Closed

I personally thought trading for more picks or going defense would have been the move. Word is Mark Davis loves Carr, I HOPE that he did not make the pick.

I personally thought trading for more picks or going defense would have been the move. Word is Mark Davis loves Carr, I HOPE that he did not make the pick.

I've been reading that that info wasn't accurate. I certainly hope it isn't.

I hope not. The thing is, this doesn't help the Raiders win now which Reggie and Dennis need to do.

I hope not. The thing is, this doesn't help the Raiders win now which Reggie and Dennis need to do.

Reggie has to plan appropriately too, though. If he believes in his ability as a GM then he'll make the best decisions for the franchise with the thinking that he'll be there long term. So taking arguably the best QB in the second round seems almost an obvious choice. There will be impact players after Carr, and as long as Reggie identifies them we should be okay.

Definitely. His offseason made me buy in, still this last decade has made me question everything.

Last edited:
I think Carr will be legit in a few years, if we can sure up that OL and continue to build our WR core he will have a chance to be pretty good, i like the pick. I was rooting for Moses though..... love that kid!

Last edited:
Carr's development better not take longer than two years. Seriously. Schaub is not that good at this point in his career that he should be beating out our future QB.

Carr's feet are the main thing we need to work on. Remaining stable in the pocket and adjusting to NFL speed. If he can do those two things then he should be ready to be a solid NFL starter. And that's all we need if Reggie and DA want to make us into a defensive team that chooses to run the ball first and pass second.

Carr's development better not take longer than two years. Seriously. Schaub is not that good at this point in his career that he should be beating out our future QB.

Carr's feet are the main thing we need to work on. Remaining stable in the pocket and adjusting to NFL speed. If he can do those two things then he should be ready to be a solid NFL starter. And that's all we need if Reggie and DA want to make us into a defensive team that chooses to run the ball first and pass second.
i agree, i believe Shaub will start next season, and maybe the following depending how this year works out, then we hand it to Carr. With our run game and the moves we have made to sure up that D, Carr just needs to not F it up, pretty much the way Seattle has built their squad.

Not Oakland related but damn check out Jacksonville! hoarding WR's Bortles will have no excuses.

Back
Top Bottom