CHICKS THAT TRIP OVER KICKS...

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys, don't know if this discussion has ever been posted, but I haven't seen it so here it goes... how does your mate (mostly girls) feel about you being on a sneaker forum? buying a fresh pair at least once a month?, hunting down and running around to find that specific shoe you love, the camp outs?, waking early just for a chance to buy online, and oh yes our beloved sneaker conversations..

my lady thinks iam crazy, even though she buys shoes and a few kicks (air max etc),she just cant understand the whole talking about sneakers, camping, calling every store, shoe forums etc..so when she comes around I usually switch my screen to something else like twitter lol, I say stuff like "these are not new I been had em" or "nah I didn't buy these, I made a trade for em",and her favorite "nah these the black ones I got the whites" is it only me or does anyone  else  feel the need at time's  to hide your hobby, collection, akicktion (addiction) or how ever you choose to call it, from your significant other cant tell you how many times I said..  "this is my last pair" haha!   much respect.
wink.gif
 not leaving out my sneaker chicks this situation could be you,vise versa "1 love"

Nah.  I don't feel that I have to hide it but I have definitely used  the" I've been had these" line.  
laugh.gif

It gets to the point where I have to try and hide it but it's really hard to do so when you're buying shoes every other week. "I been had these" and "I have a different colorway not these" are go to lines for me.

Just explain its an expensive hobby thats all. Tell her you could be collectin modern day baseball/basketball cards instead hahaha

thx fellas, luckily I don't have this problem anymore, my lady respect  it and excepts it now,,(kinda)  but I do use lines every now and then, this is a topic I have heard a lot of collectors of  and close friends talk about, even  seen some of my ppl stash kicks In other places, like it's work! its just funny to me how no matter how old we get we all have a little baby boy (Jodie) in our hearts, I didn't start collecting to be the flyest dude or for the hype, but because I was really a mj fan and every shoe I own holds significance to me, and now she kinda understand it we cool, but iam sure we all have done this bout something in our life..

I've been married going on 9 years and my wife just shakes her head when I walk in with a new pair of shoes.  
happy.gif
  She understands though because I don't really spend money on anything else other than her and our two daughters.  
roll.gif
 Since my home is full of estrogen a new pair of kicks is definitely my outlet!

I think at a point, you get so many pairs that they lose count. You just have to blend the new box in with the big stacks of kicks you already have. It's extra-tough to explain when you're doubling up on the pair. "Don't worry, I'll sell them later."

Last edited:
She respects it now and also expects it regularly........she understands what significance it has to me now ......also the way I put it one day was that yes I am addicted but at least it aint drugs or alcohol.........lol at the "this my last pair"....used that so many times........I have also used "but I am almost done completing my collection"

I always use, "I can sell em for more than what I bought em for." Knowingly that they ain't going anywhere besides my closet.

I always use, "I can sell em for more than what I bought em for." Knowingly that they ain't going anywhere besides my closet.
classic line lol. also use the "this is the last one for a while", which i actually do follow most of the time.

At first, I would get the "you're spending too much money on shoes" speech. Now, she understands its my only hobby and even make suggestions as to what to buy. She entered a raffle and won me a pair of Bred 4s as well.

Used to have this problem till I bought her a matching pair of the obsidians last summer. A few people complimenting her later and she's heavy in the game now 
pimp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom