Considering move from DC area to ATL. vol. The rent is too damb high

Brah, it is cool ATL is developing so well. I honestly mean that because of the high pollution down there, my people will benefit as a result. So I genuinely happy tp hear all that is poppin off.

But you're turning this into a dong measuring contest comparing job markets. Problem is the DMV is the Lexington Steele of the job market.

It is not just contractors (which there are a ton), it is also government job themselves (which they are a ton), and there a **** load of private sector jobs and tech jobs too. I don't know what makes you think it is just contractors.

Nah, I`m not trying to turn this into a pissing contest, I just literally hear nothing about DMVs economy that isn't related to Govt Contracting. Once again I am in IT and hear nothing about tech industry booming in DMV that isn't govt related. After a quick google search, I see Atlanta has 17 Fortune 500 companies with Global HQs based in the city and 31 Fortune 1000, so that doesn't even include smaller companies.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...=S16QjJXh8laLPJJkRVnKug&bvm=bv.86475890,d.eXY

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...=DOw2sBuOgeQnZttwbX74vA&bvm=bv.86475890,d.eXY

Now when people compare DMV which is a City and 2 states, of course you will have bigger Economic options just from sheer size. Either way, I`m good in ATL, and OP can do what he wants, at the end of the day if you put in work you will eat, whether you're in DC or Idaho.

You should look up the Dulles Technology Corridor.

DMV version of Silicon Valley.

You should look up the Dulles Technology Corridor.

DMV version of Silicon Valley.

I dont doubt it, like i said i know a ton of folks who went to DC to work, i just dont hear much on my end from the area career wise that isnt govt contracting related.

I've lived in ATL my whole life basically..... great place for a lotta reasons.... im just tired of being in one place but If I ever do move, its going to be to Cali or FLA.

I'm legitanately shocked that cats are really doubting the greatness of the DMV job market. That's why EVERYONE wants to come here. No other area has such a broad range of employment opportunities. There really is no other comparison. And because of the federal government, it'll be this way for a long time.

I'm legitanately shocked that cats are really doubting the greatness of the DMV job market. That's why EVERYONE wants to come here. No other area has such a broad range of employment opportunities. There really is no other comparison. And because of the federal government, it'll be this way for a long time.

I would never in my life live in the DMV lol, but more power to those who want to live there.

It ain for everybody. Some people enjoy a slower lifestyle,less job security, and shaky home prices.

Last edited:
I don't know much about the DMV area...but its considered the area where D.C Maryland and Virginia converge?? I mean isnt it a little unfair to compare one city of Atown to 2 states and a district?

I don't know much about the DMV area...but its considered the area where D.C Maryland and Virginia converge?? I mean isnt it a little unfair to compare one city of Atown to 2 states and a district?

Yes. Besides DC sux anyway. I dont care how many jobs there are. Only need one. Aint tryna sit in traffic 1/4 of my life.

i hate the "DMV label", but its essentially comparing the Alantla and DC metro areas, which could be very comparable in size

the dmv is like saying tri-state area for the NYC metro area (combined with northern nj and western CT)

imo, the real "DMV" is the peninsula, but thats just none of my business

Last edited:
The DMV isn't the whole of Virginia and the whole of Maryland. In VA, it's just Northern Virginia, and I'm not not sure where the "cutoff" is in Maryland. But Baltimore isn't considered a part of the DMV.

Last edited:
Cutoffs around Laurel, there's nothing fast-paced about the DC area, way too many slow talkin and moving dudes for my taste.

It ain for everybody. Some people enjoy a slower lifestyle,less job security, and shaky home prices.

Lol slower lifestyle, pleighboi DC is the country lol, idk why DMV cats think they dont live in the south. Job security depends on industry lol if govt cuts budgets DC is shook. But whatever Im eating where Im at.

Lol slower lifestyle, pleighboi DC is the country lol, idk why DMV cats think they dont live in the south. Job security depends on industry lol if govt cuts budgets DC is shook. But whatever Im eating where Im at.

Dude for your own sanity, don't take Rico seriously

And please don't use "DMV" cats, we aren't all like dude.

I've tried to be nothing but respectful to my southern brahs in here. So don't group me wit ole boy

I've tried to be nothing but respectful to my southern brahs in here. So don't group me wit ole boy

DC Is in the South though
View media item 1411854
5I5s8.png

I notice the some homers like Rico and urb praising it though tend to be broke and don't even have any of these good jobs their touting. I don't get it.

DC Is in the South though
View media item 1411854
5I5s8.png

Huh? What does that have to do with anything though. The DMV is like most major metro areas in the Northeast. You've never lived there, so how would you know?

And brah, budgets cuts have been happening for a while now, and the area is still packed with jobs.

Budget cuts don't mean job cuts for the area, just slow job growth. If we have another great recession, you are kidding yourself to think ATL will fear better than the DMV

As ignorant as you sound dude when he spoke about your town, is exactly how you sound to me now.

You clearly know little about the area, so maybe you should stop making claims like you do.

Last edited:
Huh? What does that have to do with anything though. The DMV is like most major metro areas in the Northeast. You've never lived there, so how would you know?

And brah, budgets cuts have been happening for a while now, and the area is still packed with jobs.

Budget cuts don't mean job cuts for the area, just slow job growth. If we have another great recession, you are kidding yourself to think ATL will fear better than the DMV

That's the essence of job security.

As ignorant as you found dude when he spoke about your town, is exactly how you sound to me now.

You clearly know little about the area, so maybe you should stop making claims like you do.

How am I ignorant when you say "south brahs" as if you dont live in a southern city? What does me correcting you have to do with ATL being better than DC? Only people who compare cities as being better than another are people who aren't accomplishing anything in life. If you're doing something with yourself you will be productive in any city you lay you're head in. In all honesty I can careless of what happens in the DMV. Like I said I`m good where I`m at. OP wanted in sight on ATL, and that is what I gave him.

That's the essence of job security.

As ignorant as you found dude when he spoke about your town, is exactly how you sound to me now.

How am I ignorant when you say "south brahs" as if you dont live in a southern city? What does me correcting you have to do with ATL being better than DC? Only people who compare cities as being better than another are people who aren't accomplishing anything in life. If you're doing something with yourself you will be productive in any city you lay you're head in. In all honesty I can careless of what happens in the DMV. Like I said I`m good where I`m at. OP wanted in sight on ATL, and that is what I gave him.

I meant "southern brahs" and a friendly comment meaning all the dudes from the south posting in this thread.

I do it in every damb thread. Even my tone and comment would indicate I wasn't saying anything negative.

As oppose to you who made a blanket statement about "DMV cats" based off the comments of one person

Rico comments got you so much in your feelings apparently that you're reading what you want to see and not that actually written.

I'm not telling you to care about the DMV, I never said DMV was better and I haven't made any real negative generalizations about ATL really.

Because I would sound ignorant.

Just like Rico did with his comment about ATL, and YOU with your many comments about the DMV

You wanna rep you city, fine. But maybe you should look at yourself and your post history too before throwing out shots like:

"Only people who compare cities as being better than another are people who aren't accomplishing anything in life".....because you're just as guilty as anyone else this thread as doing exactly that

When I told you to ignore Rico is because I warning you to not turn a discussion into an argument. Not to further the argument.

Last edited:
I meant "southern brahs" and a friendly comment meaning all the dudes from the south posting in this thread.

I do it in every damb thread. Even my tone and comment would indicate I wasn't saying anything negative.

As oppose to you who made a blanket statement about "DMV cats" based off the comments of one person

Rico comments got you so much in your feelings apparently that you're reading what you want to see and not that actually written.

I'm not telling you to care about the DMV, I never said DMV was better and I haven't made any real negative generalizations about ATL really.

Because I would sound ignorant.

Just like Rico did with his comment about ATL, and YOU with your many comments about the DMV

You wanna rep you city, fine. But maybe you should look at yourself and your post history too before throwing out shots like:

"Only people who compare cities as being better than another are people who aren't accomplishing anything in life".....because you're just as guilty as anyone else this thread as doing exactly that

When I told you to ignore Rico is because I warning you to not turn a discussion into an argument. Not to further the argument.

You really butt hurt about DC being in the South? lol go take a nap.

Back
Top Bottom