Can we get a R&B/Soul/Neo-Soul thread?

Almost all of the D'Angelo remixes I've ever heard weren't that good but that one hit me.

I hope his next release comes out sometime soon...

Sonzeira - Southern Freeez (ft. Emanuelle Araujo)

Latest project from Gilles Peterson... :smokin

Here's a great mixtape from Matthew Law available for DL too. Jawn is straight up fire for this Monday afternoon.

TRACKLIST:

•Beat Street Intro
•Thundercat - For Love I Come (Tree Bootleg)
•Patrice Rushen - Remind Me (DJ Day edit)
•Jackson do Pandeiro - Capoeira Mata Um (Remix)
•Mr. Sonny James - Street Tales
•Matthew Law - Walk On The Spinning Wheel (J. Rocc Edit) vs. Grown Up
•Matthew Law - Controller 7 Bounce vs. Dangerous
•Donald Byrd - Wind Parade (King Most's Dub 'Em Down Redirection)
•7 Days of Funk - Do My Thang
•Star Slinger - II/IV
•Jamiroquai - Too Young To Die (Zjakedabeat Mix)
•A.T.C.Q. & De La Soul - Simply Havin' Footprints (Excel Edit)
•Matthew Law - Hit Em With That March
•Matthew Law - Bounce in E Flat
•Pickster & Riot Earp - Around
•Michael Jackson - Remember The Time (Louis La Roche Remix)
•Matthew Law - Heights (demo)
•Tryezz - Phase and Mist
•Moon Boots - Love Strong
•Sade - Nothing Can Come Between Us (Pomo edit)
•Pomo - Work It Out
•Matthew Law - Grind That Dutch
•Marvin Gaye - Grapevine (Matthew Law Edit)
•Manzel - Space Funk (Kenny Dope Remix)
•Childish Gambino - II. Shadows
•The Internet - Shadow Dance
•Matt Ford - Smoking Portrait

Last edited:
Sade - Nothing Can Come Between Us (Pomo Edit)

Yo!!!!!! I've never heard this remix before. Heard it in that mix tape above & had to post... Jawn is hot!!!! My favorite Sade jawn...

Howard Johnson - So Fine

That Pomo jawn up there made me listen to this Howard Johnson track & his track...

D'Angelo - Spanish Joint (Osage Remix)

This remix isn't too bad although I think speeding it up was unnecessary.

Rainy Milo finally drops her debut album. Haven't heard it all yet but I like most of what I've heard. She can get a little weak sometimes lyrically though.

Last edited:
Seun Kuti - IMF ( ft. M1 Dead Prez)

A chip off the old block... Not feeling M1's verse. It came off corny... Song is fire thought.

Vid below is an interview that also has an appearance from Robert Glasper. Seun's new release should be coming out next month. Can't wait to cop. I guess Seun must be a Gooner too judging by his Arsenal jacket...

Last edited:
Nice posts up there.

romedadude romedadude , Imma rep you when my limit expires.

Myele Manzanza - Montara (Bobby Hutcherson cover) & City Of Atlantis (ft. Charlie K And Ladi6)

Ex Electric Wire Hustle drummer.

Last edited:
Nice posts up there.

romedadude romedadude , Imma rep you when my limit expires.

Myele Manzanza - Montara (Bobby Hutcherson cover) & City Of Atlantis (ft. Charlie K And Ladi6)

Ex Electric Wire Hustle drummer.

My dude, I don't even need the reps, just keep dropping the dope cuts! Good look on that Montara cover. I discovered it had been sampled in a few songs a couple summers ago and it became my go to cool out joint for a while.

Was playing videos on my PS3 a few minutes ago and forgot I had this joint on there.

That grown man, throw ya steppin shoes on iddish. The main chick in the video :pimp:
Then again this that, "one that got away" joint too |I

Sasha Keable - Sweetest Talk

A Londoner... Save for a few American examples, why are Brits doing better r&b than Americans?

Check out the rest of her offerings on Sound Cloud...

Last edited:
Sasha Keable - Sweetest Talk

A Londoner... Save for a few American examples, why are Brits doing better r&b than Americans?

Check out the rest of her offerings on Sound Cloud...
These kids are going to school and learning the absolute fundamentals of what the genre is about. Meanwhile the R&B scene over here is moreso focused on the imagine than actual singing ability. The artists over there seem to go through a legit quality control/development process.

The last few posts I've made in here, hell the vast majority are Londoners/Brits. Whether it be traditional or alternative R&B they are dominating right now. The list of American singers that have caught my interest is much shorter.

Anthony Valadez - Good Lookin' (ft Bird)

^ It was more a rhetorical question than anything thing 8pm at msg 8pm at msg . There are other factors too.

Here's a new track from Valadez...

American R&B is suffering due in part to the lack of love in the homes these artists were brought up in. There was a really good piece in CNN a few years ago that explained how the breakdown of families led to what we have now. Good thread btw. Going to keep posted in here. Most of this new R&B being pushed is ***.

Bill Withers - Lovely Day & Let Me Be the One You Need

I love when guitar or a Fender Rhodes is used in an r&b song... Love love love this song...

Let Me Be is an under appreciated song...

TallBlackGuyProductions - Rainy Milo - 'Bout You(Tall Black Guy Remix), Listen And Research, & Whenever It Comes To You (Jay Dee Electric Piano Funk)

Damn fellas, ya'll need to keep this thread up... Found this all the way on page 3...

This fella does dope work. Check out his soundcloud page... Put on your headphones & just kick back...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom