Condo developers build separate entrances for lower income residents

Bruh .. people are clowns I tell you

"You don't want to be treated a certain way, don't go there", their brain is not spacious enough to realize that treatment shouldn't be allowed in the first place
you are right, everyone should have a luxurious penthouse apartment on the upper west side, and tenants should just pay what they can afford.  do you not understand capitalism? 

Yeah.......

Pretty much comes down to getting what you pay for. My pay more, you get more. But no, let's make this about segregation 2.0 ever though it's 100% not at all the same

Please find any article that says the tenants at 40 Riverside Boulevard that will use the poor door are being offered the opportunity to pay for access to said amenities. Obviously under regular circumstances they would not be accepted as a resident of the building. The point is the owner presented the situation as he's allowing people to be residents of his building for a tax break.

Why is it "You applied through low income, sorry we are not able to provide you with certain amenities but if you would like to be considered you can apply through our regular application process."

Why is it not "You applied through low income, sorry we are not able to provide you with certain amenities but here is the cost of the amenities monthly if you would like to have access to them"

It's all "yeah guys John let some poor people in his building but they're not really in his building so he can get honored at MSG next year and he gets a tax break, isn't that cool? :smokin"

There's a reason the judge said any other building built after this will not be allowed to create a separate door when they made their ruling

I'm out of here man, everything is about money with you people :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
I love how people arguing in favor of the developers are straight skipping around the issue of the tax breaks and bringing up all these scenarios that aren't even remotely similar. How about this scenario:

A private school in a well off county receives extra tax breaks if they agree to allow 100 low-middle income students from a neighboring county to enroll. School agrees but after the students are enrolled they decide to ban those students from entering through the front door or playing on any of the sports teams. Ya'll would be ok with this? On some "they should just be happy that they get to go to such a great school in a great county"? Cause that's how ya'll sound.

Who's arguing in favor of it? People just see the logic behind it and don't see it as the second coming to population control

How are people coming in here acting as if this is simply an issue of you pay more you get more.... when there is COMPLETE segregation between the middle class & the rich :smh:

they put those barriers there so they have no interaction what so ever, but that's OK with ya'll.

Who's arguing in favor of it? People just see the logic behind it and don't see it as the second coming to population control
Well if you make a determination without considering all the factors we call that flawed logic. The tax breaks are important.

Because when you're dealing with a bunch of rich people do you think it's only about money? Honestly? Income isn't the only question on a app
That's the best you can come up with as a rebuttal? If you have an income of 160k I'm sure you can apply and rent there no problem. If you get denied at that point, then that is a separate discrimination issue which can have serious consequences.

You can have your opinion, but your rationale of not getting equal treatment is wrong considering there is a premium for receiving special amenities. These amenities are available by law to anyone who can reasonably afford them.

And what's not being discussed in this thread is the overall perception and stigma that confronts the people who will be renting these apartments.

Already in this thread we have had people make the assumption that those in the "lower class" section aren't as hard working, are lazy, won't be good neighbors etc etc and this is coming from people who more than likely aren't rich.

So imagine what the actual tenants who are rich will be saying & how they will be treating the tenants as inferior. This is the issue that will only grow the more these kinds of things are done. these developers are promoting separation btwn the rich & everyone else. How is that not a problem

Last edited:
That's the best you can come up with as a rebuttal? If you have an income of 160k I'm sure you can apply and rent there no problem. If you get denied at that point, then that is a separate discrimination issue which can have serious consequences.

You can have your opinion, but your rationale of not getting equal treatment is wrong considering there is a premium for receiving special amenities. These amenities are available by law to anyone who can reasonably afford them.

You are harboring on the amenities as if that's the only form of separation.

The developers and the rich tenants completely want to negate all interaction with the middle class. There isn't an option for them to even pay for said amenities also what would be the purpose of them building a completely different entrance?

if you want people to pay more for amenities sure that's logical, but no that's not even an option and building an entirely different entrance to the building shows how much they want to separate the two classes.

The developers and the rich tenants completely want to negate all interaction with the middle class. There isn't an option for them to even pay for said amenities also what would be the purpose of them building a completely different entrance?

if you want people to pay more for amenities sure that's logical, but no that's not even an option and building an entirely different entrance to the building shows how much they want to separate the two classes.
Why do people keep saying they don't have the option? I can apply to get the apartment right now if I felt like it.

I said getting into buildings with people with higher income has more requirements than a salary, your response is "if you have 160K" you'll get the apartment. Ok pal :lol: y'all really that small minded?

I said getting into buildings with people with higher income has more requirements than a salary, your response is "if you have 160K" you'll get the apartment. Ok pal :lol: y'all really that small minded?
Please enlighten us on those other requirements, since we are small minded.

And what's not being discussed in this thread is the overall perception and stigma that confronts the people who will be renting these apartments.

Already in this thread we have had people make the assumption that those in the "lower class" section aren't as hard working, are lazy, won't be good neighbors etc etc and this is coming from people who more than likely aren't rich.

So imagine what the actual tenants who are rich will be saying & how they will be treating the tenants as inferior. This is the issue that will only grow the more these kinds of things are done. these developers are promoting separation btwn the rich & everyone else. How is that not a problem
Sounds like you have a problem with the government providing these tax breaks, the developers are just taking advantage of them.....
I said getting into buildings with people with higher income has more requirements than a salary, your response is "if you have 160K" you'll get the apartment. Ok pal
laugh.gif
y'all really that small minded?
 what are you even talking about??

Why do people keep saying they don't have the option? I can apply to get the apartment right now if I felt like it.

Being able to apply does not equally having the option. You'll only have an option if you get approved.

Applying for a job, doesn't mean you have the option of working there.

:lol: that SN to post ratio.....

Last edited:
I love how people arguing in favor of the developers are straight skipping around the issue of the tax breaks and bringing up all these scenarios that aren't even remotely similar. How about this scenario:

A private school in a well off county receives extra tax breaks if they agree to allow 100 low-middle income students from a neighboring county to enroll. School agrees but after the students are enrolled they decide to ban those students from entering through the front door or playing on any of the sports teams. Ya'll would be ok with this? On some "they should just be happy that they get to go to such a great school in a great county"? Cause that's how ya'll sound.

They definitely would be ok with this, dropping their kids off right in the back in the building like a sucker.

Being able to apply does not equally having the option. You'll only have an option if you get approved.

OK and provided I meet the income requirements why wouldn't I get approved?

Nope he got 160 K he getting in :rofl:

Just like if you got a Masters degree you're getting the job

How are people coming in here acting as if this is simply an issue of you pay more you get more.... when there is COMPLETE segregation between the middle class & the rich :smh:

they put those barriers there so they have no interaction what so ever, but that's OK with ya'll.

Crabs in a barrel

There always has been and always will be separation between the rich and everyone else. This is just far less subtle than how it usually is.

The only really ****** up thing about this is that they didn't tell the tenants beforehand that they would be required to enter through a separate entrance.

If it's really that much if an issue to be together but seperate, feel free to pay the full amount of 5-10k monthly I'm pretty sure they won't say no to your money, only color that ever matters is GREEN.

Back
Top Bottom