Closed

Only way Schaub is the starting QB for a few years is if he actually can perform closer to his Pro Bowl years than last year. Would definitely justify Reggie and DA's stay here if they come away from this gamble as winners.

I know there is a lot of love for Mack but what do you guys think of Barr? He would come into play if we trade down.

I'd love to have Barr given that we trade down. Don't know how much further down he'll be available, though. I don't think Barr drops out of the top ten.

At the farthest Barr slides to 11 IMO. Good chance ATL snags him if Clowney and Mack are gone by their pick if they don't want Matthews that high though.

I'm saying tho all this time between now and draft. My head is running wild with all types of scenarios.

Allen was saying Sxhaub could be the qb for the next few years. Got me wondering when they take a qb if thats the case. Maybe a later round qb like Fales is in their plans.
But what do you expect Allen to say? We got em for 1 year then we're gonna cut him?

Allen was saying Sxhaub could be the qb for the next few years. Got me wondering when they take a qb if thats the case. Maybe a later round qb like Fales is in their plans.
But what do you expect Allen to say? We got em for 1 year then we're gonna cut him?

No it's just weird when the gm says the guy still needs to come in and compete then 2 days later the head coach is saying dude could be the starter for 3 or 4 years.

No it's just weird when the gm says the guy still needs to come in and compete then 2 days later the head coach is saying dude could be the starter for 3 or 4 years.
Both statements are accurate. 

No it's just weird when the gm says the guy still needs to come in and compete then 2 days later the head coach is saying dude could be  the starter for 3 or 4 years.
Both statements are accurate. 
I think you missed the part where DA already named him the starter. Therefor both statements are not accurate.

Last edited:
Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 13s
Raiders QB Matt Schaub restructured deal with OAK, lowering base salary and cap # this year; still can earn $15-$20M the next two seasons.

Jared Allen.

Less than $10 mill/yr. presumably.
Less volatile of a player. Do you firmly believe our org is stable enough to handle a personality like Desean's on a losing team?
Pass rush gets another boost. Nice rotation of ends between Smith, Woodley, Tuck. We need depth, especially at their age...it's not a matter of if someone goes down, it's when.
Schaub isn't exactly known for his arm strength at this age. Will Desean be valuable for us or will it be Randy Moss all over again.

And most importantly, we keep our draft picks. We'd be down to 1,2,4,4,7,7 if we give up that 3rd.

Back
Top Bottom