CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLIDER (04/04/14) - BluRay 09/09/14

I don't mind the movie version of Winter Soldier sporting mask covering his mouth, rather than having the little mask around his eyes. 

Excited to see how this phase develops. Surprised they are using Black Widow in this one too. I didn't see that coming. Is that anywhere in the og comics?

Anthony Mackie Talks Playing The Falcon in Captain America: The Winter Soldier

We've heard Pain & Gain star Anthony Mackie talk about playing The Falcon in the upcoming Captain America: The Winter Soldier, even going as far as to say that he plays "an integral role" in the film. Now, speaking with EW, Mackie had a little more to say about his experience on the film and playing the iconic character.

“It’s a cool story and brings in some amazing characters and the Falcon is one of the things that fans are already excited about,” Mackie said. “It’s a movie that has kind of turned into a bigger-than-life opportunity for me. I’ve had these little milestones along the way and now to play a superhero and to work with people like Robert Redford, Sam Jackson, and Chris? It’s just turned into this amazing moment.”

Mackie says the character won't just "fall into" his position like so many other heroes, saying that he's “a really smart guy who went through major military training and becomes a tactical leader, he’s not some guy that fell into this.”

The Falcon is a character that is most well known for the tradition of being one of the first African American superheroes, and Mackie isn't taking the character's ideals or traditions lightly.

“The most important thing I got from everybody at Marvel about the Falcon was the need to show that he’s a very righteous, man-forward kind of guy. He would do anything to protect the man next to him and to protect his country. That’s the integrity of the character and the integrity of the man and that that’s what I have focused on.”

“The biggest thing for me, the most exciting thing for me, is to come out on Halloween and see all the little black kids dressed up like the Falcon. There are so many parts of our society that are not catered to or represented fully and this will give a new generation of our society someone to look up to and identify with. That’s why I am so intensely focused on bringing the character to life in a special way.”

Disney cashing on everything Marvel. With Star Wars, I hope they destroy California and open up a Marvel/Star Wars town in LA.

Disney cashing on everything Marvel. With Star Wars, I hope they destroy California and open up a Marvel/Star Wars town in LA.

With that said, I am curious if Universal still has Marvel heroes in their theme parks? When I visited Universal Studios, there were costumed Marvel heroes running around and the one in orlando even has Marvel rides like Hulk coaster and that SpiderMan 3D iirc.

With that said, I am curious if Universal still has Marvel heroes in their theme parks? When I visited Universal Studios, there were costumed Marvel heroes running around and the one in orlando even has Marvel rides like Hulk coaster and that SpiderMan 3D iirc.
Yeah Universal has a contract that allows them to keep using the Marvel characters. That's why we wont't be seeing a Marvel themed area at Disneyworld anytime soon. I've read Disneyland and Disney China will see those first.

Excited to see how this phase develops. Surprised they are using Black Widow in this one too. I didn't see that coming. Is that anywhere in the og comics?
She's been in plenty Cap comics after she was created. They're skill set and background is more compatiable to go on missions/adventures together along with Falcon and Sharon Carter. In the comics though, she's (was) with Bucky/Winter Soldier.

Had no idea it was an April release, why so early? I'm guessing because Guardians of the Galaxy is the summer blockbuster Marvel is relying on?

First Look At Marvel's AGENT CARTER One-Shot; Poster, Photos And New Details Released

“First of all it’s a period piece. You have three fight scenes as opposed to Item 47, where we just had basically one action scene,” director Louis D’Esposito told EW about the latest Marvel one-shot. “We had five days – one more day than we did on Item 47 but I think it’s double in size. And also the visual style of it, that requires time. So there was pressure on us. I have people looking over my shoulder, looking at the watch saying, ‘Come on, you’re costing us a lot of money!’”

“Not everyone can be frozen in ice from that period,” D’Esposito jokingly continued. “So it was: How do we tell another Hayley Atwell story? It’s a year since Cap plunged into the ocean. And in our mind, we said there’s a few SSR offices. If you want to relate it to now, it’s like the OSS, the precursor to the CIA. The SSR is the precursor to S.H.I.E.L.D. There’s some satellite offices in New York and right now their primary concern is getting Zodiac. Zodiac in the books has been many many different things. We just want you to know it’s deadly, it’s important, bad guys are guarding it, and it’s imperative she gets it.” The report further reveals that Dominic Cooper reprises his role as Howard Stark in the short film, which is likely why he's been hesitant about having an actual role in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. And there's said to be other cameos in Agent Carter, but they've been kept under wraps.

n371.jpg

0w9u.jpg

adny.jpg

2wi7.jpg

CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER Is The Most Important Lead-In For AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON

Brothers and co-directors Joe and Anthony Russo discuss their upcoming film, "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" with the Huffington Post and state that the events of their film are the most important in terms of heading into "Avengers: Age of Ultron." Said Joe Russo, "There's a very strong connection in the narrative between the events of the end of "Avengers" that drive this film -- and there's a very strong hand off to "Avengers 2" at the end of this movie. And Kevin Feige's whole thing is that this is the biggest bridge of all of Phase 2 movies; it really is. It does involve the most amount of Avengers of any of the films in Phase 2, and it has sort of a, you know, there's a very big shift in the universe at the end of this movie."

An interesting development/revelation. In terms of headcount, the film boasts the most number of Avengers team members in Captain America, Falcon and Black Widow. And who knows where the Winter Soldier's loyalties may lie by the time the film's closing credits roll.

Back
Top Bottom