chicago bulls expected to hire Doug Collins as head coach

Originally Posted by finnns2003

laugh.gif
bring the perm back doug

blonde?

I don't care if he told too many anecdotes, I always feel as if the game is more important if he's doing the color commentary. His combination ofknowledge and command of the mic are at the top as far as color analysts go. He and Bob Costas were my favorite team of all-time.

NO GO!
laugh.gif

i'm sure many of you will be pleased
or displeased - those who didn't like him on TNT.

CHICAGO -- Doug Collins isn't coming back to the Chicago Bulls after all, citing a mutualagreement with Bulls owner Jerry Reinsdorf that the team will continue its coaching search without him.

"I just knew over the last few days that Jerry was really struggling over whether or not to do this, and I didn't want Jerry to have thosestruggles," Collins told the Chicago Tribune for a story posted on the paper's Web site. "I love him. And I didn't want him feeling that kindof angst.

"This is absolutely mutual," Collins told the Tribune. "When this first came about, there was a tremendous amount of excitement about thispossibility. And I'm losing that. The feeling now is more, 'Should I do this?' Once I got to that point, it meant no. I always make decisions yesis yes, no is no and maybe is no.

"Jerry knows me well enough to know the only way I could do this is if I was totally engaged. And I just couldn't do that now."

Reinsdorf told the Tribune: "As time went on, he came to realize that there are good coaches out there and we will be able to get somebody and thatit's more important for us to maintain our friendship. I didn't push him to this. And I'm disappointed because I won't be reunited with Doug.But in my heart, I know he made the right decision."

On May 29, ESPN confirmed reports from Chicago-area media outlets that the Bulls intended to announce that Collins would leave his TV career to take over asthe Bulls' head coach. The Bulls denied the reports that day, saying "contrary to some reports that are currently out there, we have not reached anagreement."

Collins, working for TNT on the NBA playoffs that night, said: "I have not been offered. I have not accepted." The Bulls have been without a headcoach for seven weeks since firing

Sacramento Kings assistant coach Chuck Person was set to have a second interview with theChicago Bulls for their vacant head coaching job, the Associated Press reported earlier this week.

eek.gif
eek.gif
what The Rifleman is a candidate for the job? Chuck should get the job just based off of his nick name alone

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

At least we won't have to hear that crap on TNT next year, but the year after, he'll be back with TNT again.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Honestly is this the state we are in for coaching candidates when a team concludes Doug Collins is their #1 choice?

Exactly, I think this is a terrible choice. There were many other candidates out there that in my opinion would've worked out better.

Back
Top Bottom