Converse Aero Jam... Will we ever get RETRO?

I was thinking about taking mine to embroidery place and getting the 2 put on anybody else do that yet? Pics if so?
I was just thinking the exact same thing. If I can pick these up on a nice discount I'll plan on doing that

picked mines up today, I have to say I'm pretty impressed on these. IMO the home colorway is better then the mostly black away versions still love them either way. These retro's are a 100% times better than the retro's that came out back in 07. Minus te 2 not being on the flap I'm not mad at these, the construction is well made. For only $110, quality is really good. Couldn't get this type of quality on a pair of recent Jordan retro's. Very slept on shoe but just like most slept on shoes they'll sit on shelves till their gone and then a couple of years later people are going to wish they had them ( Olive Jordan 9's, Copper Foamposites, ect).. 

LJ was my favorite player back in the day....was on the fence since these dropped. I had the white and the blacks in grade school. I finally pulled the trigger on the whites even though I'm not 100% happy. I can live without react juice but I will find a way to get a teal #2 on these. Just not Grandmama without that #2. The slight color change doesn't take anything away. IMO

Maybe I missed it, but why aren't they using the react juice anymore? Aside from the part that it probably didn't work and dry rotted over time.

how do these fit? last time i tried on a pair of converse ball shoes on (the defcon?) they ran big imo. anyone have any insight on how theirs felt?

i waer a 12 in J's and ordered a 12...fit is fine...you could go a half size up because they are a little snug.  but depends on how you like the fit.

I overheard something along the lines of the fact that due to this models poor sales performance, converse is entirely scrapping their participation in the retro movement. Just a rumor, but sad if true. I was looking forward to some stuff...

That would be kind of ridiculous on their part considering 100% of their revenue is retro based, it's not like they don't know how to do it right. The reason All Stars and Jack Purcells are so popular is because they're faithful reproductions of the classics. Try that with the basketball department and you might have better results.

Converse has no one but themselves to blame for poor sales on this one. They got that Nike money, no reason these couldn't have had a full LJ-involved roll out.

Yeah I feel they did a poor job marketing the shoe, which isn't hard to do these days.
I see what your saying but... It's a give or take. On the good side we as a niche can buy the shoes without the hype / on discount but the bad side is the retros may get cut.

That would be kind of ridiculous on their part considering 100% of their revenue is retro based, it's not like they don't know how to do it right. The reason All Stars and Jack Purcells are so popular is because they're faithful reproductions of the classics. Try that with the basketball department and you might have better results.

Converse has no one but themselves to blame for poor sales on this one. They got that Nike money, no reason these couldn't have had a full LJ-involved roll out.

i'm pretty sure its just retro CONS product like Larry and Kevin Johnsons not retro Converse like Chucks and Purcells.

i'm pretty sure its just retro CONS product like Larry and Kevin Johnsons not retro Converse like Chucks and Purcells.

I get that, I'm just saying that Converse is no stranger to the retro game, it's their bread and butter. They should know better. Then again, maybe that's the reason for the lazy approach, because they're so used to most of their models moving with little to no marketing effort.

And with nike owning them there is no reason converse shouldbt be able to do what adidas has done with reebok

But we all knew why nike bought them in the first place. The chucks.

As long as there are cholos, gangsters, skaters, and emo kids, nike will make boatloads of $$$$$$$ regardless

And with nike owning them there is no reason converse shouldbt be able to do what adidas has done with reebok

As long as there are cholos, gangsters, skaters, and emo kids, nike will make boatloads of $$$$$$$ regardless

True. Nike pretty much completely took them out of the athletic industry

Well said NK and I can't be the only that thought this was a half-assed retro in the first place - if they had put some effort and some promotion they could've done better.

I overheard something along the lines of the fact that due to this models poor sales performance, converse is entirely scrapping their participation in the retro movement. Just a rumor, but sad if true. I was looking forward to some stuff...
say it aint so i was hoping for some back jams or a KJ retro

Back
Top Bottom