College Necessities/Advice.

Well I would hope my fellow NTer have some sense of style. It doesn't hurt to look fresh every now and then. When I was dorming I would break out the fresh outfit and kicks on Fridays to head to class and chill on campus for a bit. The majority of the times I was in sweats and a hoody anyways.

Don't be that dude that wears the same **** everyday and wears the same beaters for the whole year. Looking like you went through hell and back wih them while they reek like death. Yambs that fall for that bummy **** are yambs that I wouldn't consider chopping it with anyways. Look presentable is all I'm saying.

Curious as to why treating all girls equally is of the utmost importance? Not that I wasn't going to, but y'all make it sound like it's life/death. :lol:
I didn't mean like "Oh, you need 10 pairs of kicks for every occasion," type deal; I made the assumption that, since we're all on NT, we share similar interests/qualities and therefore might be placed in similar situations, hence my asking for advice in those situations. No need to be condescending, player.

Dude, you're good with like 5 pairs of shoes. I took more than that when I was dorming, but trust come packing time, it's the worst. You wanna have some beaters, your casuals, etc. I used to wear the same kicks to house parties because them joints would look terrible by the end of the night with all the dirt and puddles of beer everywhere.

You shouldn't just treat girls with respect but everyone. People say treat all girls because they assume that the unattractive ones will hook you up with their hot friend or her friend will notice. I just give respect to everyone because that's how it should be. Why be a **** to her because you wouldn't have sex with her? They have feelings too.

Last edited:
You shouldn't just treat girls with respect but everyone. People say treat all girls because they assume that the unattractive ones will hook you up with their hot friend or her friend will notice. I just give respect to everyone because that's how it should be. Why be a **** to her because you wouldn't have sex with her? They have feelings too.
I agree, but it's a lot harder to pay attention to less 'attractive' girls when you're in college. The reason being that it's your first time being around so many attractive women, and you get so invested into chasing after all the cute girls, that even if you don't intend to you subconsciously end up overlooking or not building relationships with girls who aren't as attractive. It's not necessarily that you're a disrespectful person, it's just that you can get carried away chasing after the bad *******

One thing I def wish I did more, was make more of a concerted effort to build relationships with girls who I wasn't attracted to, but just to hang out with on the chill tip. One of my chill :smokin partners was a NTthick-ish (not huge though, and she had a cute face) girl who I wasn't that attracted to but she was chill and had great taste in music. Towards the end of college though we were chilling blazing up and out of the blue she asked me if I wanted to hook up, she ended up giving me head (BOMB *** head, bigger girls ftw lol) and I never told anyone about it :lol:

Last edited:
Curious as to why treating all girls equally is of the utmost importance? Not that I wasn't going to, but y'all make it sound like it's life/death. :lol:

1) Brain
2) Work ethic

I have no idea about this NT'er necessities you speak of. Get that outta here b

I didn't mean like "Oh, you need 10 pairs of kicks for every occasion," type deal; I made the assumption that, since we're all on NT, we share similar interests/qualities and therefore might be placed in similar situations, hence my asking for advice in those situations. No need to be condescending, player.

Not condescending at all. Just while you're at school, one would think being fresh isn't as important as getting through school. From my POV, it's not worth it to be "fresh" while at school. Especially if you're going away. That type of thing might potentially bring unwanted attention and some things might end up missing. Besides if you're on campus, who are you trying to impress anyway. You go to class and come back, the distance isn't worth getting dressed up for anyway. But that's just my opinion.

I failed out of college the first time around; played a little college ball, pledged a fraternity, chased girls, did not go to class and wasted my parents' money.

The second time - Worked full-time and interned every semester, Dean's List, two national honor societies, voted outstanding graduate in my program.

The difference?

TIME MANAGEMENT - map out your entire semester the first week (exams, projects, deadlines, etc...)

SIT FRONT AND CENTER IN CLASS - this will force you to pay attention and participate (professors really like that)

TAKE ADVANTAGE OF EVERY RESOURCE - tutors, labs, counselors

SURROUND YOURSELF WITH LIKE-MINDED PEOPLE - driven, focused, healthy

IDENTIFY A MENTOR AND PICK THEIR BRAIN - somebody who has achieved success in the field you are interested in

BALANCE WORK AND PLAY - study hard and play hard, including parties and sports

TRY SOMETHING NEW - join a student group or volunteer (religion, art, science, intramurals, education, community service)

MAKE NEW FRIENDS - everyone has a unique story and perspective, and you will probably stay in touch with college friends for life (as opposed to high school friends)

BE OPEN TO CHANGING YOUR MAJOR - many people change more than once before they declare their junior year

Had orientation yesterday at The University of Iowa. Only thing i'm stressing about is having math class at 730am Monday Tuesday Wednesday and Friday( :x :smh: ) but i guess you gotta do what you gotta do.

Had orientation yesterday at The University of Iowa. Only thing i'm stressing about is having math class at 730am Monday Tuesday Wednesday and Friday(
sick.gif
mean.gif
) but i guess you gotta do what you gotta do.
early classes arent that bad. developing a habit of waking up early is one of the best things you can do while you're still a student. makes the transition easier from college to the real life. the earlier you develop the habit the better.

getting a good nights sleep is another story. i slept better back in college than out i probably average 4 or 5 a night.
ohwell.gif

gonna be a college senior in the fall

time goes by fast

learn to balance time
work 52% play 48%

you're there for school first.
I had a 2.57 my first semester and parents were pissed.
you don't want your parents to be on your back after you got all that independence.

first months of school- meet lots of people

it's an awkward time- new environment
be that dude to break the ice: you only freshmen once

don't be that guy at the first party to throw up on a chick or something- the ish will follow you forever. ala "vomit vinny"
know your limits, be smart.

and just be genuinely nice to people- if someone's an ******* don't give them the respect that they don't deserve.
basically the golden rule- treat others how you want to be treated.
it will come along way especially with females ie. you call a girl fat- all her girls will know you did and then you'll be perceived as a jerk

don't over dress to show off- just be PRESENTABLE- make sure you don't smell like the pits and the20 year old onion man.
wear deodorant, shower daily. you smell bad one day- a chick will think you smell like that all the time.

be civil with your roommates... some have never shared a room or understand other's properties.

my freshmen year fifa 11 came out and i bought it, go to the gym the same day and my roommate opened it without asking and played in someone elses room. this was october.

it's your time to grow man. college is fun
if you have other questions PM me.

sorry for the long post

Care about what your learn! Students these days only care about getting the grade not the knowlege they could be aquiring.
Develop good study habits your first year. You will thank yourself later
Learn to deal with missing out. Everyparty or social gathering isnt worth going to. Staying at home with some of the local eats and some good company will do.
And make friends with people unlike you. I didn't figure this out til my senior year but it was one of the best things i did in college.
Ask your professors if they have an extra copy of the book for your class or ask them to put it on reserve at the library before you buy it. Most if not all professors will do this.

Oh!!!! And if you get a refund check, use what you need for your living expenses and sent the rest back. Its going to be hard especially if your get a lot back but it will be worth it in the long run!

And have fun. Good luck to you!

my 2 cents

- a good fake id
- snacks..you can never have enough
- a camera
- a mattress topper/nice comforter (those dorm room mattresses are like prison beds)
- your own cpu
- an entertainment system..ie. ps3/speakers
- a couple of durable pairs of sweats (you will thank me later)

and remember youre there for school. party hard and work harder. dont f* it up.

side note - make sure you stay at the gym. you dont want to stay in some kind of shape and get into a routine. also meet the athletes. they will point you in the direction of the easy ,GPA boosting elective classes..

GOOD LUCK

Have condoms on deck
Go to class
Dont wife a broad when you first start college, play the field for a lil bit, there will be all kinds of different girls so meet em all
Try to find a way to get access to alcohol
Use the weight room/ basketball court
Stay on top of your progress in a class all semester..dont be afraid to drop a class instead of failing it
If you from out of town, try to get cool with a couple locals...it will make getting **** done/ finding different things 10x easier
Dont spend all your money / save as much as possible...you dont want to be one of those kids that's flat broke with like a month and a half to go in the semester

i found it was always easier to go to class and take notes instead of JUST doing the readings. i knew too many people that would skip lectures and just read. i honestly skipped a lot of the homework assignments because i just went to class and took notes.

Last edited:
@cwk1 great advice..especially mapping out everything the first week...Ive thought about it just never did it

I know it's already been said but work hard your first year. Just finished my freshman year with a 2.9 and we have to bust my *** to get into the accounting school

Don't get a DUI. The temptations will be there, don't drink and drive.

Don't get caught with drugs or alcohol on campus. Be smart with it.

Wii or a Kinect for the yambs.

You won't believe how significant of a vagina increase you'll see with one.

If you're staying in an apartment, don't get lazy and let it get messy. It's general advice for people living on their own but it's a good habit to start in college when living on your own.

I do a really quick 15-30 minute cleaning of my bedroom and bathroom once every week. Vacuum, wipe/sanitize the desk/dresser/drawers and then move to the bathroom. Clean the sink, mirror, toilet (scrub the bowl), and bathtub/shower. It doesn't take long, get it out of the way early on the weekend so you can be free to do other stuff. There's nothing nastier than trying to clean a bathroom that's been neglected for so long :x

And always make sure to have these handy - they're always clutch!

View media item 505761

If you're staying in an apartment, don't get lazy and let it get messy. It's general advice for people living on their own but it's a good habit to start in college when living on your own.

I do a really quick 15-30 minute cleaning of my bedroom and bathroom once every week. Vacuum, wipe/sanitize the desk/dresser/drawers and then move to the bathroom. Clean the sink, mirror, toilet (scrub the bowl), and bathtub/shower. It doesn't take long, get it out of the way early on the weekend so you can be free to do other stuff. There's nothing nastier than trying to clean a bathroom that's been neglected for so long
sick.gif

And always make sure to have these handy - they're always clutch!
Amen....yambs seeing a clean room is def a plus

i found it was always easier to go to class and take notes instead of JUST doing the readings. i knew too many people that would skip lectures and just read. i honestly skipped a lot of the homework assignments because i just went to class and took notes.

Bingo. Had a 3.6 gpa and did't even know what the books looked like for my classes senior year. If it wasn't a lit class, I wasn't reading it. Use the first exam as a barometer of how much of the exam comes from readings and how much comes from lecture, that will let you know how the class will flow the rest of the semester.

Stay out of drama as much possible. Be known, but don't have all of your business spreading around campus.

As others have said the grades come first. Party your *** off, but study your *** off as well. Manage your time and your money well. I wish I managed my money better, that and not studying abroad are the biggest regrets I have.

Try to get a job where you can meet a ton of people. I worked in my schools dining hall and met hella people while there. I would go out and people would recognize me from work, that ended up being really clutch at times.

Clorox wipes for the toilet seat.. too many people miss or b cheap and stack a bunch of toilet paper after wiping the wet pee off...

Back
Top Bottom