Can we get a R&B/Soul/Neo-Soul thread?

Went and copped that Hiatus Kaiyote - Tawk Tomahawk album the other day. I'm gelignite to it right now at work, I haven't heard it in its entirety since last summer when it was still on their Bandcamp page. Definitely gonna throw the CD in the whip and ride out for the next few weeks. Didn't even know "Nakamarra" was Grammy nominated :wow:

I was listening to some Ellie Goulding, and realized the few R&B-inspired tracks she's got are pretty good. All covers, but she definitely brings something new to them.

The saxophone midway through the track. :pimp: :frown:

She covered this song, and introduced me to the original:

:smokin

And of course, The Weeknd's High for This.

I'm impatiently waiting for more material from this man. He's Jessie Ware's drummer.

Released this song a few months ago, and I've been hooked since.

:pimp: :pimp:

I'm sure the regular posters in here will appreciate this

D'Angelo and Questlove touched on the "neo-soul" term towards the end of the interview as well, interesting take

Last edited:
J Period came through with yet another stellar mixtape, The Legacy Of James Brown. Checka, check it out...

edit - got dammit... please listen to this mix ya'll... I've said this before & I'll say it again, there was not another person more bad a** than James Brown...

Last edited:
Morris Day - Fishnet

Not sure why, but this song just popped into my head... Classic Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis sound...

Blood Orange - You're Not Good Enough

Official vid was released a bit ago... Dev's a Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis fan...

Marcos Valle - Estrelar

If you don't listen to world music, you're really missing out...

Some great Brazilian funk/r&b from the 80s in honor of the world cup... This is real FOOTBALL... :smokin

Love this song.

King - Mister Chameleon (live)

The studio version of the song to be released July 1st & album sometime thereafter...

D'Angelo & ?uestlove-Tell Me If You Still Care (Live - S.O.S Band Cover)

D's manager Kevin Liles says his album will definitely be out in 2014... Says there are 14 tracks & there might be a couple of bonus tracks... :smokin

Posting this track again... Seriously, how many dudes can sound this soulful with just keys & a drum...

If you haven't heard it yet, you should. The Toni Braxton & Babyface album delivers. :pimp:

I enjoyed it from top to bottom. Both their voices sounded great throughout the album.

:pimp:

Jagged Edge, 112 , Dru Hill and Next did a show on Saturday in Michigan . The 30 and 40 women were probably throwing panties on stage all night . I wish I was there to get a few sugar mommas :smh:

The Foreign Exchange - Better (ft. Eric Roberson & Shana Tucker)

This track is so smooth...

I'm always pleasantly surprised whenever I'm listening to music on shuffle mode & my iPhone plays The Foreign Exchange. Always repeat the song too. Just listened to this a couple of times. :smokin

Back
Top Bottom