Camping out "Dealing with Wife/Girlfriend" Employment

Originally Posted by Jking0821

I always wondered how people did this.
Are there rules?  How do you eat? go to the bathroom?  If you run out of line to go grab food do you lose your spot?  If you go pee do you lose your spot?  If so what do you do??
Someone answer these questions.

Originally Posted by JayHood23

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

i would raise so much hell if my man wanted to camp for a week for sneakers...

But what if he surprised you with a pair in your size tho...
Kids sizes don't sell out like that 

Lucky you can just walk in the mall and get your size at any time (lowkey salty
laugh.gif
).....I've never camped for any kicks but the only reasonable duration would be like 3-4 hours at the most but hopefully they're happy w/ their decisions

My girl works and goes to school. So when I camp out for the Yeezy 2(CHANCES ARE I WILL CAMP) i don't think she will even remember me
frown.gif

Originally Posted by megatron

My girl works and goes to school. So when I camp out for the Yeezy 2(CHANCES ARE I WILL CAMP) i don't think she will even remember me
frown.gif

Cop 2 pairs. Size 9.5 i will give you an extra 100.

Originally Posted by Swag Odie

Are there rules?  How do you eat? go to the bathroom?  If you run out of line to go grab food do you lose your spot?  If you go pee do you lose your spot?  If so what do you do??
Someone answer these questions.

They probably got a buddy system of sorts.  They also have shifts, since they most likely won't be camping out alone.  And there's probably an honor system amongst these campers.
Who knows really.

the longest i ever camped out was for the concord release 12 hrs my girl was with me after i told her how much she could make, she came we both copped 3 pairs each flipped um all on CL for double the same day a cool 540 a piece, she got her louie bag she wanted 
laugh.gif
. dont think she would do it again tho lol

Ive never camped for anything longer then 6 hours for a Wii when they first dropped.  Longest i waited for shoes was Spacejams waited 3 hours and that felt like forever.

Well over here, as long as you've already got your spot in line and everyone in line pretty much knows it, if you step out, you won't lose your spot. That means you're free to roam as you wish as long as you're back by the time they hand out wristbands. Reserving a spot for other people though, that's a different story.
I was in line for 15 hours for the Concords and it wasn't too bad cuz I wasn't really in line for the entire 15 hours. Me and my friends roamed the malls, went out to eat, caught a movie, etc.

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Originally Posted by JayHood23

I remember the days when you could just walk in the store a month  week after release date and cop.

This. I remember when people didnt even know the release dates. You had to go to FTL or FA to see what was coming out because they were out on display. Now we have kids in the street for a week waiting in line...No thank you. This whole limited/resell/hypebeast thing has ruined the sneaker culture. People want to be "cooler" than the next man because his kicks are more limited.

I think it's ridiculous and pathetic. One of the things that wasn't mentioned is that these resellers who you say could make more in less time at an actual job probably don't have an actual WORK ETHIC and/or lack responsibilities. It's easier for them to be lazy and sit in a line for a week than to actually get off their #%+ and work. #*+! any hustle talk, it's just lame...and I don't even care about sneakers like that anymore so it doesn't matter to me what the "game" has become.

"hustle" is such a childish, immature term. You're loosing a week of your life for $500 profit?! That's hustling backwards.

only time I ever camped out was for Pharrell Dunks and Espo 1's in early 2004...never again; made the trip from Philly to NYC and met some cool peeps but that's not for me

I was in college on break so it didn't really matter

My 1st and last campout was for the XBOX 360 back in 05.  I got to Best Buy about 10PM the night before and didn't leave till 9AM the next morning and went straight to work.  The ex-wife was understanding, but would I do it now, nope!

Originally Posted by StillIn729

only time I ever camped out was for Pharrell Dunks and Espo 1's in early 2004...never again; made the trip from Philly to NYC and met some cool peeps but that's not for me

In a case like this, its cool because you was on a college break with no responsibilites.

Originally Posted by SportsJunkie

Originally Posted by StillIn729

In a case like this, its cool because you was on a college break with no responsibilites.
agreed I think people are dumb as hell who camp out; it's obvs they live with their mom or don't care about their jobs.
If I can't get a pair of sneakers on release day with minimal hassle then it wasn't meant to be or I will just pay the extra money resellers are charging.

Originally Posted by BrotherForReal

"hustle" is such a childish, immature term. You're loosing a week of your life for $500 profit?! That's hustling backwards.

laugh.gif

But hes "real" doe. 

The sleeping bag in front of the store is his trap.

Then again, if he really wants those things, he'll do whatever it takes to get them. Can't knock his dedication. Its the way the market works. 
laugh.gif

You're loosing a week of your life for $500 profit?! That's hustling backwards.

100% Truth.  Besides looking like a bum out in the streets most likely in the cold for a week almost you hardly make any money, it's simply not worth it.  The people that camp out more than a day for shoes are losers and have no life.

If you camp out for sneakers....and have a girl; her box > sneaker box... i tell her every release.

if I was camped out, I'd raise hell if fambs were taking turns...

like, as soon as you get outta line, that's it brudda ...

no dambs given, people... Especially if I been there a week...

I refused to stay overnight to get concords camping a week is out the question

Always wondered how these week long lines work I'd imagine @%%% would get hectic

Back
Top Bottom