Christopher Nolans INTERSTELLAR (Nov 7, 2014) - Run Time = 2hrs 49mins

If it is packed at your theater and you'd wind up getting bad seats, I would wait a week. I think this will have
Also the scene when they went through the wormhole on an IMAX screen was :wow: :pimp:

Although it is not my favorite Nolan film I have been thinking about this movie all day at work. I was thinking of different ways that the Matt Damon sequence could have worked better for me imo. Like the comment above I think they could have found him dead (then could have any actor or not show the body like the first world they visited) then have TARS show that he falsified his research followed by Anne Hathaway finding out her father died and sent them on a doomed mission from the start. That would have been a better emotional punch for me considering how much time has gone by on Earth.
When they announced Matt Damon, they were secretive about his role, but I have no idea why. It's not like a major third act reveal or anything. Many people in the theater were surprised that he was in the movie, and I think it took a lot of people out of it. From a marketing standpoint it would have been really advantageous to add Damon to the marquee as well. IMO, the biggest misstep was mentioning Plan A and Plan B in the first act. IMO, Michael Caine's deception would have had more impact if the crew had no idea that Plan B ever existed.
The biggest question I have is, what if Spielberg had directed this film as originally intended. As much as I love Nolan, Spielberg is the master of creating sci-fi stories that can really tug at your heartstrings.

If it is packed at your theater and you'd wind up getting bad seats, I would wait a week. I think this will have
When they announced Matt Damon, they were secretive about his role, but I have no idea why. It's not like a major third act reveal or anything. Many people in the theater were surprised that he was in the movie, and I think it took a lot of people out of it. From a marketing standpoint it would have been really advantageous to add Damon to the marquee as well. IMO, the biggest misstep was mentioning Plan A and Plan B in the first act. IMO, Michael Caine's deception would have had more impact if the crew had no idea that Plan B ever existed.
The biggest question I have is, what if Spielberg had directed this film as originally intended. As much as I love Nolan, Spielberg is the master of creating sci-fi stories that can really tug at your heartstrings.

I don't think any human who has ever lived could have directed that film better but I do think Chris Nolan the writer failed Chris Nolan the director.

Just got back from seeing it. I liked it, but then I didn't. It's a really weird feeling, I don't really know how to describe it :lol:. I liked the story, I just felt like some of the scenes and sequences could've been done differently (or, honestly, not done at all). Visuals were amazing. Music was great too. Some of the more dramatic and pivotal scenes with the music blaring in the background had me :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: 'ing. I wanna say I'd give it a 6-7 out of 10. I wanna see it again, but not exactly sure if I wanna go in the next few weeks or just wait for the Blu-ray.

Last edited:
Told my friend to buy ticket he got them for 2 AM saying everything else sold out. :smh::smh: gonna come out at 5 AM and have breakfast maybe halal guys might be closing up by then.

Don't really know where my stance is with this film. Nolan is by far one of my favorite directors and I will thoroughly watch any film he makes. With that said, I feel like I need another viewing before giving my final opinion.

Though from yesterday's premiere I felt a bit disappointed. There's A LOT that I liked about the film. Many of the visuals were incredible, especially in IMAX. Really liked the story. But my problem is that it never truly grabbed me like his other films. A lot of the dialogue dragged and it was anti-climatic, especially during some incredibly important scenes. And as much as I Loved the visuals, I kind of felt that it was missing more of them. Not to mention how great that TARS was; he really deserved more dialogue. He was probably thee most charismatic character in the entire film.

I'll tell you this much, I've been thinking about this film all day...trying to understand the most I can about it.

That's only from my first viewing. I should be re watching it very soon.

Wonderful movie

Could see why some wouldn't like it

But I'll touch on a few questions later on :lol:

Alright,

So after seeing it last night, thinking about it, non stop all night, I think this may be one of the best movies I've ever seen. (IMHO)

I mean the emotion, the story, the cinematography, the visuals, the acting, it's ALL there. Matthew McConaughey absolutely killed this role. I mean I couldn't see anyone else doing it. Every piece of dialogue delivered with emotion, with purpose. 
pimp.gif

Jessica Chastain, does her thing. I wish she was in it more. The eureka part was kinda corny, but needed at that time.

Anne Hathaway was fine, she's like Jeremy Renner to me. Not a brilliant actor, just fine. She could have easily been a different actor and the film wouldn't have skipped a beat imo.

Michael Caine, maaaaannnn, "Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; rage, rage against the dying of the light."  
eek.gif
pimp.gif
  Huge fan of Michael Caine, and the last scene he was in, real tears bruh..
When Cooper saw his son age through 23 years and was crying :frown: Got me man, Time is relative. That whole concept just absolutely fascinates me. 
When he see's his daughter for the first time in the video :frown: when he was crying, goddamnit McConaughey, y u do dis to my feels.

I know people think the whole Love is the only thing that can transcend time and space thing is cheesy, but I loved they added that and it just made the film that much better.

Questions:

How did he get into that 5th dimension? With the bookshelves? through space? That's interesting.

How the bloody hell did he end up on that planet in Saturn :lol:

I wish they would have extended the movie 15 more minutes and shown more about the new planet, and what happened to earth?

The whole "they" concept was interesting to me as well, I wonder if Nolan implied that it was a godlike force, or something else. 

Last edited:
Alright,

So after seeing it last night, thinking about it, non stop all night, I think this may be one of the best movies I've ever seen. (IMHO)

I mean the emotion, the story, the cinematography, the visuals, the acting, it's ALL there. Matthew McConaughey absolutely killed this role. I mean I couldn't see anyone else doing it. Every piece of dialogue delivered with emotion, with purpose. :pimp:
Jessica Chastain, does her thing. I wish she was in it more. The eureka part was kinda corny, but needed at that time.

Anne Hathaway was fine, she's like Jeremy Renner to me. Not a brilliant actor, just fine. She could have easily been a different actor and the film wouldn't have skipped a beat imo.

Michael Caine, maaaaannnn, "Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; rage, rage against the dying of the light."  :wow: :pimp:   Huge fan of Michael Caine, and the last scene he was in, real tears bruh..

When Cooper saw his son age through 23 years and was crying :frown: Got me man, Time is relative. That whole concept just absolutely fascinates me. 
When he see's his daughter for the first time in the video :frown: when he was crying, goddamnit McConaughey, y u do dis to my feels.

I know people think the whole Love is the only thing that can transcend time and space thing is cheesy, but I loved they added that and it just made the film that much better.

Questions:

How did he get into that 5th dimension? With the bookshelves? through space? That's interesting.

How the bloody hell did he end up on that planet in Saturn :lol:

I wish they would have extended the movie 15 more minutes and shown more about the new planet, and what happened to earth?

The whole "they" concept was interesting to me as well, I wonder if Nolan implied that it was a godlike force, or something else. 

Answers.

1. Quantum theory and relativity physics are the two main theories of how reality works but they don't mix with each other, apparently gravity is the sticking point.

Eisenstein tried to combine physics and quantum mechanics into one unified theory, he failed to do so before he died. Scientists have been trying ever since, one theory is that there are actually 5 dimensions instead of four. 5th dimension being space-time. So coop got sucked into a black hole and was sent into a 5th dimension made of time, where I guess he could effect our observable dimension with gravity. ie sending the coordinates or hitting the books.

2. The people who sent the messages to coop closed the 5th dimension and sent him back to our dimension where someone would come and pick him up, since time is relative lots of time has passed since he sent that message but he was only in that dimension for a short period of time.

3. I thought it was humans in the distant future (Anne Hathaways colony ) who have completely figure out quantum mechanics and physics and are so advanced they can effect space time. and create worm holes. since they did that they figured they go and save more people by saving the people on earth by leaving the worm hole there and I guess since time is relative he is just getting sucked into the black hole, they can save coop, get him to transmit the data.

worm hole is the purely theoretical thing in the film, it's never been obsrved so humans/they would have to create it.
9mm and having to f w/ a potential line/bad seats or 4k with assigned seats and recliners?

Last edited:
70mm and having to f w/ a potential line/bad seats or 4k with assigned seats and recliners?

Last edited:
I am thinking of seeing it again in IMAX. The experience was just that good. Plus knowing what happens I want to listen more in depth to the conversations between Cooper and the crew when they explain the theory of relativity so I can try and make a little more sense of the final act. I will probably just confuse myself even more but what the hell :lol:

Saw it at loews lincoln square in nyc today. So lucky to live near the biggest screen in the country. Best cinematic experience ever for me. Did Hans Zimmer release a soundtrack for this movie? The music score was tremendous

Rather than amending my review, I'm just going to post this video from Mark Kermode of the BBC. I agree with 99% of this thoughts. Especially with the fact that Interstellar was not as good as Inception, The Prestige and Batman Begins.

Nolan films ranked imo

TDK
Inception
The Prestige
BB
Memento
TDKR
Interstellar (as of right now, I might appreciate the film more in the future)
Insomnia
Following

Nolan needs to suck it up and start working with with some good screenwriters (besides his brother), dialogue gets more and more cringe with each movie

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom