Copping perscription glasses online?

Whats everyones going rate for lenses? Having some done at my local optometry spot and it was $200 for single vision 1.74 hi index with anti reflection. Prescription is -2.75.

That's not a bad price but you don't need 1.74 - 1.6 would be plenty at -2.75. If you have a plastic frame standard 1.5 would be fine too.

There's obviously a cosmetic balance but you want the lowest refractive index that is cosmetically good because the optical properties are better. They're cheaper too.

Just bought a pair off Coastal, my 3rd pair from them, haven't had any complaints. They have some great discount codes, just got a pair of Perry Ellis frames w/ a UV, anti-scratch, and protection from the blue light in screens to prevent eye fatigue. Got em for $65

how you get the codes

Glassesusa.com

Shipping was fast and customer service on point. Ordered 2 pair and one had a loose arm (I blame the package handlers, the box was f'd on arrival). They shipped me a new pair for free. :smokin
Only downside was it took 5 days to process my prescription..

That's not a bad price but you don't need 1.74 - 1.6 would be plenty at -2.75. If you have a plastic frame standard 1.5 would be fine too.

There's obviously a cosmetic balance but you want the lowest refractive index that is cosmetically good because the optical properties are better. They're cheaper too.
They are going into the newer model ray ban wayfarer frames. I figured since insurance is paying for the lenses id spend the extra money on going the thinnest i can even if my prescription doesnt call for it. I saved on the frames buying outside also.

They are going into the newer model ray ban wayfarer frames. I figured since insurance is paying for the lenses id spend the extra money on going the thinnest i can even if my prescription doesnt call for it. I saved on the frames buying outside also.

I'm not saying it to save you money - I'm saying the lenses would be worse. Super thin lenses are optimised for high prescriptions so will look worse in your frame - they are really flat at low numbers. As I said the optical properties are compromised too.

1.6 would look perfect as they have a bit of a curve to them and will still only be about 3mm thick so hidden by the frame.

^^^same.

Got my rx changed.

Bout 2 hit up that zenni optical or eyebuydirect lol.

Back
Top Bottom