Computer P.S.A. (helpful programs, apps, and tips)

This is really annoying. >:
mad.gif

I have two laptops that connect to the internet wirelessly. One computer can go on websites and all, while the other can't. The thing is, the computer that can't get on websites shows that it is connected to the router at 54 Mbps, with the signal strength as excellent. Does anyone know what's wrong?! >:
mad.gif
>:
mad.gif
>:
mad.gif
>:
mad.gif
>:
mad.gif

Quote:
Wassap guys question: So I'm runnin AOL Security Center, but the safety status is poor because a previous version of Norton is installed. I've removed the program, searched for files and even took as much out of the registry as I can but it still says that it is on my computer. How can I remove Norton once and for all?

You have to dl the uninstaller from Norton.com If its like 2006 though you should be able to just remove it on the install/uninstall programs window

Can any1 help me with Windowblinds?? i cant get it to work everytime i apply a skin it changes my computer to the classic look...

thanks for all the info guys.

Quote:
Also, there are services that are uneeded that you can disable, (or set to manual instead of automatic)
Run(in start menu) "services.msc". To the right there are the list of services. WARNING- SOME SERVICES ARE NEEDED BY XP TO OPERATE!!!!!!!!!! USE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION!!!!!!!!!!!!.
this is a website that will help guide you on what to disable. I did it last week and it works like a charm.

this site was great.

Whats up guys....my computer says it has been infected with the "Beagle Virus."

Is there a free program I can use to get rid of this virus?
"Straight from the 916"
michael10074@gmail.com
F/S DS NYK penny 1 sz. 9 for $100 Local pickup only

Quote:
I have two laptops that connect to the internet wirelessly. One computer can go on websites and all, while the other can't. The thing is, the computer that can't get on websites shows that it is connected to the router at 54 Mbps, with the signal strength as excellent. Does anyone know what's wrong?!

I'm assuming you're using the internal internet card? Try using a PC card for internet. It works much better.

What's the best program to make avy's with? My hardrive wiped out ALL my old ones.

You passed doing what you loved the most
R.I.P. John LaBarbera
1989 - 10/17/2005
Even though you're gone, we're still a team

What would you guys recommend as far as a wireless router.

And are they easy to install?

I'm a noob when it comes to wireless routers so someone help me out.

Thanks.
[/center]

^ I have a Linksys WRT54GS. Awesome router. It has the possibility of running 3rd party firmware too, which enhances speeds, has many more options, and alot more stuff, so that's an extreme plus.

It was very easy to install, just pop in the disk, and it walks you through what you have to do. Or, (I think) you can just connect it to your computer and plug it in, and press a button on the front and it will automatically configure itself.

I'd definitely recommend it.

I have a file that ends in bin.7z, anyone know how to open it or extract it? Thanks

Edited: Nevermind I found out how

^ If you want, you can check everything off, and it'll clean even more. I have every single thing checked except my Firefox cookies. I clean them out once every two weeks.

I need technical help...

all my image files wouldn't open with Windows Picture and Fax viewer. I dunno what the @#%$ happened with it but it just wouldn't open...Can anyone help? Please! Thanks!
-------------
aim: buttahlikeparkay

Chad Johnson on being covered: "It's just impossible,'' Johnson said, with a straight face. "It's not who I'm playing. It can't be done, and I've come to that conclusion. If I had to stop myself, I probably wouldn't be able to do it, either.''

when ever i start up IE. my home page is set to this funky webpage called "www.perfectedsecurity.com/" whenever i try to setup a default homepage. like msn for example. it by passes it and keeps my homepage as "www.perfectedsecurity.com/" any suggestions? also is they a difference between adware and spyware? if so what are some programs to remove awware from your computer?

i have a problem when i type because one minute im typing good then the cursor moves me to another spot...it keeps doing that here...word...textpad everything what will get that out.....
No tints, make no mistake y'all it's Hova
I stay sportin' played Jordan's before Jordan

For the cosigners umm please sign here____ here___ and umm initials here___

"To me it look like a leprechaun to me....all you gotta do is look up at the tree...WHO ALL SEEN THE LEPRECHAUN SAY YEAH!!!!...YEAH!!!"

^ Yeah, it's perfectly safe, I use it like 5 times a day with no problems.
Quote:
when ever i start up IE. my home page is set to this funky webpage called "www.perfectedsecurity.com/" whenever i try to setup a default homepage. like msn for example. it by passes it and keeps my homepage as "www.perfectedsecurity.com/" any suggestions?
That's a browser Hijacker, run Ad-Aware, Spybot, and MS Antispyware, and see if you can change it. If not, download Hijack This!, and go to this forum, and post up your log in the forum, there's some good people there. Here's the forum:

forum.networktechs.com/fo...4249&f=130

It would also be a good idea to look at this post and do all of it:

forum.networktechs.com/t1...-help.html

What is the best tv capture device, so that I can copy television and whatever tapes I play on it??? Also do they have to be connected to the computer while recording?

ok, so right now i have a good number of viruses on my computer. I downloaded AVG free but when i click move to vault it says "Requested action is not available for this object. Access to the file has been denied." How do I rid myself of these DAMN viruses?????
[/i]

[/url]
R.I.P. LaToya. I ain't know you. But if my girl loved you, I can too. Sleep well.

^Try to get the location of the file(s) on your computer, and go to that place in Safe Mode and manually delete them.
Go See ATL For One Reason....Lauren London. Yezzir!

What else besides the router do I need? My computer in my room has a 56k modem so I just want to know all the equipment I have to buy. And which is more effective, USB adapter or one you install inside the box?

Mookie: That's it?
The Mayor: That's it.
Mookie: I got it , I'm gone.[/center]

Back
Top Bottom