CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLIDER (04/04/14) - BluRay 09/09/14

Toby Jones on Arnim Zola's Return in Captain America: The Winter Soldier

When we spoke with Jones earlier today about his creepy new thriller Berberian Sound Studio, he wouldn’t tell us how big a part he has in the new Cap movie, but he did give us a brief tease that fans of the character should be happy with the way that Zola is brought back.

"All I can say about it is that I was pleased to be brought back," he told us. "I thought I might be--because you'd know better than I do--but Zola finds a way to defeat time and you won't be disappointed with the way that's been treated in the film, that's what I would say."

View media item 422745

I still havent stayed awake all the way through the first CA movie. Just not a fan of him

This is already looking way better than the first movie. I'm just eager to see what Crossbones is gonna look like along with Batroc the Leaper.

Was Ed Brubaker consulted for this film? I really hope they stay close to his storyline of The Winter Soldier, because that was great. Then I just realized that Brubaker has stopped writing for Marvel due to some drama. =( 
Ed didn't leave due to drama. He felt like leaving and the time was right to move on to other projects. While keeping up his indie comics he's focused a lot more on writing for tv shows, getting his indie comics tv shows, and screen writing. He's said he'll return to Marvel and there's no ill will. I just figured dude needed a break.

Dunno if he's heavily involved but he tweeted he's consulted and was deeply flattered by the title to the sequel alone.

After being let down by Iron Man 3, I got high hopes for Thor 2 (really like the first one don't undestand why people didn't) and Capt 2.

Capt 2 is looking like its gonna have direct influence from the comics which is good for me.

That's a stuntman on the bike right? :lol: Don't look like Chris.

Also for WS, is that the same guy from the first Cap? I only ask cuz of the hair. Dude didn't look the type to grow his hair to that length.

Didn't see the Black Widow/Cap romance/kiss coming but nice. I'll guess he'll ease in to Carter's granddaughter by the end :smokin

Damn, Bucky's movie stills look like his sketch/comic pics. Looking good so far.

Last edited:
Winter Soldier looking like a boss :smokin. I wanted to grow my hair that long but it was looking like a mullet and I couldn't resist cutting it :smh:.

Back
Top Bottom