Creed (Film Series) | Creed III | 3/3/23

This is the only "rocky" film I've seen in theaters.(have the rest on bluray) I wasn't disappointed, but I hoped for more.

This is the only "rocky" film I've seen in theaters.(have the rest on bluray) I wasn't disappointed, but I hoped for more.

What more did you want? lol I`d say the movie made me ready for more than feeling anything was left out.

Going with my dad tonight, he's a fan of the the Rocky series so I know he'll enjoy this :pimp: .

:pimp: have a good time bro

Going with my dad tonight, he's a fan of the the Rocky series so I know he'll enjoy this :pimp: .

Well worth it. :smokin

Apollo approves from the heavens View media item 1815730
Movie, MB.J, and even Stallone delivered big throughout :pimp: . I agree with the consensus in here that the 'Rocky series' aspect wasn't forced at all.

- Loved the plot behind it all; Adonis not wanting to take the Creed name. But Bianca set him straight and said take it and make it your own
- The nods to the original Rocky's were great and as a I said, not forced
- Lord Knows/bike scene had me hyyyyyped
- One-take of Adonis walking to and into the ring was very well done
- Neat/slick moment of Adonis getting tipped off about the ref's finger count by patting his neck
- Probably my only real gripe with the movie was Adonis flashbacking after getting knocked down and then basically roaring to get to his feet. For some reason that reminded me of Frank the Tank from Old School after the tranquilizer :lol:

- Had a feeling it was going to be cancer for Rocky :smh: but that "If I fight, you fight" line :wow:

I'm in for a Creed 2 if they are going to go ahead with one.

Last edited:
MBJ has talked about more movies and considering the praise and good box office so far, I think that's a safe assumption.

Let me just say I enjoyed the film, but the essence of the rocky series was a definite component in the film. The underdog, rags to riches feel is still there. The kid obviously was given a great opportunity being that he had a great job, had a nice wheel and the backing of his mom. The underdog components come in when he gets an apartment in one of the worst neighborhoods on Philly, falls for a girl with a disability and he has to stuggle with Rocky while he is sick.

I hope the setup they are alluding to in the movie isn't the final fight, I'd rather they get that out of the way early and give us more of the history of the characters.

Last edited:
just watched rocky balboa, where was his girl?

and what happened to/ they shoulda had that sexy pregnant chick that worked at adrians

Or if he's talking about Marie (the girl who said "screw you creepo" in Rocky), she was more of a friend and would have detracted from the Creed plot, because they wanted to make Rocky seem pretty lonely and vulnerable.

Number 1 contender

Going to be talking trash since he knocked him out

Trained by apollos trainers son

Trains in creeds gym

Wallace getting revenge on the barksdale family

Perfect set up for creed 2

Way too many points. It's gotta happen

And then you have a reporter slip in during the Creed/Stuntman Press Conference that Pretty Ricky might be released early from prison to set up Creed III

It's just really good seeing a great young black actor who's out here flourishing and didn't ever have to tap dance in one of Tyler Perry's minstrel shows. Really excited for the next film(s)
You and me both man.

An extremely well-produced film. It felt like you were watching an HBO 24/7 special on his life. 

The MBJ/Stallone dynamic was every bit entertaining, as it was compelling. I appreciated his relationship with Bianca, very contemporary look into love.

5/5 from me. I think what really stood out to me the most was Coogler's direction for a boxing movie. His choices in shooting the matches were gripping and fast paced. Having Stallone take a step back, and play a more vulnerable character really made the film come to life too.

Coogler and Michael B are about to win some really big rings. 

Really good film. Very inspirational combination of writing, visuals, and music.

Probably the most notable improvement I noticed over the OG Rocky series was the boxing choreography. They made sure to have MBJ shadowbox in the projected silliness and the in-ring/training action was very well done. The official branding throughout was also a nice touch.

I'll probably see it again, mostly because the projector lamp in the theater I watched it in was on its LAST LEGS :smh:
Movie was dim as hell.

I don't know if the steroids helped, but Stallone's face really surprised me. Props to his doctors, but it was strange seeing him without the "signature" look.

Oh, and Claire could still get it.

Last edited:
Easily the best film i've seen all year. I don't think i ever got this excited in a theater before
laugh.gif

I was ready to punch a hole in the seat in front of me during the dirt bike scene
Idk that scene didnt hit me like that, if he had more of a connection with the dirtbike kids it would have been better. But Im just nitpicking... at the end of the day, I LOVE this movie...

Quite sure if you left home to follow a boxing career and your mom was disappointed and basically disowned you but still loves and cares for like a son she'll keep tabs on you by watching ESPN, browsing boxing websites, etc. The woman is Apollo Creeds former wife quite sure she knows a good deal about sporting news outlets. Don't see it any different than a parent going through a not talking to phase with their kids but constantly browsing their fb to see what their up to and OK
Makes sense. I didn't look at it from that POV. Thanks for making sense of that for me Foams

Really good film. Very inspirational combination of writing, visuals, and music.

Probably the most notable improvement I noticed over the OG Rocky series was the boxing choreography. They made sure to have MBJ shadowbox in the projected silliness and the in-ring/training action was very well done. The official branding throughout was also a nice touch.

I'll probably see it again, mostly because the projector lamp in the theater I watched it in was on its LAST LEGS :smh:
Movie was dim as hell.

I don't know if the steroids helped, but Stallone's face really surprised me. Props to his doctors, but it was strange seeing him without the "signature" look.

Oh, and Claire could still get it.

My dad loved this aspect of the film.

The camera work and production was awesome. Made it really seem like an HBO documentary 

Back
Top Bottom