CAN SOMEONE DEFINE "EARLY RELEASE"

HELLO NT:

CAN SOMEONE DEFINE WHAT EARLY RELEASE REALLY IS. ARE THE SHOES AUTHENTIC? I OFTEN SEE PEOPLE SELLING WHAT THEY REFER TO AS EARLY RELEASE BUT IT IS USUALLY MONTHS BEFORE ACTUAL RELEASE. ANY HELP OR CLARIFICATION WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANKS!

early release are usually authentic shoes which are sold before release date.
Here is an example: In the past Nike Germany only forced Footlocker Germany to
stick with Nike release dates and retail prices if that colorway/model is being sold
by Nike Germany too. For instance, the Air Jordan XVI black/reds were sold for
330 DM back then everywhere in Germany because that was the official price tag
by Nike Germany. But the white/navys were not in inventory at Nike Germany,
but Footlocker Germany had them so they could sell them not only for a different price
at 300 DM but also put them on the shelves earlier than the official release date.

Simply put, they are B grades or fakes.

In some situations. somebody overseas will have a nike connect and buy out all the shoes that fail to pass QC, and sell them.

And in other situations, they are just fake.

Bottom line, stay away from early release pairs

some are "night shift/dark shift" products, made at the same factories with the same materials, but unauthorised. if you intend to wear them, they are fine. if you wanna just stock and resell, you would be misleading if you tried to pass them off as store bought.

they are not "fake".

sometimes the quality is worse, but they can be just as often be BETTER than authorised pairs. QC has messed up heaps, see the mistakes thread for examples.

don't believe the hype. cats be throwing the fake word poorly like DS or OG.

Last edited:
Since most of the Jordan kicks are manufactured in China it's a good assumption that some do mysteriously dissapear off the factory floor.
In my opinion, I have no doubt (knowing how the business culture works in China) that the plant managers are diverting some of the kicks for personal gain.
China is the land of "you help me and I help you".
And as previously stated, they could be variants with slight quality control issues or they could be fine, it's the chance you take.

***All in all I personally stay away from these sites and that is my recommendation to you my friend.***

Last edited:
They are NOT "fake" per se, but they are not meant to be sold.

They are either early runs (i.e. the XI's look a bit off because they will be corrected with a later production run), stolen off the floor, pairs that didn't pass the QC and are thrown away but picked up to be sold, or, possibly, shady businessmen pay the factories to stay open and produce an extra run of pairs beyond what Nike ordered.

They are not fake because they seem to be produced with the right materials in the right machines et al

Some people do regard them as fake because they are not pairs that Nike ever meant to sell for whatever reason (also because early runs might have off details, rendering them different from final pairs and thus "fake")

Back
Top Bottom