Can we get a R&B/Soul/Neo-Soul thread?

New Edition - Can You Stand The Rain

I remember when this song played at our wedding, all the couples (except the old heads) came out for the slow dance...

Kelly Price - Not My Daddy (ft. Stokley)

I love the drumming & the bass line in this song.

Jill Scott - So In Love (ft. Anthony Hamilton)

Gotta do a 2 step to this song...

Leela James - Say That (ft. Anthony Hamilton)

Last edited:
Lauren Hill - Ex Factor

Damn...

Maxwell - Sumthin' Sumthin' & Lock You Up N' Love Fa Days

Sweetback - You Will Rise

Last edited:
Marsha Ambrosius - Stronger Than Pride (Sade cover)

Not sure if I like this or not. :rolleyes :stoneface: She took a really smooth song, one that makes you feel like your on some tropical beach & put a hard beat t it (Shelley Mann's Infinity sample used famously by Jeru the Damaja's Come Clean). What do you guys think?

Cody ChesnuTT - Love Is More Than A Wedding Day

I like this though...

Always liked this song of his too...

Last edited:
:lol: :smh: Aww naww.. why would she put the Come Clean sample to that song? Can't cosign that mess

Last edited:
Quadron - Favorite Star

Damn, CoCo undulating in the new vid. :x :smokin Getting her Beyonce on huh? One of my favorite releases from last year.

Maxine Ashley - Perpetual Nights

Pharrell 's new artist. Man, he's really feelin' that Malcolm McLaren Buffalo Gals hat... Song is ok but the lyrics are dookie... Song kinda sounds like Michelob Ultra commercial waiting to happen... "Pharrell & Maxine Ashley want you to experience Perpetual Nights with Michelob Ultra.... but the Michelob Brewing Company would like you to drink responsibly..." :rolleyes

Kelis - Rumble & Jerk Ribs

I think most of her upcoming release is produced Startrak/Neptunes crew, Jerk Ribs was produced by Dave Sitek (TV On The Radio).

Bobby Womack - If You Think You're Lonely Now

Old school like the old school. They don't make songs like this no mo... SMH... Some artists might come close but only close...

Teddy Pendergrass - Love TKO

Lou Rawls - You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine

Jamiroquai - You Give Me Something

iTunes played this just now while on shuffle mode... :smokin Always love the guitar in his newer work. Love the rhythms the guy finds.

The swag of Chris Jasper :pimp: Can't front on them chops :lol:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=foFK6q7kF9Y

Kimchi Papi Kimchi Papi I know a few or all songs on every Jamiroquai album except A Funk Oddyssey, I gotta put that in rotation this week.

I went and checked Mayer Hawthorne out on Saturday, missed Quadron opening up, but his performance was :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

I knew him off the strength of "Just Ain't Gonna Work Out" which I heard in 2008, but his performance warranted me to buy his album off iTunes. I was tapping like a maniac in my phone trying to type the lyrics of the songs. He even kicked a few bars from SV's "Fall In Love" DETROIT CITY

Last edited:
^ It's due to drop March 1st.

Thanks.

So the Sade cover is her lead single? I'm a fan of the original and I dont mind Marsha's remake that much.

I guess it is the lead single. Her vocals are beautiful but the Shelly Manne Infinity sample (used famously in Jeru the Damaja's Come Clean) just didn't fit to me.

Stronger Than Pride makes me feel like I'm on the beach on some tropical island sipping on a vodka collins or something & her cover makes it feel like I'm in someone kitted out Ford Excursion with the bass going bump in the back... :rolleyes :\

Jesse Boykins - Plain

This dude can be hit or miss with me but when I like his songs, I really like them. I like this one even though the song title is rather uh plain...

Back
Top Bottom