Craigslist Returns

A week ago, I sold an office chair on Craigslist and delivered it to the buyer's doorstep for an extra bit of money. At the time of the transaction, he had no qualms with the chair, having said everything about it was fine. He even took close to 10 minutes inspecting it, sitting in it, etc. Today he texts me asking for a refund because the chair is "uncomfortable" and that it "gives him back pains." I didn't mention anything about refunds in my Craigslist posting but thought that it was implied that you may take all the time in the world inspecting it, but the sale is final after that. Would you guys give the refund?

View media item 219951

Its not your problem it gives him back pains, I wouldnt give his money back.

ask him if he still has the receipt... if not hes out of luck... you might. and a huge emphasis on might give him store credit depending on the condition of said used chair.

If he doesnt know where you live...you good. **** a refund...he inspected it, sat in it, and made you drive all the way over there for the transaction. the nerve of this guy... :smh:

Tell him you'll give him a refund. When you meetup clap his shoulders and take your chair back & tell him now he has more than back pains to worry about.

:smokin

well personal problems with the chain dont count for a refund.

if it was no as described or damaged then sure.

tell him to kick rocks

Hell no, unless dude knows where you live or any other pertinent info about you tell him that's his loss. It's pretty much a general rule that all people browsing craigslist know is that all sales are final.

I;m too sure it wouldnt be fair to  you  for him to try to return a item  off craiglist. Truely. If everything is fine and he SAYS he is satifyed, he should not ask for a return later. I'm petty to the point where you'd have to take me to court for that mess.

Last edited:
As long as you gave him plenty of time to inspect the chair, and he exchanged cash for it, after that its up to you on how you want to proceed. Only way you would be obligated to refund him is if you created a contract and you stated some kind of refund period...

His property, his problem... He probably spent money that he shouldnt of....

Make sure to always put "SOLD AS IS" in your Craigslist post. You can fall back on that in these situations.

Had this chick buy a Bluetooth keyboard ipad case from me and asked for a refund 3 months later because it stopped working... FOH!

Back
Top Bottom