Cost cutting at NIke is getting on my nerves !!!

Originally Posted by duke4005

I went through three pairs of OG Jordan 4's because the wings broke. I went through two pairs og Air Force V because the toe kept coming unstitched at a flexpoint. Same with a pair of Reebok Blacktops.
What was the timeline between each model? I didn't know anyone who bought multiple pairs because of performance issues. If a shoe broke down for whatever reason, that was the end of it. Nobody had money like that, so heads here in Southern California bought Jordans for fashion or for basketball, not for both.  

My main problem is the drop-off in material quality while also increasing price. Give us one or the other, not both.
Does this go for all Nike footwear or just retros?

I went through three pairs of OG Jordan 4's because the wings broke. I went through two pairs og Air Force V because the toe kept coming unstitched at a flexpoint. Same with a pair of Reebok Blacktops.
What was the timeline between each model? I didn't know anyone who bought multiple pairs because of performance issues. If a shoe broke down for whatever reason, that was the end of it. Nobody had money like that, so heads here in Southern California bought Jordans for fashion or for basketball, not for both.  

My main problem is the drop-off in material quality while also increasing price. Give us one or the other, not both.

truniversal wrote:
.....Wal Mart for example - i hate it, many of you do to- yet most still shop there, cuz its cheap and easy. All of the good quality grocery stores, produce, customer service, quality and integrity businesses have had to either adapt and change to meet our lazy demands, or go out of business.
....... and, who knows, maybe in the next decade nike and walmart will cut a deal - so you could do your banking, grocery shopping, electronics, automotive needs, gardening, grooming(hair,glasses,nails), pet needs, lottery, tobacco, clothes, and shoe shopping all in one trip!!!!
wink.gif

I hope youre being saracatic. You know at Super Wal-Mart in Texas and most of the South. You can do all that except what I highlighted.

truniversal wrote:
.....Wal Mart for example - i hate it, many of you do to- yet most still shop there, cuz its cheap and easy. All of the good quality grocery stores, produce, customer service, quality and integrity businesses have had to either adapt and change to meet our lazy demands, or go out of business.
....... and, who knows, maybe in the next decade nike and walmart will cut a deal - so you could do your banking, grocery shopping, electronics, automotive needs, gardening, grooming(hair,glasses,nails), pet needs, lottery, tobacco, clothes, and shoe shopping all in one trip!!!!
wink.gif

I hope youre being saracatic. You know at Super Wal-Mart in Texas and most of the South. You can do all that except what I highlighted.

Originally Posted by jca998

Originally Posted by DR DAMON

Nike is saving me money too. I have a few more shoes on my list of things I want and after that I plan to walk away after 22 years of being in this. I already sold off a bunch of shoes trying to empty my closet. I Just have stuff I wear and play ball and run in. I used to spend a couple grand a year on kicks but Nike is making it easier to keep my money in my own pockets instead of theirs. Durants hyperfuse. I think we will begin to see more shoes with this setup or heel only air also. I think it has now been proven that as long as they slap a nice colorway on a shoe or make it" limited" the kids will buy it no matter what . Its really a shame but we as a community are at fault for buying this stuff. I think the quality really started slipping around 2004 or so. I will now put on my flame suit for what I am going say. The Huarache 2k4 was garbage. Heel zoom good. Forefoot dot bad. This shoe was so overhyped especially on this board it was crazy. Through In some limited colorways. And get Kobe to rock them and instant classic. I even bought into it and purchased the black purple laser colorway. I played in them twice and that wAs enough. Sold them on ebay I couldn't believe after playing in them how they were so highly revered in the NT community. Maybe its just thAt since I am one of the older guys on here and have been playing in nikes and jordans since 1988, worked at a shoe store during vacations while in med school, I can tell when the kicks arent worth the pricepoint. Bought the green lantern huraches and sent them back to nike after trying them on . 175 for jordan 11 retros ? Retros should be cheaper than the ogs . Case in point lets go back to 1999 Jordan iv retro 99 bucks Og release i paid 115 . It's just unfortunate that the quality is not what it used to be. I thought about sending Nike an email about this topic. But don't think it will make any difference. Maybe someone at Nike will read this thread bit I dont think anything will change. Thy are laughing their way to the bank and at the same time alienating some of their longtime loyal customers like me.
Nike quality has gone way down hill.

I had the same issue with the Zoom Air Huarache, I bought the whole "Super Heroes" pack, tried them on and returned all of them. Straight garbage and they hurt my feet. Same thing for those Trainer 1's, luckily I only bought 1 pair at the outlet.

Jordans, don't get me started on Jordans. I refuse to buy their Retro garbage and only get the BIN series. The Playoff XIII's will be the only ones I get but even that, they were $150.00 wen they first released, no one can tell me otherwise because I have a Deadstock OG pair with the $150.00 price tag.

When the consumers, us in general, stop buying the garbage that is being produced, Nike will start to make a better product.

And, it can be done, look at the Nike Lebron 8 - South Beach, it cost $160.00 and materials and quality is way better than any Jordan release these year.
I disagree with you on the Nike Lebron 8 south beach, it feels high quality initially but when you wear them a couple of times and they get dirty, the nice blue leather is basically uncleanable because of the cheap quality of the materials .

Originally Posted by jca998

Nike is saving me money too. I have a few more shoes on my list of things I want and after that I plan to walk away after 22 years of being in this. I already sold off a bunch of shoes trying to empty my closet. I Just have stuff I wear and play ball and run in. I used to spend a couple grand a year on kicks but Nike is making it easier to keep my money in my own pockets instead of theirs. Durants hyperfuse. I think we will begin to see more shoes with this setup or heel only air also. I think it has now been proven that as long as they slap a nice colorway on a shoe or make it" limited" the kids will buy it no matter what . Its really a shame but we as a community are at fault for buying this stuff. I think the quality really started slipping around 2004 or so. I will now put on my flame suit for what I am going say. The Huarache 2k4 was garbage. Heel zoom good. Forefoot dot bad. This shoe was so overhyped especially on this board it was crazy. Through In some limited colorways. And get Kobe to rock them and instant classic. I even bought into it and purchased the black purple laser colorway. I played in them twice and that wAs enough. Sold them on ebay I couldn't believe after playing in them how they were so highly revered in the NT community. Maybe its just thAt since I am one of the older guys on here and have been playing in nikes and jordans since 1988, worked at a shoe store during vacations while in med school, I can tell when the kicks arent worth the pricepoint. Bought the green lantern huraches and sent them back to nike after trying them on . 175 for jordan 11 retros ? Retros should be cheaper than the ogs . Case in point lets go back to 1999 Jordan iv retro 99 bucks Og release i paid 115 . It's just unfortunate that the quality is not what it used to be. I thought about sending Nike an email about this topic. But don't think it will make any difference. Maybe someone at Nike will read this thread bit I dont think anything will change. Thy are laughing their way to the bank and at the same time alienating some of their longtime loyal customers like me.
Nike quality has gone way down hill.

I had the same issue with the Zoom Air Huarache, I bought the whole "Super Heroes" pack, tried them on and returned all of them. Straight garbage and they hurt my feet. Same thing for those Trainer 1's, luckily I only bought 1 pair at the outlet.

Jordans, don't get me started on Jordans. I refuse to buy their Retro garbage and only get the BIN series. The Playoff XIII's will be the only ones I get but even that, they were $150.00 wen they first released, no one can tell me otherwise because I have a Deadstock OG pair with the $150.00 price tag.

When the consumers, us in general, stop buying the garbage that is being produced, Nike will start to make a better product.

And, it can be done, look at the Nike Lebron 8 - South Beach, it cost $160.00 and materials and quality is way better than any Jordan release these year.
I disagree with you on the Nike Lebron 8 south beach, it feels high quality initially but when you wear them a couple of times and they get dirty, the nice blue leather is basically uncleanable because of the cheap quality of the materials .

unfortunately this is the world we live in these days
no longer is it bill bowerman trying to out design adidas with high quality shoes so to speak
its a huge company just trying to make as much money as they can without spending much

unfortunately this is the world we live in these days
no longer is it bill bowerman trying to out design adidas with high quality shoes so to speak
its a huge company just trying to make as much money as they can without spending much

Instead of complaining, you should stop buying nike products. I use asics for tennis now. The past 2 vapors and CB for tennis have sucked.

Instead of complaining, you should stop buying nike products. I use asics for tennis now. The past 2 vapors and CB for tennis have sucked.

Originally Posted by scshift

Isn't it illegal for Nike to sell the Zoom BB II lows without full length zoom air if they state that they have the full length zoom?

Something like false marketing, I'm sure Nike's got some loophole but if not, couldn't they be sued?
the shoe is zoom not full length zoom bb II lows so no its not illegal...the consumer has to take some due diligence and look into the product before complaints on warranty are made.

so basically so long as the shoe has some form of zoom in it (as advertised) it is a zoom shoe.

Isn't it illegal for Nike to sell the Zoom BB II lows without full length zoom air if they state that they have the full length zoom?

Something like false marketing, I'm sure Nike's got some loophole but if not, couldn't they be sued?
the shoe is zoom not full length zoom bb II lows so no its not illegal...the consumer has to take some due diligence and look into the product before complaints on warranty are made.

so basically so long as the shoe has some form of zoom in it (as advertised) it is a zoom shoe.

If sales for Nike went down thy would either have to lower the prices or up the quality. Since people still line up for shoe releases they wont be doing that. They laughin' straight to the bank 

If sales for Nike went down thy would either have to lower the prices or up the quality. Since people still line up for shoe releases they wont be doing that. They laughin' straight to the bank 

Honestly the quality on these is not that bad, and you all are forgetting one big thing:

We all have different feet. Honestly, for some of us, zoom sucks. If you're too heavy, unless its double-stacked, you're not feeling it. Tech doesn't necessarily make a shoe better.

Case in point, imo,

Jordan V >>>> Kobe V for playing ball

LeBron II >>>> LeBron VII

It's a matter of taste. If you want buttery leather, you'll have to get some custom made shoes, because even the leather on $600 dress shoes is ehhhhhhh at best.

Honestly the quality on these is not that bad, and you all are forgetting one big thing:

We all have different feet. Honestly, for some of us, zoom sucks. If you're too heavy, unless its double-stacked, you're not feeling it. Tech doesn't necessarily make a shoe better.

Case in point, imo,

Jordan V >>>> Kobe V for playing ball

LeBron II >>>> LeBron VII

It's a matter of taste. If you want buttery leather, you'll have to get some custom made shoes, because even the leather on $600 dress shoes is ehhhhhhh at best.

Originally Posted by truniversal

Oh, no, don't misunderstand; I didn't have money for three pairs. I took them jokers back and got new ones. Eventually, over the course of about 8 months, the V's came out and I ended up finally trading for them. I was lucky to get one pair to start the year with which is why I was taking them back if they broke. And we were the same way; played in Nike, kicked it in J's. But sometimes you had a big game and just had to lace those J's up and show what you had.

I have found Retro's, lately, at least the ones I have bought, have pretty good materials and construction. I still have a pair of the carbon Zoom 95's from the first day of release that I played hard in for 4 months and they are still in very good shape. Same with the Duke Uptempos. It just seems like the pleather used now feels like Payless leather, where back then it would actually wrinkle and crease to form a fit with your foot. Now it looks like it will never break in or if it does it will crack like vinyl. Don;t get me wrong; some shoes, like Lebrons or the high-end AF 1's still use great leathers and nubucks, but most like the Hypers and last years Durants just don't feel like anything shoes should be made out of.

Originally Posted by truniversal

Oh, no, don't misunderstand; I didn't have money for three pairs. I took them jokers back and got new ones. Eventually, over the course of about 8 months, the V's came out and I ended up finally trading for them. I was lucky to get one pair to start the year with which is why I was taking them back if they broke. And we were the same way; played in Nike, kicked it in J's. But sometimes you had a big game and just had to lace those J's up and show what you had.

I have found Retro's, lately, at least the ones I have bought, have pretty good materials and construction. I still have a pair of the carbon Zoom 95's from the first day of release that I played hard in for 4 months and they are still in very good shape. Same with the Duke Uptempos. It just seems like the pleather used now feels like Payless leather, where back then it would actually wrinkle and crease to form a fit with your foot. Now it looks like it will never break in or if it does it will crack like vinyl. Don;t get me wrong; some shoes, like Lebrons or the high-end AF 1's still use great leathers and nubucks, but most like the Hypers and last years Durants just don't feel like anything shoes should be made out of.

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

The official product description on ndc said full length zoom. I tried a pair that had full length zoom. But there are pairs out there with heel only also so yes it is false advertising. Zoom bb 3 official product description said full length zoom also. But the have heel zoom and that dumb little forefoot dot. Had they been officially released in the US. There would have been alot of returns and backlash just over the lack of full length zoom, which may have played a role them only dropping overseas. Quality in general has gotten worse and Nike is cutting corners with cushioning because the majority of people buying shoes only care about how they look and have no clue as to how much we used to get at a specific pricepoint as compared to now. Nike used to offer a lot more bang for the buck A recent example comes to mind. Zoom flight club cost over 100 bucks for a heel only zoom unit no forefoot air. But u could get a full length zoom bball shoe for the same or cheaper. Heck i bought a pair of zoom haywards awhile back that had full lenght zoom and retail wa 80 bucks Nike now more than ever seems to be more focused on sales than content. Like I said I've been into shoes since 88 and things are definitely going downhill. I think since the whole sneKerhead thing really blew up and has become more mainstream the quality and cost cutting has been on the rise. It is a business and the goal of any business is to maximize profits which they are doing.

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

The official product description on ndc said full length zoom. I tried a pair that had full length zoom. But there are pairs out there with heel only also so yes it is false advertising. Zoom bb 3 official product description said full length zoom also. But the have heel zoom and that dumb little forefoot dot. Had they been officially released in the US. There would have been alot of returns and backlash just over the lack of full length zoom, which may have played a role them only dropping overseas. Quality in general has gotten worse and Nike is cutting corners with cushioning because the majority of people buying shoes only care about how they look and have no clue as to how much we used to get at a specific pricepoint as compared to now. Nike used to offer a lot more bang for the buck A recent example comes to mind. Zoom flight club cost over 100 bucks for a heel only zoom unit no forefoot air. But u could get a full length zoom bball shoe for the same or cheaper. Heck i bought a pair of zoom haywards awhile back that had full lenght zoom and retail wa 80 bucks Nike now more than ever seems to be more focused on sales than content. Like I said I've been into shoes since 88 and things are definitely going downhill. I think since the whole sneKerhead thing really blew up and has become more mainstream the quality and cost cutting has been on the rise. It is a business and the goal of any business is to maximize profits which they are doing.

I know in the 80's and 90's the shoes were made with better materials, better leathers, thicker rubber, but there were still build issues. I went through three pairs of OG Jordan 4's because the wings broke. I went through two pairs og Air Force V because the toe kept coming unstitched at a flexpoint. Same with a pair of Reebok Blacktops. My main problem is the drop-off in material quality while also increasing price. Give us one or the other, not both.

Everything you said, but in particular the last sentence.

I know in the 80's and 90's the shoes were made with better materials, better leathers, thicker rubber, but there were still build issues. I went through three pairs of OG Jordan 4's because the wings broke. I went through two pairs og Air Force V because the toe kept coming unstitched at a flexpoint. Same with a pair of Reebok Blacktops. My main problem is the drop-off in material quality while also increasing price. Give us one or the other, not both.

Everything you said, but in particular the last sentence.

Originally Posted by Brondiesel

That probably wont happen

Originally Posted by Brondiesel

That probably wont happen

Mine were from eBay dude out of Florida I forgot to check to see if I could return them before I did a zoom transplant and made them full length zoom. Hopefully yours have full length zoom. I should have either returned them sold them or tried to return them to an outlet. I'd be alot more upset if I had paid full price for them.

I recently bought some flightposite 2 for cheap off eBay just so I could put the zoom sockliner/insole in my old flightposite tbs. Too bad u ca t order the zoom sockliner/insoles
Arrived today, heel only zoom
mad.gif
 damn you Nike
sick.gif
 Got them from an Ebay dude too from Florida. Btw did you remove the heel bag and the foam in order to put the full length bag? Or just putted it on top of the midsole?

Back
Top Bottom