Calvin Johnson's Megatron Inspired CJ81 Collection: Release Info

^ I could've doubled up on a DS pair on eBay last year that ended for like $180 because the dude had them listed incorrectly. Don't know why I didn't pull the trigger :smh:

Got my first pair for $220 though, which is a steal nowadays. Guess I gotta be happy with that :\. Wear them like once a week they're by far my favorite shoes that I've bought in the past like 2+ years.

Agreed on all accounts. For me the best shoe I've also picked up in the last two years but I could use another pair : (

Champs twitter said it still plans on releasing the Rose Bowl CJ81, just doesn't have any additional info right now. I was going to pull the trigger on eBay, but I'll wait.

Shame how many people are sleeping on these in favor of overpriced retros.

I'd rather buy some new classics any day. Copped the purple megatrons for 100 this morning.

Love em.
smokin.gif
Total agree.CJ81 one of cleanest comfortable shoes out there.Love my Megatrons!!

Shame how many people are sleeping on these in favor of overpriced retros.

I'd rather buy some new classics any day. Copped the purple megatrons for 100 this morning.

Love em. :smokin

Agreed. Good looking and comfortable shoe at a great price point :pimp:

Let's see how much the price increases on CJ 81 2s though. :\

Agreed. Good looking and comfortable shoe at a great price point :pimp:

Let's see how much the price increases on CJ 81 2s though. :\

No doubt, I hope they keep the price point the same though, by the sample, it cannot be more than the $120-$130 range. Definitely a hit for Nike training, this was a very comfortable shoe even with it being a mid-cut, that proprioceptive collar really was a great addition to the shoe.

they did a second release right before Christmas minus the toy I believe.  perfect example of supply outweighing demand.
Thanks for the info.Didn't know about the second release.They never get extra 13 but every store here has 11 on down.

I think 13 was the least produced sz in this model....esp the Megatron colorway. There was only 1 sz 13 megatron CJ81 in my state...and the only reason I was able to get it was because of info that I got on here...and I was lucky enough to have it shipped to my store where I work....

Considering that there's no Detroit color in the CJ81, I'm mad I slept on the Huarache from the OG release.

The 2s are crack. Just need more cws. I liked this model but the cws were disappointing IMO which puzzles me since the Revis got a LOT of cws including EXTs (everything was hit or miss). Hopefully we get some cws I'm more willing to cop this time around.

I have a feeling more people we be on the 2s. I hope not felt good going to store and not having to stand in a line for hours.

Can't wait to see better quality pics of the 2s. Also hope that the cloak colorway actually releases

I'm on the fence about the 2 but I would need to see more pics. Really loved this years trainer but disappointed they didn't sell the Lions colorway that we saw on some of the very early leaked pics. Nike is ridiculous the way handle releases a lot of the time. My patience with them always seems to grow thin and somehow they always suck me back in. Le sigh...

Back
Top Bottom