Creed (Film Series) | Creed III | 3/3/23

Give it a solid 8/10. This was a clean fit
adonis-creed-blazer-800x800.PNG

Thought it was on par with Creed 2. The plot seemed really rushed going into the final match at the end.

Honestly I thought Majors was the star of the show, was more interested in his plot with Adonis (1st half of the film) than the actual boxing tbh.

Honestly I thought Majors was the star of the show, was more interested in his plot with Adonis (1st half of the film) than the actual boxing tbh.
Yeah after thinking about it more the movie would've been better if it just centered around Major's character. Instead of a guy looking for revenge, it's about him getting his life/boxing career back after throwing his life away in prison. Still fits the Rocky underdog story too.

Yeah after thinking about it more the movie would've been better if it just centered around Major's character. Instead of a guy looking for revenge, it's about him getting his life/boxing career back after throwing his life away in prison. Still fits the Rocky underdog story too.

Same that's the story I wanted, but that might be because JM is a superior actor and was much more interesting.

I think it was round 2 in the final fight, but when it was no crowd just the two of them, that **** was hard :pimp: Majors had me wanting to root for him when he came out to Nipsey on both fights. Definitely want to see it again

That Was A Very Creative Scene.

Not shocked it did well. Movie theater was like Black Panther.

We really don't need a part four, even though we're going to get it. Hopefully Jonathan Majors is involved, he's more of an interesting character than Adonis.

Idk where they would go with Creed 4 since he already retired and came out of retirement in 3.

Don't need to get to the Rocky V (keep making sequels until you get 💩) point in the Creed series.

Idk where they would go with Creed 4 since he already retired and came out of retirement in 3.

Don't need to get to the Rocky V (keep making sequels until you get 💩) point in the Creed series.

They made a mistake expediting it. They could have still done the Dame portion without making him retired. Floyd had fighters while fighting.

Are they going to repeat the same Rocky tropes and having him now broke and needing to fight again?

His daughter coming up through the ranks is all I can think of

She is really young unless they plan on doing a big time jump. MBJ and Tessa Thompson in old people SFX/makeup. :lol:

I guess that could make for an interesting movie with her being a deaf boxer. Had to search if there were any pro boxers who are deaf and found this story.

Last edited:
I know it's predictable formula-someone from the past shows up for revenge, Creed has to train to get back in shape, Creed wins, and then they respect each other/reconcile in the end.Dame was played really well by Jonathan Majors, so the rehashed plot didn't detract from my enjoyment.

I also liked that his character wasn't just one of those clear cut liability friends from your past that you HAVE to cut off; any of us would be mad as hell too if we were in his shoes. Creed and his mom both did him dirty.

They made a mistake expediting it. They could have still done the Dame portion without making him retired. Floyd had fighters while fighting.

Are they going to repeat the same Rocky tropes and having him now broke and needing to fight again?
I agree. I thought we would see this movie as the one where he debated retirement or past his prime, but that happened first fight. I'll trust the series

Wanted to see it opening weekend but I had to work... Saw it today and iMax and I loved it. Majors was awesome. Jordan's direction was really, really good. They had some really great looking shots. I love the way they film the boxing scenes. The final fight was incredible. This movie has no reason to be as good as it was the third movie in a spin-off franchise dating back 45 years

I respect them going their own route. I do miss Rocky but I get it. I might have a few nitpicks here and there but honestly this movie was amazing and I was very impressed by it

Back
Top Bottom