Closed

@AdamSchefter"Bears gave DE Jared Allen a four-year, $32M deal that voids down to three years of $24M, of which $15.5M is fully guaranteed."

:wow: I wanted Jared Allen but not that bad..I hope this means good things for our chances of drafting Khalil Mack

Welp, I don't think anyone in here wanted him as much as the Bears. Good for them.

More money for DeSean, i guess.

What if the draft goes:

1.) Bortles
2.) Clowney
3.) Mack

Have no idea what Cleveland does at 4 but that leaves the Raiders kinda screwed right?
If they can't get Mack where do they go? Robinson? Watkins?
I don't think they have Bridgewater as a top 5 rated player in this class, but that's just baseless speculation.

Personally, I'd like to think DT Aaron Donald is a possibility.

Greg Robinson or Jake Matthews would be a great addition to the offensive line. But I think Reggie would rather trade down.

Have a crazy feeling we mite gt Johnny football due to the fact him & DA are both native Texans. Also both attended A&M

Based off of that, I would say that is a crazy feeling.

If the way he played didn't involve so much running, I would draft dude. His love for Drake is also questionable.

Last edited:
 A presumptive look at Raiders' 2014 starters
By Paul Gutierrez

Oakland Raiders  coach Dennis Allen broached many topics Tuesday in his meeting with reporters at the NFL owners meetings in Orlando, Fla. 

Among then, Allen acknowledged that the Raiders signed LaMarr Woodley, who played linebacker in the Pittsburgh Steelers’ 3-4 defensive alignment, to play defensive end in Oakland’s 4-3 defense. 

That the Raiders still need to add “at least” one more cornerback to the roster as well as depth to the defensive line. 

That recently signed right tackle Austin Howard  could be moved to right guard, and that last year’s second-round draft pick, Menelik Watson, is being counted upon to solidify right tackle. 

And that there is a certain sense of urgency for Allen and his staff after consecutive 4-12 seasons. 

As such, and two weeks after free agency began, it’s never too soon to forecast starting 11s on both sides of the ball, no? 

LT Donald Penn  – Grew up rooting for the Los Angeles  Raiders, now gets to protect the quarterback’s blind side. 

LG Kevin Boothe  – Should be an interesting camp battle between Boothe, a Raiders draft pick in 2006, and re-signed swing man Khalif Barnes

Stefen Wisniewski  – The rock of the offensive line. 

RG Austin Howard  – Has not played here in a game yet, but Raiders believe career right tackle has versatility to make it happen. 

RT Menelik Watson  – So much trust being placed in Watson’s ability to stay healthy. 

TE Mychal Rivera  – Mentioned by name as one of the Raiders’ potential foundation pieces by Allen. 

WR James Jones  – Veteran pass-catching presence and chain mover, if not an explosive game-changer. 

WR Rod Streater  – Became Oakland’s go-to guy last year, but game is similar to that of Jones. Could be Denarius Moore  here, or, perhaps, a playmaking receiver they draft. Sammy Watkins, anyone? 

QB Matt Schaub  – Will be the Raiders’ 16th different starting quarterback since Rich Gannon took his last snap in 2004. 

RB Darren McFadden  – Raiders got oft-injured back who teases with his potential to return on the cheap. Latavius Murray  and Kory Sheets  should stay warm. 

FB Marcel Reece  – How do we put this delicately? The new face of the Raiders needs to touch the ball more in 2014. That is all. 

DE Justin Tuck  – Brings pedigree, production, rings and respect to a locker room in need of all of the above. Plus, the sweetest face mask in the NFL. 

DT Antonio Smith  – Yeah, he’s technically an end, but that was in the Texans’ 3-4 scheme. Humor me for a minute here. 

NT Stacy McGee  – Raiders are very high on last year’s sixth-round draft pick, not only for keeping his nose clean off the field but also for improving on it as a run-stuffer. 

DE LaMarr Woodley  – Expect longtime linebacker to put on about 10-15 pounds so he can make the conversion to hand-in-the-dirt end, which is where he played in college ... eight years ago. 

SLB Sio Moore  – Best draft pick of McKenzie-Allen regime thus far. But what does that mean, exactly? 

MLB Nick Roach  – Steady, heady player in middle of defense who should only improve in second season with Raiders. 

WLB Kevin Burnett  – Lots of miles on the nine-year veteran, but should have relief with improved D-line in front of him. Should be pushed by Kaluka Maiava  and Miles Burris  ... if they’re healthy. 

CB D.J. Hayden  – Like Watson, so much is expected of the second-year player, especially since he’ll have the benefit of a full offseason program this time around after missing most of it last year recovering from near-fatal freak football accident. 

CB Tarell Brown  – Solid, knowledgeable veteran who should solidify the side of the field opposite Hayden. 

FS Charles Woodson  – Both he and the Raiders believe he has something left in the tank. We’re about to find out. 

SS Tyvon Branch  – Limited to a game-and-a-half last year, his return would be huge for the secondary, right?

RapSheet: #Bears didn’t represent the biggest $ offer for Jared Allen: #Raiders did. They were willing to pay him $9M. He believed Bears were best fit

c'mon Reggie...$9M...at least we know RM wants another pass rusher real bad...bring In khalil Mack

RapSheet: #Bears didn’t represent the biggest $ offer for Jared Allen: #Raiders did. They were willing to pay him $9M. He believed Bears were best fit

c'mon Reggie...$9M...at least we know RM wants another pass rusher real bad...bring In khalil Mack
Rather have him say no than sign and play like **** cuz he doesn't wanna be there

^ this is what has me excited this year. We are taking on older guys that still got gas in the tank but should that tank dry up we are still good to reload.

Reggie really doing good on his negotiations and players are buying into it the FA's that is

I am exicted for this season bc Schaub has to put up or shut up as well as a chunk of our defense

now onto the draft

:smokin

^ this is what has me excited this year. We are taking on older guys that still got gas in the tank but should that tank dry up we are still good to reload.

Reggie really doing good on his negotiations and players are buying into it the FA's that is

I am exicted for this season bc Schaub has to put up or shut up as well as a chunk of our defense

now onto the draft

:smokin

A LOT different from the last 10 years of Uncle Al huh?

Al woulda never took Schaub, but you KNOW Tuck, Veldeer, Houston and probably Jared Allen would have taken ALL of our remaing cap room up for the next 5 years :lol:

Reggie continues to make chicken salad......

I can't wait for the cuts to start happening in camp. You KNOW Reg is gonna go nuts with those players.

A LOT different from the last 10 years of Uncle Al huh?

Al woulda never took Schaub, but you KNOW Tuck, Veldeer, Houston and probably Jared Allen would have taken ALL of our remaing cap room up for the next 5 years :lol:

Exaclty right and it would have been garunteed money over 5 years.

People hate on us so bad but dont realize that after that super bowl run we had one of the oldest starting rosters in the league most conerstone guys retired and moved on or were really old, there wasnt really a plan after that year.

I cant name one team that had as large of an exit of talent as we did that year, and we had no rookie studs on offense or defense

Back
Top Bottom