Career change?

I was initially going to go back to school to get my teaching credential and be an elementary school teacher, but decided that it wasn't for me.

Right now, I want to change careers, possibly in the health-care field, but I'm not quite sure. I know friends who are nurses and the pay is really good, but I'm not looking to become a nurse.

What are some other options? Anyone in the health-care profession, or any profession for that matter that changed careers with any advice? I have my bachelor's, but I feel that I'm at a stage where I really need to get my act together before I'm too old lol. Thanks in advance!

I was initially going to go back to school to get my teaching credential and be an elementary school teacher, but decided that it wasn't for me.

Right now, I want to change careers, possibly in the health-care field, but I'm not quite sure. I know friends who are nurses and the pay is really good, but I'm not looking to become a nurse.

What are some other options? Anyone in the health-care profession, or any profession for that matter that changed careers with any advice? I have my bachelor's, but I feel that I'm at a stage where I really need to get my act together before I'm too old lol. Thanks in advance!

I'm 27. Yep, I'm old
grin.gif

i was in a similar situation..

went to trades school instead of university to become an aerospace mechanical engineer.
i lost interest and the pay wasnt that great so I went to university and got my bachelors of commerce.

got hired at BCAA as a human resource coordinator. worked two years so far and it was definitely worth the change (better pay, job security and benefits)

you really have to do what it takes to make money.. i always thought it was all about doing something you really love but that ain't going to pay the bills

i was in a similar situation..

went to trades school instead of university to become an aerospace mechanical engineer.
i lost interest and the pay wasnt that great so I went to university and got my bachelors of commerce.

got hired at BCAA as a human resource coordinator. worked two years so far and it was definitely worth the change (better pay, job security and benefits)

you really have to do what it takes to make money.. i always thought it was all about doing something you really love but that ain't going to pay the bills

i have a bachelors and it's pretty much worthless when it comes to getting a good job, but im back in school and im taking my last pre-reqs (all A's) to get into a nursing program and eventually get masters in nursing. I decided to do this because im only 23 now and I know I will regret going back to school when im older.
For other healthcare positions that pays good are PTA, COTA, med tech, patient care tech
just be careful when choosing which healthcare route you want to go to...a lot of the positions in healthcare are almost impossible to find jobs in this economy...even nurses. A few other positions include rad techs, dental hygienist, and nuclear med tech
A lot of programs will say there is a good job lookout for these fields, but there are not that many positions available as of now. It can change later on tho....

i have a bachelors and it's pretty much worthless when it comes to getting a good job, but im back in school and im taking my last pre-reqs (all A's) to get into a nursing program and eventually get masters in nursing. I decided to do this because im only 23 now and I know I will regret going back to school when im older.
For other healthcare positions that pays good are PTA, COTA, med tech, patient care tech
just be careful when choosing which healthcare route you want to go to...a lot of the positions in healthcare are almost impossible to find jobs in this economy...even nurses. A few other positions include rad techs, dental hygienist, and nuclear med tech
A lot of programs will say there is a good job lookout for these fields, but there are not that many positions available as of now. It can change later on tho....

Currently working for ABC News in NYC. I dont really like it anymore, so I'm to switch to the IT field. Starting in mid-March I'm taking a class. It's a start. I've thinking about switch for more than a year and finally decided to move on. I've talked to a lot people about the industry personally and here on NT and feel pretty confident about it.

I have a BA too and I'm 26. I find that around 26 people find out that what they're doing won't cut it and/or realize they've hated what they studied.

Currently working for ABC News in NYC. I dont really like it anymore, so I'm to switch to the IT field. Starting in mid-March I'm taking a class. It's a start. I've thinking about switch for more than a year and finally decided to move on. I've talked to a lot people about the industry personally and here on NT and feel pretty confident about it.

I have a BA too and I'm 26. I find that around 26 people find out that what they're doing won't cut it and/or realize they've hated what they studied.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by iamanobody

I'm 27. Yep, I'm old
grin.gif

Not even close.
Thanks Mangudai lol. Thanks for the responses everyone.

Yeah, I feel like I'm going through some sort of midlife crisis because I have friends that are financially secure and I'm here maybe even worse off when I started my undergrad. It's a bit comforting to know that some people are going through a similar situation and are working hard to get through it. I just feel that I need to choose now because that's what I'll be doing for at least the next couple of years.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by iamanobody

I'm 27. Yep, I'm old
grin.gif

Not even close.
Thanks Mangudai lol. Thanks for the responses everyone.

Yeah, I feel like I'm going through some sort of midlife crisis because I have friends that are financially secure and I'm here maybe even worse off when I started my undergrad. It's a bit comforting to know that some people are going through a similar situation and are working hard to get through it. I just feel that I need to choose now because that's what I'll be doing for at least the next couple of years.

Back
Top Bottom