Can we end this "Thumbs Up if this helped!" BS???

Would you "thumbs up" if someone asked you to do so?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• These cats are whack

• Total voters
I'm sorry, but this is me going on a rant:

Why is it that ever since the new Niketalk added the "thumbs up" feature we have all these cats posting information and then asking us to validate them by giving them the thumbs up? Last I checked, this is a sneakerhead forum, so if you have useful information to share, then you're probably on here to share it. I don't need to validate something that should already go without being said in here by clicking a damn button.

And if you really want some likes, make some real friends and get them to sit around you all day and validate everything you say. Dude's think it's cool asking for people's validation over some comment or info? That **** is whack. Get a life and get off your computers. Next time somebody asks me to "thumbs up" their post I'm going to request the mods to get a "thumbs down" button so I can crush these fools' cyber-spirits.

Ok, I'm done.

I agree, I mean I understand the reason behind having the feature but it's really being misused by the community right now.
The rep feature really only adds to the fact that this is only a community if someone has something to gain from it. It's all really lame
imo.

^yes is it that serious since the post was created. a thumbs down feature should have been added as well

Haha I don't want any thumbs up, otherwise I would have just come out and asked for them instead of bashing those that actually ask for them. And no it's not serious, but you're asking why there's a thread when you're on a Shoe website where 95% of the topics are not "serious," as you say.

I think it's corny when people just post to say they repped everyone back or whatever...

Apart from that, it doesn't bother me much.

Honestly why is this even a discussion? Like someone else said this should be in the thread about nothing ...lock this up and OP, it's funny how you are telling people to go make "real friends" and get offline, but you put so much energy and seem oddly passionate about this rant.

...maybe when someone asks for a thumbs up, it's "small talk" like asking for props among friends after saying something important or cool. comparable to "i gets mines, gimme my props, mad cool points, thats what i'm talkin' bout, daps, sweet, swag" etc...after all this is a "community" where everyone knows each other (to an extent)

maybe YOU'RE the one looking for more out of this and not us?

if this makes you mad, i feel sorry for you
thumbs up 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom