Damn, Melo Done Goof'd

The Boss and the Yankees created the blueprint for spending ahir load to win championships.

I know the basketball hall of fame takes into account college and olympics and all that but Melo is a Hall of Famer?

T mac just got in. Melo might as well give his speech today

Same with Vince Carter and possibly Grant Hill. T-Mac making it opened the flood gates to a grip of dudes :lol:
Vince out here dunking ***** at 40 :lol:

No way he not in.
Naw rings >

The money is going to come regardless..whole purpose of the game is to win

rings ain't gonna cop u that bugatti 20 years after you retired.
Even if you sell the ring :lol:

Last edited:
Man idk I'm just letting y'all know where I heard it from :lol:

Ya obviously more in the loop than I am

Yeah....I mean, Melo could've taken like a 18mil per year deal....and been on a contender when he hit FA a few years back....on a shorter deal, where he'd be eligible to sign a bigger deal like last year if he hit FA with all the TV money.

So he could've potentially got a ring or some more deep playoff success as well as earned some bread down the line. But he chose to be locked in to that long term contract with the knocks. I don't think Melo even has a top 10 annual salary right now.

Bron
Conley
Beal
Derozan
Horford

Offf the top of my head....make more than Melo annually.

But Melo REALLY goofed when he decided to take that extra year on his contract when it was time for extensions after the rookie deal in 2006. Bron, Wade and Bosh took the 3 year deal. Melo took the 4 year extension. He didn't wanna "leave money on the table."

Bron, Wade and Bosh got to hit free agency in 2010. A year before the collective bargaining agreement was set to expire. They were able to lock in contracts under the old CBA. Once Melo saw those guys team up in Miami...he wanted to form his own super team in a "big market"....problem is....there was a looming lockout and uncertainty about contracts going into the 2011 offseason. So Melo forced his way outta Denver....signed under the old CBA for a longer deal...and crippled the knicks franchise.

Everything g that's happened with Melos situation is due to his inability to look at the potential long term...and NOT take the money on the table. Every time he was presented with the opportunity to take the money on the table...he took it. And it hurt his flexibility.

That decision in 2006 basically altered the future of the NBA. Melo could've been on the heat if he took the shorter extension.

Bron & Wade probably hit Melo with da

Y'all had to know that cheater clip was a joke. I don't know what women y'all know that wouldn't flip their lid after finding out they been cheated on.

Back
Top Bottom