Cartoon Network: What the hell?

i know i'm dating myself here but i only am aware of these cartoon because my son watches them. He loves Teen Titans Go (it's pretty funny), Gumball (again has it's moments) and Clarence. i will say i enjoyed the "Tants" episode of Regular show.

as far as AS, who no mention of Robot Chicken? that's an awesome show. 10 minute episodes? I'm in.

Black Dynamite is probably the best thing on CN right now imo. Adventure time is good at times to me, Regular show is hit and miss with me, but I don't watch it regularly tho.

Y'all sleepin on Steven Universe, lil homie barely a teen surrounded by bad older ******* who fight for him. :smokin
Cartoon Network doesn't air these adult/outrageous shows, Adult Swim does.

I only found out they were two discrete network this year. I always assumed "Adult Swim" was just something CN called it's evening programming :lol:
Wait
Adult swim isnt just cn late night programming :nerd:

Adult Swim is the only reason I still watch Cartoon Network. Some of those Adult Swim commercials be random but funny af. They also play Alt music vids too. Found a cool song off there. Also the Flying Lotus, Madlib and J Dilla instrumentals they play :smokin

Regular show >>>>
This + adventure time.

Forgot to add the new Teen Titans.

All THIS. Yeah Teen Titans is funny too.

View media item 184091
tumblr_m9ug42sWJL1qaedczo1_500.jpg

Last edited:
I like what they're doing with the late, late AS. And don't forget VENTURE BROS.....

Hm. That's an interesting observation. For comparison, what cartoon(s) from years past do you feel did show the darker side of life?

First thing that popped in my head was courage the cowardly dog.

thats a deep question and i agree with this post. courage was pretty out there and pretty dark. def produces the scares. and not clean scares like scooby doo.

in fact i have to give credit and say courage was a very well made show. to make a show so creepy and odd, with solid atmosphere via the soundtrack, that is aimed at kids, isn't easy...or commonplace.

tom and jerry from the 40s was funny simple slapstick comedy, but it depicted the racial and sexist mindset of society at the time. we never really thought of it back when we were little. it was all fun and games. and it still is. but you can see the discriminatory undertones MUCH more clearly as an adult.

DC comics are more violent than the TV-Y7 counterparts. but back when we were younger, when tv was awesome, TV-Y7 went harder than what is acceptable today. and i can use ALL of toonami form the 90s to early 2000s. when they were importing all sorts of anime.

Dragonball, Z, GT

Outlaw Star. heavily edited.

Tenchi Muyo, Universe, Tokyo. hell yea this show was heavily edited.

Gundam Wing..endless waltz included. This was heavy with political undertones that went beyond most younger viewers.

08 MS Team (best gundam series imo).

on the american side you had the Original Batman. and then Batman Beyond.

thats all i got for now...:nerd:

Ice King is a god damn pervert man

Son's goal in life is to see how many princesses he can rape

And to keep it real I liked adult swim for the most part because of the bumps

The music they used to play was so :pimp:

Found some of the music on YouTube if I was lucky

For cN
Regular show
Gumball

That's it for me

Adult swim
Venture brosta
American dad
Black dynamite

Old cN sucked looking back at it I wish I knew and would of saved some hours and just gone out side to play.

Only good show at that time was Samurai jack and that was ahead of its time.

Boomerang boring as hell

Last edited:
For cN
Regular show
Gumball

That's it for me

Adult swim
Venture brosta
American dad
Black dynamite

Old cN sucked looking back at it I wish I knew and would of saved some hours and just gone out side to play.

Only good show at that time was Samurai jack and that was ahead of its time.

Boomerang boring as hell
:smh:

Different strokes

Y'all sleepin on Steven Universe, lil homie barely a teen surrounded by bad older ******* who fight for him. :smokin
Cartoon Network doesn't air these adult/outrageous shows, Adult Swim does.

I only found out they were two discrete network this year. I always assumed "Adult Swim" was just something CN called it's evening programming :lol:
Wait
Adult swim isnt just cn late night programming :nerd:

Nah it isn't. It is own discrete network now. I think it started out as just a nightly block but they expanded it.

Turner just owns both of them, so they share space on one channel.

Cartoon Network is most during the day, and Adult Swim from 8pm-6am

:smh:

Different strokes

I feel you I get that a lot but sometimes I feel people just think OG is better.

Just looking back I don't think I can sit down and watch an episode of dexters lab or Ed etc with out being bored and not even laughing.

Powerpuff Girls Return to Cartoon Network: See the New Photos From the Reboot

1433871323_powerpuff-girls-467.jpg

Saving the world before bedtime! The Powerpuff Girls are back! Cartoon Network has rebooted the beloved animated series, following the adventures of schoolgirls Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup as they use their superpowers to fight crime.

The three sisters, borne of scientist father Professor Utonium and an experiment with Chemical X, are returning to the network for a new run of episodes set to debut in 2016. The new Powerpuff Girls will be voiced by Amanda Leighton as Blossom, Kristen Li as Bubbles, and Natalie Palamides as Buttercup.

PPG_Group_NoNames-467.jpg

The original series, which ran from 1996 to 2005, was created by Craig McCracken and won two Emmy awards over its 78-episode (and one movie) run. Tom Kenny, who voiced the Narrator/Mayor in the original series, will reprise his role for the reboot.

"It has been wonderful to see this new show team bring such passion and positive creative spirit to this iconic property," Cartoon Network Chief Content Officer Rob Sorcher said in a statement. "We know that fans of every age will appreciate this new take on saving the world before bedtime."

In addition to the new series, there will also be new toys, a series of books, costumes, and home entertainment releases.

Don't give a dam

Yes that show was the **** but bring back

Dexter....(the whole damn cartoon block)

Cn is ***

Back
Top Bottom