Copping perscription glasses online?

Bought my glasses from coastal back in march for about $150. Today it broke all of a sudden as I was cleaning the lense because of the cheap metal welds they used. Calling them on Monday to see what they can do for me

So I called coastal and they are shipping me a replacement since I have a 1 year warranty. 

Stay away from zenni. They sell cheap plastic crap

Oh the lense is fine, see perfectly but it keeps falling off my face. So I only wear it when sitting down

Even if you got your glasses from somewhere else you can go in to any LensCrafters and they will adjust them for you for free! They should be able to fix them so they won't fall off your face anymore.

I got myself this pair from Archibald Optics. These guys are new and I was done with glasses online after I saw the cheap **** from Warby Parker. But I read about these guys and got their home try on service....it's like a high end warby with a Japanese handmade frame and Japanese lenses....got my pair now and these blow it all out of the water. Got my boys to get one as well. It's not cheap at $225 with Rx .. but the quality is ridiculous (much better than my oliver peoples) and they offer Japanese thinner lenses standard (which is great for me). For 75 more than Warby Parker I think these guys are onto something (I have to pay WP $40 extra for the thinner lenses). Definitely recommend giving them a try. 

Last edited:
I got myself this pair from Archibald Optics. These guys are new and I was done with glasses online after I saw the cheap **** from Warby Parker. But I read about these guys and got their home try on service....it's like a high end warby with a Japanese handmade frame and Japanese lenses....got my pair now and these blow it all out of the water. Got my boys to get one as well. It's not cheap at $225 with Rx .. but the quality is ridiculous (much better than my oliver peoples) and they offer Japanese thinner lenses standard (which is great for me). For 75 more than Warby Parker I think these guys are onto something (I have to pay WP $40 extra for the thinner lenses). Definitely recommend giving them a try. 

Pics?

Hoping FIRSTPAIRFREE comes back. Does anyone have any info on when Coastal implements that promo deal?

Interesting someone brought this back up. Im planning to get some glasses in the next week. Coastal's website keeps freezing up on me.

Those look dope.

I've heard very mixed things about Warby Parker's quality, but I'm sure that the quality can't be worse than the Ray Bans I'm wearing now. I'm going to check out Archibald Optics.

Oh the lense is fine, see perfectly but it keeps falling off my face. So I only wear it when sitting down

Even if you got your glasses from somewhere else you can go in to any LensCrafters and they will adjust them for you for free! They should be able to fix them so they won't fall off your face anymore.

Yeah, and after that you could buy some steaks and then take them to a local place for them to grill for you. No point in reimbursing them for their time, rent, utilities or staff right?

Yeah, and after that you could buy some steaks and then take them to a local place for them to grill for you. No point in reimbursing them for their time, rent, utilities or staff right?

True. But from a sales standpoint. If they can get you to "stop in for a free adjustment" there's a chance they can get you to buy something. Even if you dont buy anything that day the company is building a relationship with you so that when you are ready for new glasses you will consider shopping with them.

Last edited:
True. But from a sales standpoint. If they can get you to "stop in for a free adjustment" there's a chance they can get you to buy something. Even if you dont buy anything that day the company is building a relationship with you so that when you are ready for new glasses you will consider shopping with them.

Right. Its not like you're swindling them into doing it, its a service that they're offering in hopes that they can get your business.

Kdawg you're an optometrist right?

Last edited:
get some fly designer frames on the cheap at Gilt.com, then my tip is to go to Costco and get your eyes checked and add the Rx to your frames...total is around $100.00.  You know how Costco is, if it scratches, breaks, etc...they replace the lens for free.

trust me. game changers.

They do the free try on as well thats how I chose my pair..,but the finishing is amazing. I was a bit worried for a second as the sample frames creaked a little so I called up  and was told that was because the samples had rough cut dummy lenses and each frame was handmade but when they made my order there would be no creak at all as the lens is cut specifically for the frame picked out for me.

Felt super dope to know that each is very slightly unique. Just ordered a pair of sunglasses as well as I saw they are running a holiday promo for a week.

Delivery is a bit long...waited 12 days for mine but its about the same as I would wait from my optician (and these come from Japan)...still you would think it would be faster by now. 

Last edited:
I've been wearing my coastal frames for about two years now. what I really need is a place that will let me order contacts online without having a recent prescription. I know for a fact that my vision hasn't changed since the last time I wore contacts, buy you're required to get an eye exam yearly. just their way to milk money out of you. I've been wearing these glasses daily for over a year and I will be copping some contacts tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom