tired.gif
Thanks NT.

have excitement in your voice.. sell the benefits.. if you dont sound like u believe in your product you wont sale.. cop a book by zig ziglar

It was a very brief training. They just gave me a booklet to read off the benefits and the price sheet. No real formal training. I can go door to door to makesells also.

It sounds like they hit you with the oke doke.

What insurance agency are you working for, and what type of insurance? Alot of times, they end up being straight fraud like alot of those people selling DishTVand Direct TV at the mall/Best Buy/ Wal Mart. If I were you and you wanted to keep at it, read up on what your selling and hype it up like it's the nextJesus. Network with people/ places you know and make sure you have a lot of business cards and posters to hand out. If you could afford it, a add in the sundaypaper could work out.

I would also check out vistaprint for car magnets and ehow for a primer on starting up the business. Also make sure you dress for success aka no selling withJ's on.

You tryin to sell personal auto, homeowners, personal umbrellas, bops and other types of miscellaneous floater marine policies?

Did getting the licencse in whatever state your in help at all? Try to go to www.aicpcu.org and get educated . . . thepeople that are successful at selling personal insurance know the coverages & forms of different markets better than the other agents they are competingagainst. As an agent you need to be organized, keeping your clients updated upon renewal time and being competent enough to help them with any claims thatmight occur - - - First thing they are going to do is go to their agent in the event of a loss . . . if you know you're #*$+ and cn help them and talk tothe claims rep from the incursance company your client will love you and begin to trust your services - - - If you leave em hanging so they have to do all thework it leaves it wide open for another agent to take your client. Tons of other stuff like this . . . Like recommending the correct coverages for the types ofproperty a individual possesses and the types of liabilities they face - - - Like pitbulls and other exotic animals normally being excluded from the typicalhomeowners form.

There are tons of other stuff . . . post up with some details about what you're trying to do and I'll try to help.

Back
Top Bottom