Charles Barkley vol. Always HATING on Kobe (Updated page 4).

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

The point is Charles hates Kobe.... All the Kobe haters coming into this thread, unappreciated.

Charles has had beef with KB since the 7 game Suns VS Lakers series for those who don't remember.

I can't think of any other reason though. Not sure besides the titles, why Charles doesn't even acknowledge him.
We talkin' about the 06 series? Because even I had beef with Kobe. No shots in the second half? In an elimination game? Bottom line, he quit regardless if he was trying to prove a point. I'm over it, but I won't forget.

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Charles is a clown. He is that dude.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

In the end, it's his opinion. If you're hurt by it, it's because you're probably taking it as a fact when it really isn't.

Fact vs. Opinon. Very big difference. But he's a Hall of Famer, so his opinions hold some weight.

--Bro, dont know if youre bein sarcastic. Opinions are opinions. They should never hold any weight. Only facts hold weight.
grin.gif

--Lets get it though. Lemme know if yure down to watch on Monday. My bro should be in town.

^
Nah bro, I wasn't being sarcastic. I actually like Chuck regardless of what he says.

Let's be real, as fans, do we really think we know more about basketball than a Hall of Fame basketball player does? Like really? Hell naw. Even if what he says is pretty much wrong. I'll give him the credit, because dude says what he wants and stands by his word regardless of how wrong he is or how big of a hater he comes off as. He knows his basketball more than we do, that's why his opinion holds some weight.

^
--Gotcha gotcha. Charles is that dude though. Need his Yin to Kenny Smith's Yang. Or vice versa.

Originally Posted by JUS3

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

DWill just got done with his press conference tonight after getting swept and was saying "Kobe man, people like Chuck make him mad by calling him old & done saying he can't score 30 points anymore" .
He made himself look like a complete idiot. CWebb, EJ, and Kenny were just laughing at him
smh.gif
laugh.gif
i need video of this

Charles " I stick to what I said, his days of putting up FORTY a night are done" ...Something along those lines, lmao. This dude just keeps getting dumber and dumber.

yea he played the game, but you don't have to be in the NBA to see he's a hater.

so are you hurt cuz of that or what...

charles is known to like big men most of the time. just deal with it

Those days where Kobe puts up 30 and 40 a night are over because his team is stacked... not because he can't anymore.

Chuck is a legend, HOF'er, and all that good stuff... but he's an idiot plain and simple. If he was a GM he'd be worse than MJ on the wizards

Charles Barkley changes his opinion every other day ... PLUS he's been on Lebron's +%+% for a while too. Like, the Cavs will blow the Magic out? Really?

But ...

IMO, Chris Webber is worse with his overall comments.

We talkin' about the 06 series? Because even I had beef with Kobe. No shots in the second half? In an elimination game? Bottom line, he quit regardless if he was trying to prove a point. I'm over it, but I won't forget.

I believe the beef was about Kobe shooting too much, not too little.

Btw, Kobe had 23 points in the first half of that game and the Lakers lost that half by 15.

Kobe had 1 point in the second half and the Lakers lost that half by 16.

The Lakers scored 45 points in each half.

Kobe scored 17 points in the second quarter and the Lakers only won the quarter by 2 points.

That isn't exactly a recipe for success, which is the point of playing the game.

He didn't make a significant difference in that game even when he was shooting.  I remember reading a blog entry by Lazenby or someone else stating the idea that if the Lakers were going to go down, they'd at least go down playing the right way, not relying on Kobe to score every point.  It was the key to their success in that series.  They just couldn't get it to work for a fourth game.

I'm over it, but I won't forget.

I'd make that statement about Odom, Brown, and Parker's combination of poor rebounding and defensive rotations at the end of regulation in Game 6 of that series before I'd make it about Kobe's no show in the second half of Game 7.

Regarding the topic, Charles was hating, but it doesn't turn me off to the show. It's more his general lack of insight and need to repeat the same point three times before giving up the spotlight that make their post game show less and less watchable. Still, there's nothing better and like someone else said, a show with Webber, Mashburn, and Rose would be boring.

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

I believe the beef was about Kobe shooting too much, not too little.

Btw, Kobe had 23 points in the first half of that game and the Lakers lost that half by 15.

Kobe had 1 point in the second half and the Lakers lost that half by 16.

The Lakers scored 45 points in each half.

Kobe scored 17 points in the second quarter and the Lakers only won the quarter by 2 points.

That isn't exactly a recipe for success, which is the point of playing the game.

He didn't make a significant difference in that game even when he was shooting.  I remember reading a blog entry by Lazenby or someone else stating the idea that if the Lakers were going to go down, they'd at least go down playing the right way, not relying on Kobe to score every point.  It was the key to their success in that series.  They just couldn't get it to work for a fourth game.

I'm over it, but I won't forget.

I'd make that statement about Odom, Brown, and Parker's combination of poor rebounding and defensive rotations at the end of regulation in Game 6 of that series before I'd make it about Kobe's no show in the second half of Game 7.

Regarding the topic, Charles was hating, but it doesn't turn me off to the show. It's more his general lack of insight and need to repeat the same point three times before giving up the spotlight that make their post game show less and less watchable. Still, there's nothing better and like someone else said, a show with Webber, Mashburn, and Rose would be boring.

From a numbers stand point, I see where you're going and I agree. Even if he did try to shoot the Lakers back into the game, it still wouldn't have been enough. For that series to go to being a possible upset to a choke job really got me mad.

But from how I saw it, as a fan, the way he just let the team go out like that pissed me off. There's different angles on how fans viewed that game, and in my personal opinion and angle, he quit and the team quit with him.

I just didn't like the way the Lakers went out without a fight.

Honestly Chuck is cool with me on his comments and opinions.

He may say stuff that make people think he's a Kobe hater, but Chuck & Kobe have said a couple times that they have a pretty good relationship and respect each other.

Also long before game 7 in the 2006 1st round Kobe was being accused of quitting on his teammates or sabotaging games and playing selfishly by refusing to take shots to send a message.

It happened before in a regular season game in the 03-04 season against the Kings at Arco when GP & Mailman were playing for the Lakers.

^

I was about to bring that up in regards to that 03-04 game. I still remember that Kings game vividly. Kobe in the French Blue XIIs and the Lakers were wearing the Blue throwbacks.

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

^

I was about to bring that up in regards to that 03-04 game. I still remember that Kings game vividly. Kobe in the French Blue XIIs and the Lakers were wearing the Blue throwbacks.

Yeah the story goes that the next day at practice Kobe came in fuming and demanded to find out who made those comments to the press about him. Which of course none of the teammates said a word and were not going to admit to it.

Rumor has it that it was Karl Malone who said something to press like "Man I can't believe Kobe played like that and betrayed us today".

i dont know if this is the game u guys are talkin about, but it was suns/lakers playoff game when he had no supporting cast. he basically took like 1 shot in the second half just to show that the lakers cant win with him playing as a team. Im not even a Laker fan but I wanted them to win as the underdog and Kobe just straight up gave up. That was the dumbest way to send a message. I mean, why couldn't he shoot like 5-6 times in the flow of the game AND pass to his teammates. It was evident that he was purposely just not shooting to show that they would lose. Even if you want to pass like that, you should do that from the beginning of the game, not just give up in the 2nd half. imagine how his teammates felt after that game. im pretty damn sure your teammates' confidence would drop when your superstar just quits and starts passing on every play. not saying the lakers wouldve won but the way he handled it was... smh...

LOL@ laker fans still thinking kobe could avg 30+.

i mean utah is known for their defense. i mean not doubling ever and fouling all the time.

kobe will avg between 24 to 27 in the league and you know i'm pretty accurate.

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

i mean utah is known for their defense. i mean not doubling ever and fouling all the time.

laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Are u serious ?

Kobe can still average 30+ a game if he wanted to. But the fact is most logical NBA & Laker fans on here knows he does not have to because his current Laker team around him has enough talent where he doesn't have to score and average 35 ppg a night and for season like he did in 05-06 season where he had Smush Parker, Kwame Brown as starters on his team where he had to score that much just to get the Lakers into the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed.

Hannsum & youngcheezy are alllowed to disrupt an otherwise intelligent discussion with nonsense & trolling ? Did Nketalk lower its standards?

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

eyes.gif

--This guy...LOL at you thinking he cant homes.
--You still that dude though. We need un-insightful guys on these boards to keep things entertaining.

Kobe could put up 32-34 a game if he wanted to but that's not a recipe for team sucess.
laugh.gif
at people thinking Kobe is washed up, still has the next 3 years to play at this current level which is still good for top 3 in the league easily.

I swear you guys really don't remember how good Kobe was if you think he is as good as he was, he's obviously still a very good player but he is no longer in his prime years.

Back
Top Bottom