Could society function better if there were restrictions on who could have kids?

that wont benefit society at all :lol:

as a person going through the struggle of conceiving for about 3 years now with IVF 1 failed cycle and one about to start, already about 25k just for a 50/50 chance not even a guarantee WITHOUT the slightest government aid or even my own insurance.....i think is a joke to see single mothers, pop kid after kid from different pops, unemployed and her kids taken care of by the government....government aid has pretty much encouraged alot of irresponsible people to not own up to their responsabilities....im not rich yet i have to come out of pocket for a chance at a family, a working middle class man.
Doesnt your post just support the my claim that people who want and should have kids would be willing to pay the tax.  What we want to eliminate is people who dont really want kids or aren't ready them to be faced with higher costs or consequences to deter them from having them.

Im assuming by "hefty tax" you mean a fee, correct? If that's the case, a "hefty tax" is not going to deter anyone from having kids. Especially not the individuals that are going to have the most trouble raising a child.

If you want to curb births from unfit parents, you'd have to do it in the form of an inducement. Say, a tax credit. You're eligible for the credit once you turn 18, and variables, such as college enrollment, marital status, and income, can have an effect on how much of a credit you receive. Once an individual, or couple, reaches a certain income threshold, they are no longer eligible for the credit.

Im assuming by "hefty tax" you mean a fee, correct? If that's the case, a "hefty tax" is not going to deter anyone from having kids. Especially not the individuals that are going to have the most trouble raising a child.

If you want to curb births from unfit parents, you'd have to do it in the form of an inducement. Say, a tax credit. You're eligible for the credit once you turn 18, and variables, such as college enrollment, marital status, and income, can have an effect on how much of a credit you receive. Once an individual, or couple, reaches a certain income threshold, they are no longer eligible for the credit.
Whats the difference? That's just the reverse of what i said with the same outcome. I just meant when you go to file every year and put down that you have a child... you get hit with a non progressive tax. If the average person gets 500-2000 back on a tax return then make the fee like 3 - 6k. If getting tax breaks is incentive enough for people to have more kids like everyone says, then having them owe money every year should do the opposite. and like i said it can't be a tax credit because the goal is to have that extra revenue go to support education and healthcare for children that are born, otherwise it would just be another redistributive tax. as a tax credit, it punishes those who pay the most taxes.  If the fee is more than the undesirable parent can pay then they receive a one time tax credit and their child becomes a ward of the state (which was the extreme part that would never pass). The money lost in feeding, educated, and training them is recooped by utilizing these children in vocational roles until they graduate the program and enter the private sector workforce

Whats the difference? That's just the reverse of what i said with the same outcome. I just meant when you go to file every year and put down that you have a child... you get hit with a non progressive tax. If the average person gets 500-2000 back on a tax return then make the fee like 3 - 6k. If getting tax breaks is incentive enough for people to have more kids like everyone says, then having them owe money every year should do the opposite. and like i said it can't be a tax credit because the goal is to have that extra revenue go to support education and healthcare for children that are born, otherwise it would just be another redistributive tax. as a tax credit, it punishes those who pay the most taxes.  If the fee is more than the undesirable parent can pay then they receive a one time tax credit and their child becomes a ward of the state (which was the extreme part that would never pass). The money lost in feeding, educated, and training them is recooped by utilizing these children in vocational roles until they graduate the program and enter the private sector workforce

Well if in return for that yearly tax on kids we get free private schooling/day care and medical insurance, I'm all for it, paying a yearly tax on each kid just for hell of it will not benefit families at all....the middle class already pays taxes on everything, you somehow save up 400k to buy a crib cash money you still have to worry about at least 1-2k monthly for property taxes depending where you live....the system is designed to drain the life out of the middle working class....this goes for kids as well....

Middle class parents = pay your own insurance, day care, school, etc as you should since is your responsibility.

Lower Class parents = free everything...

I have nothi against helping the needy, but let's be serious in the recent years the hood rich mentality has reached peak levels, single mothers rather pop another kid to get more money for her own luxuries, people on food stamps hustling their food allowance for actual cash, people living in rent controlled housing paying 250$ a month, with a lease on a brand new Range worth 800$ a month....**** has got to stop.

What happens if daddy gov't cuts the $$ / benefits to both citizens and businesses? Mass protests and decline of the US?

Last edited:
:lol: Some of y'all really think people on welfare are the problem

Corporate welfare, agriculture welfare and riduclous tax loopholes are more of a drain on you than the people on welfare but keep believing that

Last edited:
People in general are the problem

The population is increasing while more and more jobs are getting automated

With perfect execution of this society would be different but not necessarily better.

There won't be perfect execution so I could easily see this being corrupted with the quickness. If it was mandatory, minorities would be wiped out according to who is in charge; unnatural selection for real.

Whats the difference?

You want to punish people for having kids by taxing them. The problem is, the individuals that will end up having the most trouble raising a child won't even be taxed to begin with. So how would you justify 3 - 6k fee?

And I'm sorry, but if you want to fund social programs, taxing the poor is not the answer.

Poor people don't have kids because they're poor.
nope

What are you talking about?

Last edited:
I know bud :lol:

But the sad truth is YES, some people do have kids to make money. I know cases where a parent wants to claim their child is emotionally disturbed and MR to claim more SS on them even though they aren't. Telling their kid to fail test and such :smh:

World is cruel man

Last edited:
so 3% then

Make it 2.12322%, thing is the answer is YES there are some people who have kids for money.

Off a quick google search it says we have about 321,000,000 people in America.lets use your number and say 3% of that is about 9,600,000. That's a lot of people

Last edited:
Those ppl are not a lot in the big scheme of things.

American government wastes billions more in other programs they claim are necessary.

Sound salty because you can't be in a range. And stop assuming how they're paying for their range

Well if in return for that yearly tax on kids we get free private schooling/day care and medical insurance, I'm all for it, paying a yearly tax on each kid just for hell of it will not benefit families at all....the middle class already pays taxes on everything, you somehow save up 400k to buy a crib cash money you still have to worry about at least 1-2k monthly for property taxes depending where you live....the system is designed to drain the life out of the middle working class....this goes for kids as well....

Middle class parents = pay your own insurance, day care, school, etc as you should since is your responsibility.

Lower Class parents = free everything...

I have nothi against helping the needy, but let's be serious in the recent years the hood rich mentality has reached peak levels, single mothers rather pop another kid to get more money for her own luxuries, people on food stamps hustling their food allowance for actual cash, people living in rent controlled housing paying 250$ a month, with a lease on a brand new Range worth 800$ a month....**** has got to stop.

I think some of y'all are overestimating how much people on welfare get

I believe its as much as $200 per month as a single person and $900 as a family but they still have to hold a job

I think some of y'all are overestimating how much people on welfare get

I believe its as much as $200 per month as a single person and $900 as a family but they still have to hold a job

Yup, then multiply that by about (let's guess VERY low and say 2% ish of America) 5 million MONTHLY and see how the numbers add up. That also does t include medical insurance, educational needs, ect.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom