Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not a 9-5 slave

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I am an introvert
I like being alone
I like eating alone
I dont like small talk

I realized a while back that my personality wont fit in the career I want(social services).
I have lost out on opportunities in past jobs because I wasnt "out going" or bubbly

So I decided to create a Job personality.

Today I ate lunch with a group of staff and I did not want to go, but I went.
I smiled and bought and ate that sucky 9 dollar grilled cheese sandwich
I force my self to smile( and show teeth) and laugh at unfunny jokes
I would just usually chill in my car but I played the part.

Anybody else do this...

I don't change my personality, I can't, I won't. Subsquently, this is my third year in a row getting fired 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I'm terrible at faking conversations. I feel like it's super transparent that I'm not enjoying myself when I try to fake enthusiasm in a convo.

My sister works in an office and my other sister's a nurse so they both have to be really social, I feel like they have it down to a pat. I think you build it up just like any other social skill to the point where it just becomes second nature. It drains the hell out of me to fake interest in a person or conversation, but I think if you keep doing it, at some point it'll just be natural.

Like Doctors who build up their bedside manner skills. If you work in an office, you gotta build up that office small talk skill.

Last edited:
Nah. My personality is one which fits the working environment in most cases. I'm an introvert, but I get along with people when it's time to interact. I stick to myself, but I somehow maintain this air of approachability about myself. I get invited out to lunch with peers. Sometimes I go, sometimes I don't. Never got any drawback from my work behavior.

Well.. Today was my first day at my new job

This dude came over to fix my robot

As he was working on that I glanced over to see this white woman with an ***........ That looked like two big scoops of raisins n ****.

Im talking bout playa that *** was right.

Small talk was interesting

I never worked anywhere where I couldn't just do me.

Idk I'm kind of quiet but not because I'm shy. I just don't need to be the center of attention. I'm friends with a lot of old co workers and some work for me now.

I'd just get fired I guess if I was put in a situation where they wanted me to act a certain way. Jobs are a dime a dozen for line cooks. You can smack your boss and be in the next big restaurant tomorrow if you got the skill set to back it up.

Last edited:
Came into my current job as a supervisor when I was 22 and I was managing people that were in their 40s and 50s. Had to be professional. When the opportunity came for me to hire some people I made sure I got people that I would mesh with. So I went to my normal way.

Nah. My personality is one which fits the working environment in most cases. I'm an introvert, but I get along with people when it's time to interact. I stick to myself, but I somehow maintain this air of approachability about myself. I get invited out to lunch with peers. Sometimes I go, sometimes I don't. Never got any drawback from my work behavior.

My one negative thing about me is people won't talk to me who don't know me a lot of times. Apparently I look mean. I'm nice to everyone too, just don't walk around smiling for no reason.

I'm terrible at faking conversations. I feel like it's super transparent that I'm not enjoying myself when I try to fake enthusiasm in a convo.

My sister works in an office and my other sister's a nurse so they both have to be really social, I feel like they have it down to a pat. I think you build it up just like any other social skill to the point where it just becomes second nature. It drains the hell out of me to fake interest in a person or conversation, but I think if you keep doing it, at some point it'll just be natural.

Like Doctors who build up their bedside manner skills. If you work in an office, you gotta build up that office small talk skill.

I believe it will become natural after a while .

I look real fake, but it doesnt really matter because they dont know the genuine me so they cant tell im faking.
If someone I know pops up they can automatically tell

Im going to be like this during this internship

View media item 1685775

I don't change my personality, I can't, I won't. Subsquently, this is my third year in a row getting fired :lol:  

Its time to switch it up pa.

Last edited:
I feel like there are differences when it comes to women.
I believe as a woman I am expected to smile 24/7 and be jolly.

Learning how to communicate better isn't two faced. Welcome to real life, most folks are those things you described, or once were. It's just a new way to hunt so you can eat, you adapt. Or you can sit there and let other people control your destiny, don't speak, and be like dude who is fired every year.

people skills are very important. learning how to talk to people and engage in organic conversations will get you very far in life.

most likely, if you don't get a long with people and can't engage in anyone's conversations, thats a reflection of your not being very well rounded.

and likewise speaking properly and professionally is equally as important.

i feel bad for some of my homies who speak the same way they would to me in a professional environment. it's sad. 

and if it pains you that much to speak and be social...you should probably change your career.

Last edited:

I have this same thing and i don't know why. I feel like my face says "leave me alone, go away", but to other people my face screams "HELLLLLLLLLLLO THERE!!!!! HOW MAY I HELP YOU TODAY!?! ASK ME WHATEVER, CAUSE I CAN TAKE CARE OF IT"

Back
Top Bottom