Damn it's been 14 years since AALIYAH passed away #RIP

I remember watching the simpsons & seeing the "more at 9" report during a commercial....... had this face for the rest of the week :frown:

people gotta stop with that beyonce myth, she was up there with aaliyah at the time

destiny childs dropped survivor earlier that year and the album went gold first week, they was running r&b at the time

people gotta stop with that beyonce myth, she was up there with aaliyah at the time

destiny childs dropped survivor earlier that year and the album went gold first week, they was running r&b at the time

NO she wasn't. Destiny's Child as a GROUP was doing good but Aaliyah was THE top chick hands down. They were not neck and neck at that point. Beyonce was on her way though.

I remember when when she passed away..I was on my way home from my first pop warner football game when they announced it on the radio

Random..but I used to get my hair cut by this dude that was in Ginuwine's entourage...he believes beyonce would be bigger than aaliyah if she was still aliv

beyonce was the group 
laugh.gif
 everybody knew who beyonce was back then

if being on romeo must die made her the top chick then i guess

because destinys child was more successful than aaliyah 

^^^ she was still in A GROUP, if beyonce was good to go solo from the start then she woulda done that, Aaliyah was doing that AND starring in movies. I don't care so much about the beyonce myth I always wonder if Timbo would still be ridin with JT so hard if she was still alive

mean.gif
 thats like saying young mj wasnt bigger than marvin gaye or whoever was big in the early 70s because he was in a group

R.I.P.

My favorite song of hers.

Shout out to all the wannabees out there, I'm looking at you Ashanti, Jehne, to name a few.

Last edited:
beyonce was the group :lol:  everybody knew who beyonce was back then

if being on romeo must die made her the top chick then i guess
because destinys child was more successful than aaliyah 

Nah bruh... Aaliyah was the IT girl! She was doing it all.

i wanna know who gave r kelly the greenlight to write that song
**** writing the song, the man wrote and produced the entire album. 

In the middle of the rumors between him and aaliyah getting down...he writes and produces an entire album that's called "Age ain't nothing but a number" and no one in the powers that be stopped his involvement with the project. I think that's hilarious 
laugh.gif
 Then to top the label okay'd an album cover where Kellz is looking like a straight predator waiting for a teen afterschool. You can't make this stuff up.

This is on the heels of Kellz shouting out Aaliyah on "She's got that vibe" saying "Little Cute Aaliyah, she's got that vibe..." the record was cut in 91. She couldn't be more than 12 
roll.gif

Kellz is the greatest of all time though so I don't really care. He made You Remind Me Of Something so it's all good 

Back
Top Bottom