Celebrities you may not know are Latino

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Plus, just because you're dark skin, or have some features of a white or black person, doesn't make them just black or white or whatever. Again, there are a few Africans(black and white), Euros, Asians,etc. They migrated there, but ultimately, due to years of migration, and interixing with the natives of these countries and islands, We're mixed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Puerto_Rico

Nationality:
noun: American (US citizens)
adjective: Puerto Rican
Ethnic Groups (2010):[SUP][33][/SUP][SUP][34][/SUP]
  • White 75.8%; (mostly Spanish origin)
  • Black 12.4%;
  • Asian 0.2%;
  • Amerindian 0.5%;
  • Mixed and Other 11.1%
Religions: Roman Catholic 85%, Protestant and other 15%
Languages: Spanish (main language), English
Literacy:
definition: age 15 and over can read and write
total population: 94.1%
male: 93.9%
female: 94.4% (2002 est.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_the_Dominican_Republic

[h3]Nationality[/h3]

noun: Dominican(s)
adjective: Dominican
[h3]Ethnic groups[/h3]

mixed 73%, white 16%, black 11%
[h3]Religions[/h3]

Roman Catholic 95%, other 5%
[h3]Languages[/h3]

Spanish
[h3]Literacy[/h3]

definition: age 15 and older can read and write
total population: 87%
male: 86.8%
female: 87.2% (2002 census)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Cuba

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TH]

Ethnic groups
[/TH]
[TD]
Whites: 65.05%
Mulattoes: 23.84%
Blacks: 10.08%
Asians: 1.02%
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Religions[/TH]
[TD]Nominally 85% Roman Catholic prior to the Revolution; Protestants, Jehovah's Witnesses, Muslims, Jews, and Santeria are also represented.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Languages[/TH]
[TD]
Spanish
English
Haitian Creole
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Literacy[/TH]
[TD]Total population: 99.8% (2002 census)
Male: 99.8%
Female: 99.8%
Definition: age 15 and over can read and write
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Yea I'm going to trust statistics from a culture that denies their African heritage. Brilliant. African Americans can be mixed as well but a lot of them self-identify as "Black". You know damn well there are Cubans darker than me tum' bout I'm mixed. GTOOHWTBS :lol:

Did this dude just say "African migrated here"?

I'm dying right now. :lol: Dude probably thinks the slaves were drinking watermelon shakes and singing negro spirituals all day without working. :lol:

\
The same ppl getting on ninjahood are probably some of the same that wouldn't talk to a dark skinned female or want a female that doesn't have natural hair, etc but are quick to point out what someone else's flaws are as far as race.

Generalizations :pimp:

And just cause someone doesn't want to be called black doesn't mean I'm not gonna call them black. If they black they're black :lol:

As far as hispanics calling each other papi and black ppl calling each other the n word I have to laugh cuz if I walk the streets of nyc now I know I'm coming across more hispanic kids calling each other the n word than black kids.

:lol: @ Haitians and Domincans being the same comment. I been felt the same.

Those Hispanic kids are actually black and the black kids are actually Hispanic.

this

Master Zik = prejudice.
:wow:

*cue weebay gif*

I must be white then...Now homeboy wanna be indenial with the stats that I dropped. Lmao. And he's trying to reword my wording. This is appalling. No doubt bruh bruh. Facts are facts.

I'm a scientist, you can't throw the word "fact" around and expect me to cosign. My interpretation of those "facts" is a reflection of some of the sentiments in this thread. Denial? Oh the irony. :nerd:

The question is still on the table, you can ignore it as much as you want but I will keep bringing it up. Why aren't African American's "mixed"? Genetically a lot of African Americans are mixed with white and indian yet they are black and Dominicans and Afro-cubans are not.

Last edited:
Lol. Those Aframs that are mixed, ARE mixed. Whether they deny it, that's on them or you bruh. Latino is a culture, with white, black, asian, and mixed people. Majority are mixed. Simple. You're not jusr black,white, or w/e. We're mostly harnizo, mulato, mestizo, or one of those man made names, just like every other race. At the end of the day, these different races are man made and the only scientifically proven race for us is the homosapien, human race. The rest are made up subraces

Race is a social construct, yet people like you and ninjahood call people black and make yourselves exempt from the label. :nerd:

Interesting how a celebrity thread has morphed into a Ninja thread...lol.
For the record, if you are born on American soil, you are AMERICAN...no hyphens necessary PERIOD
Says who? A person can be proud to be an American and still acknowledge their descendants. 

but if my parents were born in another country, i'm ________ American right?

I would say no. It's pretty cut & dry. Either you're American or your not. There really is no grey area. It's rare that you see an American born Caucasian say they are European-American, German-American, British-American, etc. It shouldn't be different for anyone else. It's YOUR country, rep it! And your parents are just from wherever they are from.

its crazy , in miami i dont think ive ever actually witnessed

any "whites" being racist ive heard "n_er" dropped by more

dominicans,colombians and nicaraguans than anyone

i think in the dominican republic there are cases of baseball

players not being allowed to go pro because the dominican

republic wont grant them a passport because one of the parents

was from haiti......

Up to 1 million Dominicans of Haitian ancestry are “stateless,” Washington says

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/lo...-of-Haitian-ancestry-are-stateless-Washington

Lol. Those Aframs that are mixed, ARE mixed. Whether they deny it, that's on them or you bruh. Latino is a culture, with white, black, asian, and mixed people. Majority are mixed. Simple. You're not jusr black,white, or w/e. We're mostly harnizo, mulato, mestizo, or one of those man made names, just like every other race. At the end of the day, these different races are man made and the only scientifically proven race for us is the homosapien, human race. The rest are made up subraces
+ 1 papi

I'm not black...lol it's evident from the pic. I'm a lightskinned Puertoriqueno-americano. I have Spaniard, Asian and maybe some African.

If Dominicans and Afro-cubans aren't black then neither are African Americans.

lol @ "maybe".

Last edited:
Man, the Romo/Sanchez and exerpts from the Fat Joe thread nearly made me **** and piss myself

I also found the "maybe some African" comment hilarious too, like he let out a deep sigh of dejection before he said it :lol:

Last edited:
Dominicans aren't Black or African descendents. Simple as that. Google it and get the info from valid sources. They have less Black than White in them as a matter of fact. The rest is mixed. PR are HIGHLY Europeon, but are mixed with a small portion of Arawak Indian and some African(black), as well as much more.Facts bruh bruh.

:stoneface: You can't be serious.

I
id have to get a ancestry test. I see nothing bur mestizos and harnizos in my fams.

wth is a Harnizo? I wanna see ninjahood take one and get disappointed. It will be like that episode of boondocks where Ruckus finds out he's 102 percent African, with a 2 percent margin of error. :lol:

^you're an idiot Thunder. kind of funny how you're a closet racist towards black people

having a spanish last name makes you "latino"?

i guess all those asians in the phillipines are latino/hispanic
his name is juan, definitely latino

...No.

I think having latino parents has something to do with it, it's not just their name, dude. >D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom