Could a women's National soccer team beat the worst MLS team?

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

You guys are seriously overrating the @#$% out of the damn Vancouver Whitecaps. This isn't the LA Galaxy we're talking about here

Right? Some people needs to follow the MLS a little more. Whitecaps are !%+%@$! terrible. Hope Solo would lol at them trying to score on her.

Vancouver's only hope is Hassli hitting some ridiculous goal.

You guys are seriously overrating the @#$% out of the damn Vancouver Whitecaps. This isn't the LA Galaxy we're talking about here

Right? Some people needs to follow the MLS a little more. Whitecaps are !%+%@$! terrible. Hope Solo would lol at them trying to score on her.

Vancouver's only hope is Hassli hitting some ridiculous goal.

I'd put my money on the women's team to be honest. If there's one thing I've learned in the two years I've been following the sport, it's that speed and athleticism don't translate to goals. Technique, touch, and passing do.

I'd put my money on the women's team to be honest. If there's one thing I've learned in the two years I've been following the sport, it's that speed and athleticism don't translate to goals. Technique, touch, and passing do.

The mens team will win and it wouldnt even be close.

since ya mentioning the whitecaps... Jay Demerit will shut everything down and even Omar Salgado can get you some goals against them.

but I do believe Solo can hang with men.

The mens team will win and it wouldnt even be close.

since ya mentioning the whitecaps... Jay Demerit will shut everything down and even Omar Salgado can get you some goals against them.

but I do believe Solo can hang with men.

laugh.gif
@ Wambach "definitely" scoring off a set-piece. She's so good at it because of her size/athletic advantage over most women...that goes right out the door against men.

And Solo is good, but no goalie could handle how many 1 on 1's she would have to face with the men's speed advantage.

I've really enjoyed the WWC and have been thoroughly impressed, but let's keep this +!+@ in perspective
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@ Wambach "definitely" scoring off a set-piece. She's so good at it because of her size/athletic advantage over most women...that goes right out the door against men.

And Solo is good, but no goalie could handle how many 1 on 1's she would have to face with the men's speed advantage.

I've really enjoyed the WWC and have been thoroughly impressed, but let's keep this +!+@ in perspective
laugh.gif

It's a match I would like to see, something I've actually thought about the other day.
It's not out of the question, the women would certainly have better technique but the men would have strength/power/speed which would be overwhelming

It's a match I would like to see, something I've actually thought about the other day.
It's not out of the question, the women would certainly have better technique but the men would have strength/power/speed which would be overwhelming

Originally Posted by dland24

I have a question for MLS followers. This Whitecaps FC team. I understand the MLS is awful for professional soccer. But how would this Whitecaps team compare to, say, West Brom of the EPL? Or even, how would they compare to a second division team? Just curious before I make an argument.

Would not compare to West Brom.  Possibly a team in the bottom of the table in the second division.  Honestly, its hard to compare. 

Originally Posted by dland24

I have a question for MLS followers. This Whitecaps FC team. I understand the MLS is awful for professional soccer. But how would this Whitecaps team compare to, say, West Brom of the EPL? Or even, how would they compare to a second division team? Just curious before I make an argument.

Would not compare to West Brom.  Possibly a team in the bottom of the table in the second division.  Honestly, its hard to compare. 

USA women would get destroyed.
laugh.gif
  I've enjoyed watching the WWC as much as anybody but yall can't be serious with this.  USWNT practices against U-15/16 boys all the time and they get smacked quite often.  The difference in speed and overall athleticism is very clear even at that age, forget about grown #%$ men.

Vancouver Whitecaps would wreck shop.

USA women would get destroyed.
laugh.gif
  I've enjoyed watching the WWC as much as anybody but yall can't be serious with this.  USWNT practices against U-15/16 boys all the time and they get smacked quite often.  The difference in speed and overall athleticism is very clear even at that age, forget about grown #%$ men.

Vancouver Whitecaps would wreck shop.

I think they could probably hang for a little while but for 90 minutes forget it. The women would have to be going full tilt to try to keep up and theres only so long they could do that.

At least that's what I think... Who really knows how it would turn out.

Best believe that Garbage FC would be going HARD in order to not get beat by girls.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I think they could probably hang for a little while but for 90 minutes forget it. The women would have to be going full tilt to try to keep up and theres only so long they could do that.

At least that's what I think... Who really knows how it would turn out.

Best believe that Garbage FC would be going HARD in order to not get beat by girls.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I can't believe this thread still has legs. Before I break this $!@% down, let me give you a little story that you can use as a reference point. In 1999, during the spring before the women's World Cup, my high school team, Loomis Chaffee, scrimmaged the US Women's team. The US team trained at my high school prior to the World Cup due to the connection we had with Tony DiCicco: his son Anthony was the backup goalie on our team, a bunch of us played for Oakwood where Anthony's younger brothers played, and a lot of guys on the team were from CT and coached at Tony's SoccerPlus camp. You know what the final score was? We won 3-1 and this was against the US' best team ever. And no, they were not going easy, they actually played harder as the game went on. To this day the game is still talked about in CT.

Now, this 2011 team is THE WORST US women's team of my generation. They have absolutely no kind of offensive creativity, nobody to break down the defense 1 on 1 and most of their offense comes from set pieces and serves into the box. You don't think ANY men's team would kill all that? Men are more physical, taller, stronger, faster, quicker, you name it, they exceed at it in soccer.

And if you're going to use the Whitecaps as an example of the worst MLS team then you better take a hard look at the matchups that would take place. Demerit, Leathers, Hassli, Salgado, Harris, and Salinas alone exceeds any US women's field player. Not to mention Cannon > Solo and you're an idiot if you think otherwise. 5-0. Easily. You're a dumb %*%# if you think the US women's team would make the game close. Only way they would score is off a fluky set piece and got a lucky bounce in the box or a PK.

It's crazy hearing from people who have never played soccer before and commenting on this. And if you've played soccer at a high level AND STILL think the US women's team would beat the Vancouver Whitecaps then I'm glad I don't know you in person.

I can't believe this thread still has legs. Before I break this $!@% down, let me give you a little story that you can use as a reference point. In 1999, during the spring before the women's World Cup, my high school team, Loomis Chaffee, scrimmaged the US Women's team. The US team trained at my high school prior to the World Cup due to the connection we had with Tony DiCicco: his son Anthony was the backup goalie on our team, a bunch of us played for Oakwood where Anthony's younger brothers played, and a lot of guys on the team were from CT and coached at Tony's SoccerPlus camp. You know what the final score was? We won 3-1 and this was against the US' best team ever. And no, they were not going easy, they actually played harder as the game went on. To this day the game is still talked about in CT.

Now, this 2011 team is THE WORST US women's team of my generation. They have absolutely no kind of offensive creativity, nobody to break down the defense 1 on 1 and most of their offense comes from set pieces and serves into the box. You don't think ANY men's team would kill all that? Men are more physical, taller, stronger, faster, quicker, you name it, they exceed at it in soccer.

And if you're going to use the Whitecaps as an example of the worst MLS team then you better take a hard look at the matchups that would take place. Demerit, Leathers, Hassli, Salgado, Harris, and Salinas alone exceeds any US women's field player. Not to mention Cannon > Solo and you're an idiot if you think otherwise. 5-0. Easily. You're a dumb %*%# if you think the US women's team would make the game close. Only way they would score is off a fluky set piece and got a lucky bounce in the box or a PK.

It's crazy hearing from people who have never played soccer before and commenting on this. And if you've played soccer at a high level AND STILL think the US women's team would beat the Vancouver Whitecaps then I'm glad I don't know you in person.

Yes. They would destroy them. Alot of these women's NTs pass and defend much better than the men, with a huge example being USA. 

This is the single dumbest thing i have ever read on NT

Thank you for the break down which is 100% true

A while back there was some sports scientist that said the top Female athlete has the athleticism of a Top 14 year old Male athlete.

Pure speed would be the reason why the women would lose.  My High school soccer team was the worst in our conference when i was a Junior.  The womens team was ranked 10th in the nation.  Everyone joked the girls would crush us they are nationally ranked we were terrible.  So for senior week we had a scrimmage with them.  We were up 7-0 after 20 mins and they stopped the game and it turned into a practice. 

Back
Top Bottom