Car Purchase Assistance Please

I am amped about this but won't pickup til next weekend at the earliest. I put a deposit down to hold until I finish closing on a rental property.

They want $33k for the 05 Vette with navi and 22k mi. Does anyone know the blackbook amount on this? I know it's likely high being that it is summer and thisis a drop. Any help is appreciated. I need to find some real leverage to get this lowered. We got the super high 9.75% tax out here and I need to get that price dropped. Only thing I could find wrong with the car is that the rims arent chrome and there is no auxiliary jack with the nav unit.

Also, the accessories rep recommended a K40 ultimate radar system. It is installed within the car and covers 2mi to the front and back, 1 mi to each side and above the car. Price is $2k installed and I'm told can only be done by dealers. Anyone know a dealer in the Chicago area that can do it for lower than $2k?

Lastly, he recommended LoJack for $800. Any better prices?

Does that Corvette have On-Star also? If so,
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

vette looks good, but if you dont mind me asking for 33k you can get a top of the line 2011 camaro. I know a camaro isnt a vette but you would get a better interest rate cause its a new car and also the up keep is cheaper, vette tires cost about 4k for a set
indifferent.gif
........... I think if anyone spends 30k plus it should be still under warranty and have low miles. but like i said its not vette but its fun to drive.
also the camaro ss gets 426HP
pimp.gif

Thanks Mojo, I think Im fighting a battle I cant win. The car truthfully is underpriced. They might laugh at me if I try to haggle.

FDub, it does have OnStar. I just have to activate it and start paying.

Thockey,why do you say that? Besides the fact it is super expensive.

Nflow, I just love the Vette. I been wanting one for the past5-6 years, but there has always been something in the way. My cuz has a Camaro on 22s and I feel that you have to do that at least. just my opinion.

INS, I just want what I want. Been wanting this car for a while. My investments are in real estate, but in the end, you can't take any of the money with you...the time is now!

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

Originally Posted by INS

why not get a toyota and invest the rest.

which model?

If I had $30k to use on a car, I woudnt get a Toyota.
And this is coming from a guy with a new 2011 Camry SE.

An 05 Vette for $33k though?

Unless youve always wanted a Vette all your life, I woudnt do it. Theres a ton of other used cars id rather get with $30k.

Do you really want to buy an almost 7 year old car for 33k? Does it even have warranty?

Originally Posted by djuzi05

Does it even have warranty?

If not, purchase one. Also, you should always go into negotiations knowing wholesale for the car or truck. Are you financing or paying cash?

I just really want a Vette...I'm not too worried about the year. There is a limited warranty, but I will be getting an extended warranty. I just love the current C6 model. Vettes hold their value pretty well too. Its not about all the cars out there for the price, it's about what I been wanting for a long,long time. It makes no sense to buy brand new b/c the price would be closer to $60k for a convertible and the C7 likely will come out in '13.

I posted a how to in the Post Your Car thread...

I'll see if I can dig it up before I leave.

edit:

Finance through your credit union or bank...

Get the VIN for the car and have them look up the actual wholesale price and the highest they'll finance on that particular vehicle at the rate you want, that way you know your target as far as price. From there just go in and drive the car, show a lot of interest but not the point they think they have a sucker. After the drive, tell them you want to work figures and low ball them just under wholesale, about 1.5K. From there do the back and forth until the number is closer to what you want.

If they get dumb with you just shake their hands, get up and walk out. They won't let you leave, trust me.

It also helps if you write all over their work sheet. Like write what you want to pay in big !$+ numbers and circle it. Write "SOLD" next to it... stuff like that. Play the lightweight jerk for that hour and it'll pay off.

I used to sell cars during the summers in college, so I know the game pretty well.

Good luck.

Brolic, I'm dropping between 10 and 12 and using my credit union for the rest.

Anyone got tips to work on the price? It appears the price is underpriced, but I would love to knock off 2 stacks

Let me know what you can do Brolic...I got them on hold with the deposit, so I have time to do more research.

In your case, since you already made a deposit, you have a little more weight to push around...

But it is important that you find out the wholesale. Gives you an idea of how much you want to tip.

edit: Just read what I posted above.

good read, I gotta get it to the credit union, but I can't let them run my score til after I close. I just hope there are no setbacks on the closing. I will only have like 2 months to drive it this yr (hoping for an indian summer)

so...how bout they raised the price online $1870 Very pleased I got the agreement already in writing. The jig is up!

Back
Top Bottom