CHICKS THAT TRIP OVER KICKS...

hey guys, don't know if this discussion has ever been posted, but I haven't so here it goes... how does your mate (mostly girls) feel about you being on a sneaker forum? buying a fresh pair at least once a month?, hunting down and running around to find that specific shoe you love, the camp outs?, waking early just for a chance to buy online, and oh yes our beloved sneaker conversations..

my lady thinks iam crazy, even though she buys shoes and a few kicks (air max etc),she just cant understand the whole talking about sneakers, camping, calling every store, shoe forums etc..so when she comes around I usually switch my screen to something else like twitter lol, I say stuff like "these are not new I been had em" or "nah I didn't buy these, I made a trade for em",and her favorite "nah these the black ones I got the whites" is it only me or does anyone  else  feel the need at time's  to hide your hobby, collection, akicktion (addiction) or how ever you choose to call it, from your significant other cant tell you how many times I said..  "this is my last pair" haha!   much respect.
wink.gif
 not leaving out my sneaker chicks this situation could be  seen ityou,vise versa "1 love"

No problem with the accumulation of kicks with any girl I've met. When they see the amount of shoes, it's simply "oh". (Funny thing is I got over 75 pairs chilling in my moms crib).

Honestly I don't talk about it cause frankly I don't like talking about it. As silly as it sounds. I don't camp out. It's online or bust, and I buy a lot of "non-hype" shoes as well (Vans, Air Maxes).

My house is in order, that is more important.

My exes were itches about it but my new lady( I see her becoming my wife) thinks its cute because she collects " red" bottoms herself but we both decided to chill because of a couple of trips we want to take, plus I find myself wearing more vans and runners so I have sold alot and gave away alot
But I say as long as your bills and savings are straight then a woman, family, whomever shouldn't really have a problem with it

Get ready to hear how NT is "over" kicks

You are a grown man, you shouldnt have to front.
She is not paying for them
 I knew someone would reply like that,
mean.gif
its not about me being grown,or having my own money dude, its just battle of the sexes, and seeing thing's differently, in life men an women always had things they love the other taught was petty, so they did things to hide it,  man is a man either way it just keeping peace, an iam sure some of us have done it about something before...

I knew someone would reply like that,
mean.gif
its not about me being grown,or having my own money dude, its just battle of the sexes, and seeing thing's differently, in life men an women always had things they love the other taught was petty, so they did things to hide it,  man is a man either way it just keeping peace, an iam sure some of us have done it about something before...
You should be with someone who respects the things you are passionate about, if she doesn't then kick that trick to the curb. It's as simple as that.

My exes were itches about it but my new lady( I see her becoming my wife) thinks its cute because she collects " red" bottoms herself but we both decided to chill because of a couple of trips we want to take, plus I find myself wearing more vans and runners so I have sold alot and gave away alot
But I say as long as your bills and savings are straight then a woman, family, whomever shouldn't really have a problem with it
my point exactly, some chicks dig it some don't,this is a topic that me and few good friends were discussing earlier, always thought it was a good topic, now don't get me wrong after a while my lady understood that I been doing this since elementary, and I will never stop, but good  topic cant wait to read some of the stories..respect

I think it's just a matter of how much she sees and has to listen to about your sneakers. If she's not into it, she's gonna see it as a turn off to some extent. We're all pretty much slightly more fashionable comic book geeks (and not in all cases) so imagine sitting with your girl telling her about your first edition silver surfer while y'all are camped out overnight to watch and critique Iron Man 3. Just go about your biz and don't talk about it around her so much. When she nags you about "Is that another new pair?!" Just look her dead in the eye and say "yep."

You should be with someone who respects the things you are passionate about, if she doesn't then kick that trick to the curb. It's as simple as that.
You should be with someone who respects the things you are passionate about, if she doesn't then kick that trick to the curb. It's as simple as thatlol
lol  if it were a war in my house over kicks,then yeah it would..it's more a debate of not understanding why we do it, my lady is cool, but I have known a few of my ppl that go through it an still do, this happened to me few times in the start of relationships, all good now

I think it's just a matter of how much she sees and has to listen to about your sneakers. If she's not into it, she's gonna see it as a turn off to some extent. We're all pretty much slightly more fashionable comic book geeks (and not in all cases) so imagine sitting with your girl telling her about your first edition silver surfer while y'all are camped out overnight to watch and critique Iron Man 3. Just go about your biz and don't talk about it around her so much. When she nags you about "Is that another new pair?!" Just look her dead in the eye and say "yep."
pimp.gif
 preach!

Now I had an argument with an ex over how much I would spend on kicks( when I was buying 3-4) releases a month and how I was weird because I am a guy who collects shoes but then I hit her with you buy all this damn makeup and purses and you still average
Lets just say I never heard from her again and my space jams came up missing the next day lol

Last edited:
yeah that my  line, "whats up with all ya pocket books and shoes" at least my kicks have a value to em, ya baker's joints,, don't..
laugh.gif

Now I had an argument with an ex over how much I would spend on kicks( when I was buying 3-4) releases a month and how I was weird because I am a guy who collects shoes but then I hit her with you buy all this damn makeup and purses and you still average
Lets just say I never heard from her again and my space jams came up missing the next day lol

Last edited:
i would never be with a girl that doesnt respect something im passionate about. why have to hide your true self? smh cant do that bruh especially over a female.

I dont talk about my sneaker collection to chicks,

They find out when i bring em back to da crib..when they ask

"Why so many?" I keep it short & sweet. "I gotta stay

Fly ma, u already know what it is b".
bingo. usually my fresh clothes and shoes is what attracts them. it has never been an issue for me

hey guys, don't know if this discussion has ever been posted, but I haven't so here it goes... how does your mate (mostly girls) feel about you being on a sneaker forum? buying a fresh pair at least once a month?, hunting down and running around to find that specific shoe you love, the camp outs?, waking early just for a chance to buy online, and oh yes our beloved sneaker conversations..

my lady thinks iam crazy, even though she buys shoes and a few kicks (air max etc),she just cant understand the whole talking about sneakers, camping, calling every store, shoe forums etc..so when she comes around I usually switch my screen to something else like twitter lol, I say stuff like "these are not new I been had em" or "nah I didn't buy these, I made a trade for em",and her favorite "nah these the black ones I got the whites" is it only me or does anyone  else  feel the need at time's  to hide your hobby, collection, akicktion (addiction) or how ever you choose to call it, from your significant other cant tell you how many times I said..  "this is my last pair" haha!   much respect.:wink:  not leaving out my sneaker chicks this situation could be  seen ityou,vise versa "1 love"

so corny smh

and no i dont need to hide it from my gf cuz im not beta

I dont talk about my sneaker collection to chicks,

They find out when i bring em back to da crib..when they ask

"Why so many?" I keep it short & sweet. "I gotta stay

Fly ma, u already know what it is b".

:rofl: said you already know what it is b :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom